BMAH Purchases : What have you bought?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
45k more for 535 bracers.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Still love Semirthemage forking over 90k+ for Refreshing Abalone Girdle, intending to just drive the bid up.

So awesome.

I bought the Mage T3 gloves and boots intending to get the whole set. But since Emp decided he needs t3 on every toon he has, I basically wasted 20k. I'm not about to fight with someone over the !@#$.

I soz =(

BUT, I'm not collecting t3 plate yet because I know several people going for war and pally sets.

45k more for 535 bracers.

Leet purchase.
Edited by Emptronic on 4/1/2013 1:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Just noticed I am mentioned on here. Its always interesting to see the fun comments directed towards what I do.

Yes, Amaunerator has and is going forward with crashing market prices down. I am fine with that and don't hold that against him, it just adds another factor to the market which I have fun with. More power to him for the competition :).

As Tsokin guessed, I am not a hardcore player by any means, I work an average of 50-60 hours a week, have a life and am usually pretty busy with events and projects. I am able to run WoW through a tablet/phone and have addons and setup customized so can glance at and with a few taps manage everything for my auctions with next to no time investment.

Since I don't have a ton of consecutive time to dedicate to playing games, I enjoy being able to play the market here since it just takes a moment, and you can track alot of interesting factors for what happens in game and how it affects different markets. Boring to most I am sure, but to each their own. I wish I had the time to play WoW or other games all day like Amaunerator does so I could raid and such to enjoy that aspect of the game, but not that lucky.

Side note, I doubt anyone here remembers this, but I was the one of the first people to do the glyphing on Thunderlord in this manner, then after a year and a half or so I took at break from Wow. I started up again just prior to this Xpac.

Have fun in game folks :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
BHAH
all S12 offset gear for my priest. 100k

Talon of Whateverthefck mount. 350k or something. Buying it made someone emo I know that from all the hate /w's I got.

Oh yeah, I'm dumb too. Something like 60-ish K for a brawlers guild invite.
Edited by Dopeknight on 4/11/2013 9:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
@Icarryscribe

As far as I am concerned you guys both do god's work in the scribe market. On the low pop faction of an already low pop server the ability to be able to buy almost any glyph anytime is really convenient for us Alt-lovers. While I was cringing paying 300g a glyph, it is the price of convenience. I did have a nice smirk picking up every single pally glyph last week with a total cost under 800g.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
@icarryscribe

Anybody can get TSM and macro mouse-wheel to spam post.

Looking at your Post Activity Heat Map on TUJ, it looks like you play about 6 hours a day at the very minimum. I would call that hardcore, even if its sitting at the AH clicking "Post Auction"

https://theunderminejournal.com/seller.php?realm=H-Thunderlord&seller=Icarryscribe
Reply Quote
@ Emptronic

This is indeed true, anyone who spends a moment can configure TSM to do this. I don't use only TSM however, I use a number of addons to simplify the process of auctions, inventory tracking and management, as well as UI customization and special windows OS settings to allow the playing through a tablet with much greater ease, but this is irrelevant and I am unsure why you seem to feel the need to use this as some sort of slight against how I play.

As for TUJ, yes, you can see the posting history, but you cannot judge time frames by it at all as it checks once an hour for changes to the auction house. So if I make a number of changes that takes about two minutes every hour, it can look like I play 24 hours straight. Add into this that it very frequently splits the capture between hours, so your moment of posting multiple items can then span two hours of reports. So you guess of 6 hours is meaningless, its about 35 minutes to a little over an hour typically throughout the day.

Unsure why you obviously feel so upset and hostile towards me there, but hopefully this clears up your unfounded assumptions. :)

@Tsokin - Thank you for your kind words, and enjoy the glyphs.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I'm being "hostile" by calling you hardcore?

Some people play six hours a day (you), some don't.

How is that being hostile lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm kinda bummed thinking about all the goodies/paladin gear I've missed out on the past couple months in the BMAH :/

Least I got my Riding Turtle (that Emp graciously didn't bid-war me with) and Hippogryph Hatchling.
Edited by Ishkandir on 4/12/2013 10:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
@ Emptronic

This is indeed true, anyone who spends a moment can configure TSM to do this. I don't use only TSM however, I use a number of addons to simplify the process of auctions, inventory tracking and management, as well as UI customization and special windows OS settings to allow the playing through a tablet with much greater ease, but this is irrelevant and I am unsure why you seem to feel the need to use this as some sort of slight against how I play.

As for TUJ, yes, you can see the posting history, but you cannot judge time frames by it at all as it checks once an hour for changes to the auction house. So if I make a number of changes that takes about two minutes every hour, it can look like I play 24 hours straight. Add into this that it very frequently splits the capture between hours, so your moment of posting multiple items can then span two hours of reports. So you guess of 6 hours is meaningless, its about 35 minutes to a little over an hour typically throughout the day.

Unsure why you obviously feel so upset and hostile towards me there, but hopefully this clears up your unfounded assumptions. :)

It may take you 35 minutes or whatever to post auctions, but unless they are coming out of thin air, you have to come up with them somewhere. They aren't all just reposts of things you purchased at a lower cost.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
yes, Icarryscribe is actually rarely there. I send hate /whispers all the time to no avail....

Jk-I heart him. Platonically of course.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
And I'll make any glyph for 10g each. SCREW ANALULATOR AND ICARRYSPAMAH.

jk- I hate making glyphs.
Reply Quote
SCREW ANALULATOR AND ICARRYSPAMAH.

At least Icarry doesn't BOT unlike some people
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
SCREW ANALULATOR AND ICARRYSPAMAH.

At least Icarry doesn't BOT unlike some people

That you know of.
Reply Quote
@ Emptronic

It may take you 35 minutes or whatever to post auctions, but unless they are coming out of thin air, you have to come up with them somewhere. They aren't all just reposts of things you purchased at a lower cost.

On average about 55% of my auctions are re-selling of purchased lower priced glyphs (six month average), the rest are crafted. As anyone who uses TSM and lilsparkys knows, restocking your product takes all of one click to get the list of materials, then just a click to craft each set. You can craft ~ 30 glyphs in a minute, so usual resupply takes all of 1-2 minutes a day typically. The milling of herbs is the biggest pain, but with a couple addons and keyboard gaming software macros its still relatively fast and easy, usually do this once a week or so depending on how low I am on stock, and that takes about 10 minutes or so.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Botting, don't think so. maxing out the 200 transaction limit on my phone while at work, priceless.

Like ICS said, you dont' need to spend hours and hours in game to optimize your AHing, or break TOS.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Er EULA
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Botting, don't think so. maxing out the 200 transaction limit on my phone while at work, priceless.

Like ICS said, you dont' need to spend hours and hours in game to optimize your AHing, or break TOS.

Yeah whatever cheater. Maybe next time you follow me ill just drown you in the valley of spirits as opposed to leaving you in ragefire
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Damn junior, I guess that worked. Learn to control your emtions.

actually coming back to the computer and seeing my guy in ragefire made me lol.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
So is this Dopeknight guy a new transfer? In my eight years here I've never seen or heard of this dude.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]