Looking for Guild Masters

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hi there!

I'm Viv, the GM of Arcanas Sanctum.

I would like to get to know the other GM's of the Guilds of Runetotem. I believe we can benefit each other with knowledge, as well as help each other out here and there with players etc. And support each other in the trials of being a GM. :)

I look forward to hearing from you.

Viv
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Hello Viv -

I'm the GM of <Is Out Of Mana> - it's a pleasure. I know we're Alliance, but it I can be of service, don't hesitate to ask. :)

-Cat
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I cant figure out is this thread is serious or not. Caterpillar posted here presented a whole new element to that situation as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm totally serious :) And knowing people on the Alliance side is a good thing too.

Nice to meet you Cat!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Hello Vivienne,

I commend you for reaching out like this and extend my hand in welcoming you and your purpose.

-Hark-
KOTR GM
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
nice to meet you as well Harkunan :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Hey Vivienne,

Guild Masters on Runetotem used to have very open lines of communication with each other regarding members, prospective members, and blacklisted members. We would share raid strategies, offer up alts and spare raiders to help each other on an off week, and join together for world PvP and other events. This has fallen by the wayside to some extent recently, and if this thread helps regain some of that old camaraderie, then I'm all for it. Great to meet you, and best of luck.

Grimm
<Legion of Sin> GM
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Im still convinced that this is an early April fools joke.

This would be on the same level as perhaps someone claiming that bacon is kosher or something even more absurd like star wars > star trek....which we all know is just simply ridiculous
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey Vivienne,

Guild Masters on Runetotem used to have very open lines of communication with each other regarding members, prospective members, and blacklisted members. We would share raid strategies, offer up alts and spare raiders to help each other on an off week, and join together for world PvP and other events. This has fallen by the wayside to some extent recently, and if this thread helps regain some of that old camaraderie, then I'm all for it. Great to meet you, and best of luck.

Grimm
<Legion of Sin> GM

And this is what I'm looking for :) My last server was pretty terrible and so far I've been impressed with the kindness of people here. It's nice to meet you too Grimm.

Viv
Edited by Vivienne on 3/28/2013 9:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

This would be on the same level as perhaps someone claiming that bacon is kosher or something even more absurd like star wars > star trek....which we all know is just simply ridiculous

We came from a pretty awful realm with a terrible community. We're hoping to find and become part of a strong community in our new home. So far the experience has been very pleasant and we've already networked with a few guilds. If you think we're being insincere, I apologize, but rest assured Vivienne is not trolling; she simply wants to become part of a community and get to know people.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
So what you are saying is that you too believe that Star Trek > Star Wars. Fair enough.

Good luck with your move here. Ive been here a long time and have enjoyed Runetotem.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
So what you are saying is that you too believe that Star Trek > Star Wars. Fair enough.

Good luck with your move here. Ive been here a long time and have enjoyed Runetotem.

For the record: Star Trek >>>>> Star Wars
Reply Quote

For the record: Star Trek >>>>> Star Wars

Get off my server now!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Its actually insulting to Star Trek and all that it stands for to even compare it to something as sophomoric and mindless as star wars. This thread now has merit.

dwarf rogue, i laugh at thee!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Hi Viv, I’m a GM of an irrelevant guild, and it’s nice to meet you. Since I’ve made my post relevant to the thread, I can address Raz.

I just want to say that I don’t like the Communist messages of Star Trek where there is no money. Puh-lease, who “works” to better themselves if they didn’t have to? And as far as a holodeck is concerned, I would live on the holodeck. As far as the power source of the holodeck, there isn’t enough energy on in the world that could even sustain a holodeck using Einstein’s formula E=mc^2. Let’s not go into how you’d get obliterated by beaming onto Enterprise or any other transporter platform.

While it’s true the executives of the Star Trek series had better character develop and culture. And I liked Ronald D Moore, king of BSG (TNS), brought Klingons a depth of character not usually done in science fiction and probably inspired Babylon 5. I did find myself watching Insurrection the other day. The excessive singing and dancing suddenly made me think I was watching a bad Saturday Night Live parody of Star Trek. I give props to the Wrath of Khan, The Voyage Home, and the The Undiscovered Country. The movies slowly degraded into geriatric moments sprinkled with singing and dancing numbers.

The rest of the movies sucked except for the new one directed by J. J. Abrams which CPR’d that series back to life, and look forward to his next.

In the Original Series 1966–1969, Gene Roddenberry pitched “Cowboys in Space”. Had he gotten his way, his series couldn’t hold a torch to what Firefly and Serenity did. Aren’t you glad he went with Greek mythology and green women?

Of course I own only one season of Star Trek, because of Ensign Ro. And one movie Insurrection, because Anji had a perfect moment with Captain Picard. Yet I own all six movies of Star Wars, still...

Star Trek > Star Wars
except Star Trek doesn't have anyone remotely like Hans Solo.

And Bacon isn't Kosher?
Edited by Arlaise on 3/28/2013 6:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I've got a bad feeling about this!

/deraillbrakesquealing **crunch**

Welcome Viv. I'm the formerly-deposed president of Runetotem, recently reinstated by merit of the fact that Razputen jumps onto a chair and lifts his skirts whenever gnomes are nearby. Sign-ups for the bi-monthly tribute potluck can be found hanging above the toilet in the women's restroom.
Edited by Flam on 3/28/2013 9:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
Hey Viviene,

Sin from EFH here. Love that you are doing this. Sylvii from Tempest and myself attempted to do something similar to this back in Cata, and were met with limited success. I definitly think there are a wealth of resources available on Runetotem, and I love the idea of reaching out and attempting to utilize every resource at our disposal.

One of our Social Members is actually looking to form a 10 man raid team, but being we are a daytime guild, we find it difficult to run alternate groups at night due to our work schedules, irl stuff, etc. Perhaps this is one of those things where we all can help each other.

In the 2 years I've been on RT I've made some great friends among many guilds and I know I have been able to act as a resource for quite a few GM's who have had troubles with admin stuff, in addition to roadblocks during progression. Definitly let me know if there's anything I can do to help and if you ever want to chat just find me in-game pretty much any morning. I can be a little hard to reach during our raid times but I will respond!

Good stuff here Viv,

-Sin
-Gm, Exiled From Hell-
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Retired GM, good concept. Keep at it :D

-SW
Reply Quote
55 Goblin Death Knight
Despite the cast of stars that have posted on this thread, it can't be taken seriously. I have to agree with Razputen on this matter, this sort of thing is just a little bit too lame to not be a joke.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've added those I can to my friends list and if I see y'all on, I'll try and battletag you as well.

I'd love to have a more open line of communication with you guys. I also think it'd be great to be able to whisper a handful of you if I'm short a dps (and vice versa) on raid night and know about what I'm getting. (Instead of that completely random, sometimes awesome, sometimes scary member of trade :D)

Glad to see all the responses on here. (Even the derailed! lol) And I hope to see more.

Viv
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]