Disc is dead ; ; but holy rocks!!

90 Blood Elf Priest
Disc

"inner focus" just doesn't help these days against stunners
you can only heal "yourself" under pressure
bubbles does not buy u enough time, it "breaks" too fast against burst damage
disc is "too slow" to heal aoe damage from big burst
disc is "no longer" the arena or rbg spec. Holy can cover both just fine.
mastery sucks to high heaven, crit is the way to go even if it's based on chance
pain suppression is weaker than guardian spirit, why roll "disc"
A "well placed" fear or stun/silence will waste your power word: barrier
why "take" angelic bulwark when bubbles break so fast?
why "take" angelic bulwark when it procs @ 30% health opened for finishing moves of other classes?
disc "relies" too heavily on flash heal usage vulnerable to crowd controls.
Penance is garbage even with a 9 sec cd does !@#$ty heals and can be easily interrupted
Penance should be 7 sec cd that does 45k-50k per ball not 30k -37k with grace.

Holy has a good amount of instants that requires the spec to not use flash heals ever
I tried mastery tho good but "echo of light" not so reliant against burst damage so i tried forging crit and my serenity crit every 5 out of 7 clicks and now i'm loving it. my renew crits more my circle of healing crits more so i'm sold on crits.
Holy is a master healer of aoe damage against big burst.
Chakras have realitively low cds in 5.2 which makes switching simplified
Chastice is too useful in arena and rbg
solace heals for over 100k heals under chastise mode with only a 10 sec cd but does 40kish in serenity mode.
holy isn't as squishy as most will think. Only a select few will know

disc is just ideal for arena but no one wants a disc for rbg but the smart ones look for holy!!

So to me disc is dead but Holy rocks!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Did you just rage all over you pants?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
no one wants a disc for rbg but the smart ones look for holy!!

Free uninterruptible heals after a holy priest dies who wouldn't want that?

"inner focus" just doesn't help these days against stunners
you can only heal "yourself" under pressure

God forbid you use binding heal or use addons to see if the other team as stuns up for you.

disc is "too slow" to heal aoe damage from big burst

Yes because pillar hugging while stacking SS on the group ( cant be dispelled soaking up alot of burst) is def not gonna put your team ahead on heals.

mastery sucks to high heaven, crit is the way to go even if it's based on chance
pain suppression is weaker than guardian spirit, why roll "disc"

Pain sub who would have thought to use that while in a stun... Hey you can inner focus penance your self right back up or FH right back up after being stunned....

A "well placed" fear or stun/silence will waste your power word: barrier
why "take" angelic bulwark when bubbles break so fast?

god forbid you pick up spectral guise so you can have a chance to drop target/focus on you/ Or better yet desperate prayer for 30% heal that can crit.

You just dont know how to play disc. If you wanna play holy go for it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
PS not a single holy 3's team is above 1800 rating while 16 teams with a disc over 2k.

It may have a higher learning curve but disc is not exactly bad in pvp now
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
@ loratabb

line 1. free uninteruptable heals? in your wildest dreams. inner focus can be interuptted. to to reply that holy priest is squishy in pvp nonsense. optimize your stats correctly and watch holy shine. instants are far better than absorbs.

line 2. binding heal will run u oom and like flash heals so susceptable to stuns/silences and add on won't help. get like 2 or more peeps on u and u won't cast !@#$.

line 3. mastery nerf puts power word shield and spirit shell per cast of fh to about 87kish absorbs. with classes critting over 100k damage if you're lucky u get 1.5 sec maybe less.

line 4. penance does %^-*ty heals and even if u can get a heal out with inner focus u still will get locked out.

line 5. disc is broken slowed and bubbles hardly help. i use to love disc but the mechanics for the spec is lacking and yes i will play holy. Holy Rocks!!! i'm seeing alot of people pick up bulwark am i missing something?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
doh. holy got their focused will passive that they should of had long ago. And people are not so familiar with holy pvping. disc was always the spec to go and if u had read what i wrote above about disc is the i deal choice for arena but for rbg hell no! As of 5.2 holy can do arena just fine with better heals and better CCs. People are used to disc... hello?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Oh and 1 more thing:

the only thing i like about disc is the offensive style attonement damage/healing. it can really dish out some pressure all while healing your mate but thats it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Let us know when you hit 2200 as holy.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
line 1. free uninteruptable heals? in your wildest dreams. inner focus can be interuptted. to to reply that holy priest is squishy in pvp nonsense. optimize your stats correctly and watch holy shine. instants are far better than absorbs.

When a holy priest dies in there spirit is allowed to free cast tis why RBG's love them

03/26/2013 12:02 AMPosted by Glaius
line 2. binding heal will run u oom and like flash heals so susceptable to stuns/silences and add on won't help. get like 2 or more peeps on u and u won't cast !@#$.

What healer doesnt go oom? Learn to juke cast and get interrupt/stun bars yes knowing when a int is down will tell you when you can cast or not. Its already hard to int flash heal and silences are mostly saved for bursting periods

line 4. penance does %^-*ty heals and even if u can get a heal out with inner focus u still will get locked out.

you run the risk of getting locked out as any caster playing holy will not change this.

Hey play what you like. No disc is not bad at pvp and few if any will take holy into arena. If you want to do RBG's and just go holy.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest

Yeah. I couldn't even read all that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
oh i forgot to mention circle of healing in my rotation as holy.

@loratabb. are u serious? stop repliing, disc cd only reduces damage a good rogue will keep u from casting anything and if a war joins u will be locked out completely (equal gear war rogue and priest with optimize stats) guardian spirit buys me more time then pain suppression will ever do cause u will still see your hp drop from poisons and bleeds. And like i said only a select handful will know that HOLY rocks in pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I don't like seeing people say that Disc is dead. I see alot of good Disc priests out there playing. I levelled this character through battlegrounds in a disc spec and absolutely adored Disc up until MoP came out. I was pretty upset about what happened to the spec in 5.1 and since I enjoy healing and didn't want to roll shadow, I gave Holy a try and played it throughout 5.1 to learn the spec.

I think any healing class in the hands of a competent and skilled player will shine above the mediocre masses.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Disc is fine.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Disc is completely viable, if you are a competent player.

Perhaps it's the latter part of the sentence you're having trouble with most.
Reply Quote
I'm not quite sure how your RBGs go, but one could argue that if your team is good enough (even as a Holy priest) you'll never be dead. In most RBGs I die between 1-3 times. Therefore, it's not a huge benefit worth counting on.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I'm not quite sure how your RBGs go, but one could argue that if your team is good enough (even as a Holy priest) you'll never be dead. In most RBGs I die between 1-3 times. Therefore, it's not a huge benefit worth counting on.

Assuming you're talking about the redemption glyph... I actually don't use it much anymore but I'd like to pose this perspective...

SoR glyph gets more useful/makes a bigger difference towards helping your team win on the closer fought battles... when your team is winning and you aren't dying, you won't get much benefit out of it... but so what... you're winning.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My fingers ache from all the air quotes while reading that OP.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Paladin
disc is amazing right now
Reply Quote
14 Orc Rogue
Discs niche is bubbles/absorbs, albeit harder to play than Holy it is most definitely the more viable spec right now, buffing heal meters does nothing for your team only your e-peen.

Holys throughput is probably at the bottom of the ladder in comparison to rsham/rdruid, fact is their niche is more aoe healing/throughput heals than bubbles, that of which rshams/rdruids/mw do alot better. Nevermind the fact their single best cooldowns only procs once they are dead, which is absolutely no benefit to your team.

Players will play what they want, but don't be posting misinformed information. Disc is simply alot stronger than Holy right now, probably always will be.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

I am sorry but this made my day... have been laughing internally ever since I read it.

Now to the OP, you are entitled to your opinion, and I do not agree or disagree because I am not good enough (or pretend to be) but I think it is still viable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]