[Bug?] As a horde doing an alliance scenario?

58 Goblin Death Knight
The OP post made me laugh XD I can just seem him freaking out wondering what to do, did you even finish it? Lol XD
Reply Quote
11 Troll Hunter
I feel sorry for you alliance. That little patience scenario is brutally long. You can whiz past dagger in the dark.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
I feel sorry for you alliance. That little patience scenario is brutally long. You can whiz past dagger in the dark.

You do little patience enough you can get through it really fast. Im also persistant enough to do it with the labor tool alone because the night elf base was perma feared.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
There actually is a dialog bug in a little patience when the Kor'Kron ambushers refer to you by your undisguised race.

It's kinda silly to hear things like "Your king will die here, troll!" from an Orc.

You do little patience enough you can get through it really fast. Im also persistant enough to do it with the labor tool alone because the night elf base was perma feared.

If you beat up whatever is terrorizing the bases, they become unfeared and work faster for 3 mins.
Reply Quote
15 Draenei Hunter
Yup, we added a change to allow players of both factions to experience the scenario and see what the other faction has been up to. The cool thing is, the new scenarios coming in 5.3 will also be available to players of both factions.

From 5.2 patch notes:

Lorewalker Cho has two new tales to tell: Dagger in the Dark and A Little Patience. Though his mystical story-weaving magic (and well, the Dungeon Finder), both Alliance and Horde characters are now able run these previously faction-specific Scenarios.

I love it!
I am mostly an alliance player, but I have leveled horde characters to see their side of the story in certain quest.
Thanks for this, hope to see more "the other side of the story" adventures!
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Warlock

Actually, it only takes about 5 minutes to zip through the base building if everyone in the group knows what they're doing. And then a minute to splat the boss since you just ignore the swarms of suicidal horde soldiers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Now if only the loot was worth the scenario...can't wait for 5.3 scenario loots!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Yup, we added a change to allow players of both factions to experience the scenario and see what the other faction has been up to. The cool thing is, the new scenarios coming in 5.3 will also be available to players of both factions.

From [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8896363/#raids_dungeons"]5.2 patch notes[/url]:

• Lorewalker Cho has two new tales to tell: Dagger in the Dark and A Little Patience. Though his mystical story-weaving magic (and well, the Dungeon Finder), both Alliance and Horde characters are now able run these previously faction-specific Scenarios.

• I have mixed feelings about this, I actually prefer, when the Horde has the more of its own unique experience in comparison to Alliance. But that's just me.
    Edited by Eliil on 3/26/2013 10:23 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    91 Dwarf Hunter
    So I leveled up all my Horde alts, to get the Horde side of the story....for absolutely nothing...

Thanks for that...

The Dagger in the Dark is just the start of the the landfall story for the Horde.

Doing the Dominance Defensive dailies to do the full quest line is worth it.
    Reply Quote
    81 Gnome Death Knight
    If you beat up whatever is terrorizing the bases, they become unfeared and work faster for 3 mins.

I've seen it bug out once where they remained feared after killing the big baddie. That was when it was newish so that might have been fixed since then.

I have mixed feelings about this, I actually prefer, when the Horde has the more of its own unique experience in comparison to Alliance. But that's just me.

I have level capped Horde and Ally so I can see all of the game. This just makes it a little easier for pure Ally and Horde to do it. I don't personally understand why someone would limit themselves like that, especially the ones with five 90s, but whatever.

Personally I enjoyed doing Dagger in the Dark with my Ally guild. It let me show off all my arcane Horde lore. :)
    Reply Quote
    91 Dwarf Hunter
    I have mixed feelings about this, I actually prefer, when the Horde has the more of its own unique experience in comparison to Alliance. But that's just me.

One thing that did kind of bother me along this line of thinking was after I completed the Horde quest line from landfall I got the mount but my alliance 90 was still in the process of doing the quests but he got his completion mount also. Ii felt a little cheapened at first but now That I have completed the quests for both its ok.

The good thing though was when I purchased the epic mount from the horde vender I got the alliance version free also.
    Reply Quote
    91 Dwarf Hunter
    Is this Blizzard's way to test the waters for faction merging in the next expansion when we (theoretically) fight the Legion again? Did Wrathion do what he set out to do? =O

/tinfoil hat
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Rogue
    Do we have the option to blacklist these? I like that we have the option to play through them, but I log in my elf character so that I can play Alliance content as an elf character.
    Reply Quote
    100 Night Elf Druid
    I wasn't turned into anything. Suddenly I was helping the king of the alliance kill all those orcs and I'm just like, wait, how did I get here and why am I doing this...

If you're balance specced and shifted into astral form, you display as your normal race.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Warlock

No, they nerfed the heck out of it. Goes very fast now. I gave the workers a couple of hot dogs and they were done. So, like 4 minutes instead of over 10 minutes now.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Warlock

From [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8896363/#raids_dungeons"]5.2 patch notes[/url]:

• Lorewalker Cho has two new tales to tell: Dagger in the Dark and A Little Patience. Though his mystical story-weaving magic (and well, the Dungeon Finder), both Alliance and Horde characters are now able run these previously faction-specific Scenarios.

• The problem with this is: "Allow" and "are able to". More accurately... If you sign up for random Scenarios, there's a chance you will get these whether you want them or not. So what happens if the scenario pops and I don't want to do and leave group? Dungeon deserter debuff?

Want to give a "chance"? Then make me go to Loremaster Cho and do something to opt in.

The only pluses so far (from ally side):
    1) Vol'jin scenario is not to bad as ally. Get to hit a bunch of Orcs, and the Darkspear trolls aren't so bad these days.
    2) Blizz left the xfaction versions of Fall of Theramore out. Horde FoT was the last thing I did before I faction changed my sole high level Horde character. I do not ever want to do it again.

But of course we know where Blizz is going with this. After unending Horde belligerence starting with Cata, all of that is going to be blamed on Garrosh, with the "True Horde" taking none of the blame. Now as part of that sell, we get to "see things from the other side". What a load.

PS: 5.3 has three faction specific scenarios: 1 ally, 2 horde. Yep, more love for the horde, "balanced" by "allowing" us to play the other faction's scenarios. Ughh.
    Edited by Wreave on 3/26/2013 5:32 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    77 Tauren Paladin
    Well I bet that makes the people whining about Horde getting more new scenarios happy. Or they're trolls.
    Edited by Holycowmahn on 3/26/2013 11:34 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    100 Blood Elf Death Knight
    Depending on what faction you were on, you will be disguised as a human (if horde) for "A little patience" (Similar to that Stratholme dungeon back from Wrath of the Lich King, my horde friends? :)), and same thing goes for Alliance, for their disguise as the Troll race in the scenario "Dagger in the Dark". And no, this is not a glitch or a bug. :)
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]