Renewal of An'She 2013

100 Tauren Shaman
As any good Shu'Halo would, Thunderhoof Clan marks the Equinox and Solstice with ritual and celebration. Tonight was our Renewal of An'She, a celebration of the return of the sun.

We dress in the colors of An'She: reds, golds, oranges, yellows, to give thanks for the light and warmth, and to acknowledge and strengthen the ties with those around us. It is a celebration of life and growth.

Many thanks to Shu'Halo from the DreadHorde guilds (and the orcs, goblins, and bloodelves) who returned to their roots to help us celebrate. I saw an unguilded tauren or two as well. (How'd you slip through our net?)

Thank You all for coming out and sharing in this tradition.

FOR THE HERD!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
Great event as always!

Would love to see the speeches that were given if you have them saved.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
One of those unguilded Taurens was me actually... my alt. (Please don't stomp me /scared)

A few people asked if I wanted to come and witness some Shu'Halo RP/Lore and I jumped (although very nervously) at the chance. You hooves put on a great event! I was happy I got to witness it.

Good Fun! Thanks.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Dat tauren is a spah! Sappin' our events! (( <3 ))

It was awesome! I love Tauren lore and RP. It had an incredible story telling event and there was dancing and drinking and eatin'! I am glad that the thunderhoof keep traditions like these alive. Keep it up!

FOR THE HERD!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Anyone and everyone are always welcome to join in. Roll a tauren anytime and wsp a 'Hoofer and you can get a ride. We also tend to do those in Taurahe, so you don't have to have a translator to enjoy it.

There are few things I love more than a big group of tauren, so the more the merrier.

A quick recap of the event:

We met on the sacred grounds of Fargaze Mesa, dressed in the colors of the sun. Ravkha shared the story of how Earthmother of Shu'Halo creation lore placed her eyes in the heavens to watch over all, being the sun and the moon. (Hopefully he can post up the story here later).

Aovi then stepped forward and gave this speech:

It is good to be gathered with this Shu'Halo family, here on this sacred mesa, overlooking our fertile lands, under the warm and watching eye of the Earthmother, An'She.

We are indeed a family, joined from different tribes, from different lands, brought together most immediately by this clan, Thunderhoof Clan.

Larger than our family, this Thunderhoof Clan, are the Shu'Halo rallied under the banner of the Bloodhoof, led by Baine, and it is a dream realized by his father, Cairne.

All know of our history.

We faced the Centaur in a long war, and it looked as if Shu'Halo were at an end. Cairne met Thrall, and together they built an alliance, then a friendship. The sun again rose over the Shu'Halo as we settled Mulgore, built Thunder Bluff, and united the many tribes.

But not all were truly united.

Cairne was brought down by the treachery of Magatha. She waged war upon the Bloodhoof Banner, and many here lost friends and family in that war.

But the sun rose on the Shu'Halo yet again.

Led by Baine, and assisted by many who were moved by the honor of our people, we overcame the long night of blood

And met the dawn renewed.

Our history is a tale full of sadness and suffering, but our hearts are not filled with these things.

As a people, we know the sun rises again

Join me in this blessing, my family:

Earthmother

We thank you for An'She.

For the light and warmth it brings
For the lessons it teaches us
Reminding us each day and with every passing season: A new day will arrive

Help us greet it with hope and appreciation
For those who have gone before us
And those with us now.

And grant us the light to see all the good things that surround us each day
Edited by Aovi on 3/26/2013 5:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
Horns up!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Beautiful event it was^^
Here's a few video clips I put together...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux6QQ9kbr8U

For the HERD!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
nice video!
Reply Quote
Hey Thunderhooves...and other Hordies...

Did any of you see the article on WoW Insider today about the CRZ RP Event for the Kosharg festival out in Nagrand?

Sounded pretty epic...did anyone go?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Ahh, can't speak for the other hooves or the Horde, but I didn't even know it was going on! Sounds awesome.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
None that I know of but yes sounded epic!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]