200 mount achievement

90 Gnome Warlock
Well finally Blizz has listened to the mount Collectors and is rewarding us for 200 mounts but there one catch the reward is CRAP

Mount Parade (New) Obtain 200 mounts. Reward: Armored Dragonhawk. 10 points. Account Wide.

Now this was only a green post on MMo so it means that it isn't set in stone but please we don't want another dragonhawk there poo mounts we already got one for 100 mounts it was cool when it was unique now there bland outdated and just lame give us something awesome or even just unique i'd like the Faerie Dragon tbh Perfect reward!!

Thoughts???
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
My thoughts? 200 mounts isn't impressive enough for a reward. 250 should be the threshold for a new reward.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
There needs to be a 200 and 250 so we all have something to chase all be it for a very short period of time lol.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Blizzard has never given x# of mount achieves good rewards. At least for pets there were some cool ones for collecting x# such as the celestial dragon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
For being handed it on patch day i'm fine with another mount I may possibly never use(although i'm 1 of 3 currently that would be getting it on my server). However as far as a 250 achievement and reward go.....why not?

While it may seem kinda creepy they added a perfect mount for an achievement few would get right away and would get more to work on it. That faerie dragon may look weird but that is the only unique model that color changes also and that pretty much guarantees it's spot as a blizzstore cashcow.
Edited by Wilhelm on 3/26/2013 9:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I honestly think they should get the 200 mount achievement an Albino Cloudserpent. That, my friends, would be incredibly more amazing.

However, select few individuals would say "No, people before Mists of Pandaria had 200 mounts. And if the few of those didn't buy Mists of Pandaria, would be unable to obtain the reputation to ride the mount."

HOWEVER, +90% of the mounts gained for this achievement are highly PvE/daily/instance intensive to quire. Yet, Blizzard decided it would be more logical to reward PvP Arena Gladiators an Armored Albino-ish cloudserpent. If you're a player who's main goal in this game is to PvP, and absolutely HATES doing any sort of dailys or doing anything outside of PvP might also have issues with their mount rewards. (I've yet to see one on my server)

Yes, the mount of this Expansion IS Cloudserpents. However, Cloudserpents are strictly PvE intensive, yet the PvPers got them.

I for one, will not be frantically gathering the few mounts left to get this Achievement any time soon. And yes, this achievement (in my opinion) deserves a GRAND mount due to the fact that every single mount on its own take work. Not to mention the Raid/Large Achievements/Group grinds take more work than one single individual could dish out. This mount should be the work of any single given mount times 200% (atleast).
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Yes.

A new model (armor) with updated textures is crap.
Shall we get another kite? Yes; Let's go with another completely irrelevant model that is actually "crap."

It's a cute throwback ot the 100 achievement with a different model for each faction.
It's not a lazy reskin either; Actually look at the thing.

You people will never be satisfied unless the thing shoots freakin' lazers.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

I would be 1000% okay with Epicus Maximus being a mount.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
04/01/2013 07:06 AMPosted by Problim

I would be 1000% okay with Epicus Maximus being a mount.

I don't want to say what I'd do if it became a mount.

I'd probably get a vacation.

hehe.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I think the armored dragonhawk looks bad. I'm disappointed a lot. What do you wanna do? You think they'll redo a new model for us? nahhhh
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Would getting something other than another dragonhawk be nice? sure. But for an achievement that is being given to me and atleast 4 other people on my server day one it's nice that we actually get a somewhat decent looking mount.

What some don't seem to understand is that this is the only, ONLY updated model dragonhawk in the game and it's being given to mount collectors. Something else would be nice but having the only updated MoP model dragonhawk in the game has it's own thing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Dragonhawk + 450% flying would be too much to ask for, but man oh man, what I wouldn't give for faster flying, especially while Warbringer hunting and you just happen to be on the opposite end of Pandaria with your hearth on CD :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
SWC
A new model (armor) with updated textures is crap.
Shall we get another kite? Yes; Let's go with another completely irrelevant model that is actually "crap."

It's a cute throwback ot the 100 achievement with a different model for each faction.
It's not a lazy reskin either; Actually look at the thing.

It's not crap, it's just a lame model. It was lame for 100 and it's even worse that for a harder achievement we get practically the same thing. The kite was worse, but not by much.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It's not crap

04/03/2013 08:45 AMPosted by Tuesdays
it's just a lame

Seems like a silly thing to say but each to their own i guess, will agree on the rest of what you said though. Dragonhawk for the 100 was a letdown, kite for 150 was a letdown and now again maybe its just time we gave up and accepted that our mount collecting achievements will forever be 50-100 mounts behind the highest collectors and when they do finally come they will always be crap rewards.

Such a shame that most of the best new unique models end up on the Blizzard store or other things that are tied to our subscriptions/money while they put almost no effort into collecting rewards, even if they used some of the popular/unused models that are already in the game files we would be happier and that's even less effort for them but they seem determined to make mount collectors as unhappy as possible lol
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
The 200 mount reward should not be a recycled mount with just armor added.

The 200 mount reward should be something worth having; something worth using over the other 200 mounts we have.

Please Blizzard, don't give us another Dragonhawk. Give us something unique.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/03/2013 10:39 AMPosted by Varsil

Give us something unique.

Would really like to understand the thought process behind calling the mount recycled or not unique, have you seen it? There is not a single other dragonhawk in the game that looks anything like the new ones as far as looks go, mount collectors get the only updated dragonhawk in the game and somehow it's not unique or it's considered recycled?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/03/2013 02:29 PMPosted by Wilhelm

Give us something unique.

Would really like to understand the thought process behind calling the mount recycled or not unique, have you seen it? There is not a single other dragonhawk in the game that looks anything like the new ones as far as looks go, mount collectors get the only updated dragonhawk in the game and somehow it's not unique or it's considered recycled?

Its the idea, that is recycled. But using that same logic, a green firehawk would be as well.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
On one hand I agree that an armored Dragonhawk isn't ENTIRELY a recycled skin, thanks to it's armor. On the other hand there is the fact that I felt utterly and completely cheated upon receipt of my FIRST Dragonhawk "reward". Simply stated, they really suck. I mean, c'mon. Does that look like a mount you would be proud to show up for a raid on? It screams "I'm a Badass" nearly as loudly as "The Celestial Steed". A Dragonhawk mount, armored or not, is the World of Warcraft equivalent to arriving at your girlfriends' house for a date in your mom's mini-van. With your Mom driving. So how 'bout it Blizz? Maybe something cool this time? Perhaps a Pterodactyl in keeping with your new dinosaur theme, or a Great Glass Elevator, or just a pair of red booties and a cape allowing your character to fly like Superman!!! The possibilities are endless and almost all of them beat the crap out of another Dragonhawk.
Edited by Tentpegs on 5/2/2013 9:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I don't like. By the time you reach 200 mounts you've gotten so many rare drop or TCG mounts I'd probably just use it for like a day or so and then use my Feldrake or Invincible or whatever extremely rare flying mount I liked showing off before receiving it.

There's nothing special about it, it's like the War Rated Mounts. Take normal mount, add spikes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

How about a mount that's actually Yogg Saron, that way it can shoot lazers that kill critters when you press [Spacebar]

Fitting reward for wasting the gold / time required to collect 200+ mounts
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]