BMAH Purchases : What have you bought?

90 Human Priest
Hi.

Before I say anything else: Thunderlord is an amazing server and regardless of the population I will probably never leave. With that established, I'd like to talk about one of the better perks of playing on a small server: the Black Market Auction House. At first, I hated the idea of being able to purchase old gear that had been previously taken out of the game (tier 3). The prestige of acquiring said items back in 2006 has been seemingly replaced with a combination of luck and wealth. Any one of these items can show up, be it a few days, months or even years (hence luck). The additional requirement is enough gold to bid on these items.

Now, being an avid fan of Vanilla WoW and an all around has-been, I began collecting tier 3 sets on my two level 90 characters for the nostalgia factor.

Since the Launch of Mists of Pandaria, I've spent 921,000g at the Black Market Auction House. Between mounts, toys and tier gear, I've come to enjoy blowing obscene amounts of gold simply because there is nothing else in the game I really want.

Below is an in-progress list of the items I've acquired through the Black Market Auction House.

Total Spent : 921,000g (May 26th, 2013)

Mimiron's Head : 346k
Blood-Soaked Invitation : 70k (I AM A MORON)
Reins of the Drake of the North Wind : 26k
Goblin Weather Machine - Prototype 01-B : 50k
Riding Turtle : 60k
Hippogryph Hatchling : 24k

On my Mage, Empower
Plagueheart Robe : 20k
Plagueheart Circlet : 40k
Plagueheart Gloves : 10k
Plagueheart Belt : 10k
Plagueheart Sandals : 10k

Frostfire Gloves : 15k
Frostfire Belt : 10k
Frostfire Sandals : 10k
Frostfire Leggings : 10k
Frostfire Circlet : 10k
Frostfire Shoulderpads : 40k

Robe of Faith : 20k
Circlet of Faith : 10k
Belt of Faith : 10k

On my Monk, Emp
Bonescythe Helmet : 10k
Bonescythe Pauldrons : 15k
Bonescythe Gauntlets : 10k
Bonescythe Waistguard : 10k
Bonescythe Legplates : 10k

Dreamwalker Headpiece : 15k
Dreamwalker Tunic : 10k
Dreamwalker Girdle : 10k
Dreamwalker Handguards : 10k
Dreamwalker Legguards : 10k
Dreamwalker Boots : 10k

I like to think my list is fairly impressive at this time. I still need some key pieces to finish my sets, and hopefully those will show up in the next year.

Shout-out to Spiritus <3 for not bid-warring me on the first Mimiron's Head, as he was able to buy one two weeks later for only 220k. This was the one item in the game I really wanted. Additional shout-out to my guildmates for helping me camp some of these items late at night.

What notable purchases have you guys made?
Edited by Emptronic on 5/26/2013 12:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
96 Goblin Rogue
dont think any of us have 770k gold to spend on bmah
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
dont think any of us have 770k gold to spend on bmah

There are at least five alliance dudes with over a million gold.

There has to be at least one horde who plays the AH effectively O_o
Reply Quote
96 Goblin Rogue
horde side is aweful lol to let you know this server is pretty one sided
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Let's see.

my Brawler invitation only cost me 1.5k

Redemption shoulders 40k~ I think by the end.
Redemption Legs i think 20k
Redemption Helm was 15k~

I forget the exact numbers, but I'm probably around 100k spent. As for who controls the horde auction house there are only 2-3 people that do it for big golds, and I'm one of them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I think I waited about a week on picking up my Brawler's Guild invite (gave the rare farming a shot, but they were jerks) and got it for 5k. Managed to pick up Rank 7 twice and turned the Brawler's Passes into 15k
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I totally can't handle the thought of spending 10k or more on !@#$ that I once had, and vendored.
mounts, I would spend on, but I'm a fan of waiting till the people with the huge gold have it so that they don't outbid me.

1200g for my brawlers invite.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
This thread makes me almost wish I was still on Tlord. Mim's head almost maxed on Sargeras. A Plagued Proto showed up and maxed within 4 hours.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Got my equipped neck for 30k. Think that might be my only Bmah purchase. So 30k.

I know of at least 2 people gold capped on one toon, not sure if they have hit the double cap yet. Horde side is too much work to really make huge amount of gold on. Even doing raiding supplies like gems chants you can only make about ten k on a good Tuesday.

As well as the scribe market being dominated completely by a single person.

In total I've spent 350k this X-pac.

Reforge mount-100k
Tabard of the Lightbringer - 50k
Getting hustled by Nitewing - 15k
Crane Deck- 10k
Bmah neck - 30k
Assorted Mnts - 15k
Serpent Deck - 15k
The rest going to assorted mats, alt gear, transmogs, and other shenanigans.
I'm at 400k profit for the x-pac, so I'm only netting 50k atm.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hm...I'd say 25k is a good tuesday for me.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Man making me feel poor
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I only bought a blood soaked invitation for 1600G. Haven't really been interested in anything else. :D
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Just a Blood-Soaked invitation (for a little over 1k) and a belt for 50k or something.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Just a blood soaked inv for me at about 1k. I honestly haven't seen much else I could afford on the BMAH. As for the horde AH players there's one !@#$%^- that dominates the glyph market named Icarryscribe. I always make sure that I buy the next cheapest other than his.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Meh from what I can tell he just plays for the AH. So he has the time and skills to push anyone else out of the market.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Meh from what I can tell he just plays for the AH. So he has the time and skills to push anyone else out of the market.

We've got a guy destroying his prices now. I don't personally have inscription or I'd do it myself.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
03/29/2013 10:11 PMPosted by Iltareh

We've got a guy destroying his prices now. I don't personally have inscription or I'd do it myself.

I've noticed. Amunaetor right? He's putting up a damn good fight.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Still love Semirthemage forking over 90k+ for Refreshing Abalone Girdle, intending to just drive the bid up.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Still love Semirthemage forking over 90k+ for Refreshing Abalone Girdle, intending to just drive the bid up.

Fantastic.

I bought the Mage T3 gloves and boots intending to get the whole set. But since Emp decided he needs t3 on every toon he has, I basically wasted 20k. I'm not about to fight with someone over the !@#$.
Edited by Methusula on 3/31/2013 8:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Amaunerator use to be the big time scribe on the server before taking an extended break awhile ago. He is a cool guy, but plays at a high level. Icarryscribe basically filled in the gap in a big way when amaun stopped playing. Icarry however is a non raider as far as I know. Didn't hit level cap till like 2 months after the xpac. Just a big time time AH boss.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]