[Bug?] As a horde doing an alliance scenario?

So I am a horde character and I think this game just bugged. I am in a scenario where Varian and Whisperwind are talking, and made us setup construction sites next to the Temple of the Crane.

I have never done this before, like ever.

Is this an alliance only scenario, or have I just never gotten this after over 100+ scenarios played?

Or, the server is bugged.

Is this normal?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Were you disguised?
By the scenario?
Edited by Anstyce on 3/25/2013 5:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Read the Patch Notes for 5.2.

There is only a bug if you're not being Shapeshifted to some Alliance Race.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Death Knight
It's not a bug. They made it so that it turns you into an Alliance race and lets you do the scenario.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Normal. We allys get to run with Vol'jin now too. Started with 5.2 I believe
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I get turned into a troll so I can kill saurok sometimes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
As mentioned, it came with 5.2.
Reply Quote
Oh, okay, this is new to 5.2 then. Really cool. I was wondering why. Just seemed weird. Reminded me of the Northrend xpac where in the Cavern of Times you turned into Alliance and did a heroic.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Yup, we added a change to allow players of both factions to experience the scenario and see what the other faction has been up to. The cool thing is, the new scenarios coming in 5.3 will also be available to players of both factions.

From 5.2 patch notes:

• Lorewalker Cho has two new tales to tell: Dagger in the Dark and A Little Patience. Though his mystical story-weaving magic (and well, the Dungeon Finder), both Alliance and Horde characters are now able run these previously faction-specific Scenarios.
  • Edited by Rygarius on 3/25/2013 5:48 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    There needs to be an expansion where the scenarios and dungeons turn us into something other than elves and humans. Every time one of my hordies land in the caverns of time or now this new scenario, I think:

"Ewww. Look at me!!!! I'm a monster. Bleh."
    Reply Quote
    There needs to be an expansion where the scenarios and dungeons turn us into something other than elves and humans. Every time one of my hordies land in the caverns of time or now this new scenario, I think:

"Ewww. Look at me!!!! I'm a monster. Bleh."

Agreed... or at least change the options of the character you get.

As a woman that plays some male characters it's pretty disturbing to go in there with my blood elf priest and find myself being a bald old man T_T
    Reply Quote
    MVP - World of Warcraft
    90 Human Paladin
    03/25/2013 05:50 PMPosted by Noot
    There needs to be an expansion where the scenarios and dungeons turn us into something other than elves and humans.

I was a Troll for Dagger in the Dark. It made me laugh. :)
    http://oi47.tinypic.com/15ph28i.jpg
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Priest
    Learn to read patch notes before asking questions.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Death Knight
    Were you disguised?
    By the scenario?

I'm curious to know this as well. If they aren't already, it would be a nice touch to see players have their race changed for a cross-faction scenario.

Edit: Seems Lull already answered that question. Good to know.
    Edited by Icesorrow on 3/25/2013 6:10 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    29 Gnome Rogue
    Not sure that's possible :P
    Reply Quote
    55 Undead Death Knight
    Yup, we added a change to allow players of both factions to experience the scenario and see what the other faction has been up to. The cool thing is, the new scenarios coming in 5.3 will also be available to players of both factions.

From [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8896363/#raids_dungeons"]5.2 patch notes[/url]:

• Lorewalker Cho has two new tales to tell: Dagger in the Dark and A Little Patience. Though his mystical story-weaving magic (and well, the Dungeon Finder), both Alliance and Horde characters are now able run these previously faction-specific Scenarios.

• Even though there's only one Alliance Scenario for the Horde to experience.

Go nuts, guys.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    I think the only "bug" is that this one never came up in random scenarios for me until last night, and talking to others it seems they've never seen it.

I would love to see a random-scenario system where it goes "ooh you haven't done this one yet, here, go nuts" ;)
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    It made me feel Dirty :/
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]