[Bug?] As a horde doing an alliance scenario?

15 Human Priest
Yup, we added a change to allow players of both factions to experience the scenario and see what the other faction has been up to. The cool thing is, the new scenarios coming in 5.3 will also be available to players of both factions.

From [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8896363/#raids_dungeons"]5.2 patch notes[/url]:

• Lorewalker Cho has two new tales to tell: Dagger in the Dark and A Little Patience. Though his mystical story-weaving magic (and well, the Dungeon Finder), both Alliance and Horde characters are now able run these previously faction-specific Scenarios.

• I have mixed feelings about this, I actually prefer, when the Horde has the more of its own unique experience in comparison to Alliance. But that's just me.

I prefer the Alliance and Horde to have their own unique experiences as well. This change is just to gloss over the fact that in 5.3 the Alliance only gets 1 scenario while Horde gets 2 (the 4th scenario is available to both factions).
    It's easier for Blizzard to let both sides experience the same thing rather than actually put effort into maybe making the Alliance worth playing.
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Monk
    Loading into Dagger in the Dark, I wasn't sure what was happening. It was like a nightmare. I was a troll.. We were all trolls...On a quest to help another troll.. It was as though I had somehow been infected from prolonged contact to trolls over the years.

It is an experience I would not care to repeat.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    Hhhhh, I love A Little Patience. It's the most Warcraft thing I've played in all of WoW. :o
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    On this toon, I always get turned into a dusky-skinned human beauty. It's pretty awesome.
    Reply Quote
    10 Night Elf Hunter
    I get turned into a troll so I can kill saurok sometimes.
    Fortunately using leyara's locket, orb of sindorei, kelthya's locket and gnomeregan pride make that scenario tolerable. One can go its entire length without being a fugly troll.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    There needs to be an expansion where the scenarios and dungeons turn us into something other than elves and humans. Every time one of my hordies land in the caverns of time or now this new scenario, I think:

"Ewww. Look at me!!!! I'm a monster. Bleh."

Agreed... or at least change the options of the character you get.

As a woman that plays some male characters it's pretty disturbing to go in there with my blood elf priest and find myself being a bald old man T_T

I think the girl human you get for that is ugly. Me and sis go on about that every time we entered there.

First time:
    Why am I ugly?
    second time:
    hey sis it is ugly place
    Third time:
    My sister tells me it is the ugly place again
    forth time:
    OMGF this again? i hate this place it makes me ugly (I think I did type omfg wrong, I was that peeved)
    fifth time:
    Me and sis close to the same time ( within a second) say something about it is the ugly place
    sixth time:
    seventh time
    Are you kidding me!?!?!?
    eighth time:
    (lets not go there)

Dear blizzard, please do not make me do another dungeon where I have to lose my :-3 , thanks.
    Edited by Momoka on 3/28/2013 3:20 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    ...I wanted to trip Varian, help the orcs....it was very frustrating
    Reply Quote
    Do you get the "race change" buff in these types of scenarios? Haven't done one of these yet
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    Do you get the "race change" buff in these types of scenarios? Haven't done one of these yet

Yeah, a la some Caverns of Time instances. Makes it so players fit in the story/blend in. For the 5.1 scenarios going cross-faction, the shoehorn is that Lorewalker Cho is telling the players the story very immersively.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]