Disc is dead ; ; but holy rocks!!

90 Undead Priest
Look up Bigbossman on EU servers. He made 2200 last season as holy. Also, holy is much stronger this season with the change to focused will, and making Guardian Spirit while stunned baseline. Personally I love holy (no I don't play anywhere near the 2200 level), but I had to give it up because Guardian Spirit is bugged.

Randomly Guardian Spirit fails to proc it's life saving effect.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6413023639
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
This entire thread smells like some self-help confirmation book. Thanks for sharing why you're terrible at discipline and got a lucky break as holy. You are truly awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Nevermind the fact their single best cooldowns only procs once they are dead, which is absolutely no benefit to your team.

Holy's single best cooldown is Divine Hymn while in Blue Chakra.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
don't go around assuming people are bad with a spec when they are just stating their opinion. For those of u who are playing disc u are being cheated by blizzard this patch and yet u are too clueless to know. I rather have raw stronger heals and more instants from the holy tree vs shield absorbs and slow lacking hard cast heals of what the disc tree offers. TOO many stuns in today's pvp to contend with. Each class brings 3 to the table and rogues have 5 and rogues have gotten more lethal from back in those days.

I've always liked disc and have done so since the day i started playing wow.

thank you to the above who said i am entitle to my own opinion, too many airheads who like to criticize u can't even share a view point in a forum. I know most of u love your disc spec but it has it's flaws so don't sell your self cheap and say the spec is great cause by all means it's not. How long was prayer of mending and penance introduce into the game? when was the last time penance got a make over or had it's base line heals increase? why must all priest get mending heals from a glyph. it's their job to buff up old spells but instead they go buff damage and nerf pvp power for healing and now come back and say healers need some pvp power. mind control on a talent grid? not right. psyfiend can't fear twice on same targets with 50k hp. not cool Holy nova on a glyph? what for? so many things are not right about the priest class and yet all disc players get happy after a 2nd patch into an expansion, what such morons. I say go get a change of atmosphere and try a different approach and try something different.

And uhm.. NO Healing class can top a holy priest in rbg. u are seriously stupid if u think so.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
If you're spamming flash heal as disc, you're doing it wrong.

I seriously lol @ priests that still have not figured out how to play disc.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
@Glaius - You aren't going to earn any favor from fellow priests by calling them stupid morons because they play Disc. You're just coming across as an angry troll now. Disc is just as viable as Holy, it is just a totally different healing perspective. Holy fills bars up, Disc prevents them from going down. Both are good in my mind. Competent Disc Priests are doing very well. No need to flame or name call them for playing the game the way they want, it's their $15, leave them alone to play the spec they want.

What's with the attitude? Did you go into an RBG and top the meters and then decide to rub your numbers into all the Discs out there? I really want to understand why you are so belligerent about this.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
thank you to the above who said i am entitle to my own opinion, too many airheads who like to criticize u can't even share a view point in a forum. I know most of u love your disc spec but it has it's flaws so don't sell your self cheap and say the spec is great cause by all means it's not.

So people can have an opinion only if they agree with you?

when was the last time penance got a make over or had it's base line heals increase

Penance just got huge buffs: 20% more healing and benefits from Evangelism (another 20%) when used offensively. Prayer of Mending was introduced in Burning Crusade (I'm going to assume that wasn't rhetorical) it's a great spell. As shadow it makes up a large percentege of my healing and I can keep my team up fairly well without dropping shadowform, and that's with the 20% nerf. For healers I'm sure it's plenty of healing for what it is.

03/27/2013 08:56 AMPosted by Glaius
why must all priest get mending heals from a glyph.

I don't know what you mean.

it's their job to buff up old spells but instead they go buff damage and nerf pvp power for healing and now come back and say healers need some pvp power. mind control on a talent grid? not right. psyfiend can't fear twice on same targets with 50k hp. not cool Holy nova on a glyph? what for? so many things are not right about the priest class and yet all disc players get happy after a 2nd patch into an expansion, what such morons. I say go get a change of atmosphere and try a different approach and try something different.

This does nothing for your argument that holy>disc. You are just ranting about Blizzards development decisions, consider taking it out.

Overall your posts would be taken more seriously if you attempted to utilize a complete thought process, used a spell check and proper capitalization/punctuation.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Personally, I love Mastery as Holy. I'm running about 24% right now with Echo of Light and it's freaking amazing.

My Holy priest is more or less unkillable by anything less than 3 very good dps. It takes 4 average dps and even then...it'll be awhile as they work through my cooldowns.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
@ flaxxen. i like your response but u should really read other peoples post before u think i'm the one name crawling. i share an opinion and it gets criticize, why can't these forums be i agree or i disagree? it's full of rediculous criticism or smartasses that judge by a rating to agree with u. did we win trade? did we cheat or did we really try hard? i will never know. why do u think blizzard is offering elite weapons this patch? because they know in rbg and arena that elite weapon makes a whole big difference? the 1800s and 1900s are struggling because, i do agree that sometimes the group is incompetent but there are groups that try really hard and almost always lose to people who have elite gears. it's like someone with a wooden sword vs a blade!! My server may not be that great in rbg or arena but there are still some good players in every server. Wait till everyone have access to elite gears than those who were having the advantage in rbg will realize how awful and carrried they had it. I'm a nice person but i can't stand narrow minded people.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
why can't these forums be i agree or i disagree

What's the point of just agreeing or disagreeing? Intellectual argument and logical debate is how ideas are created and solutions are made. Posting "I disagree" and leaving it at that is pointless; you need to know why they disagree and, if they bring up a good point, what you can do to improve your idea.

it's full of rediculous criticism or smartasses that judge by a rating to agree with u. did we win trade? did we cheat or did we really try hard? i will never know.

You just insinuated that people with high rating win traded or cheated to get there. I'm sorry, but who is guilty of "rediculous" criticism now?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
03/28/2013 08:20 AMPosted by Glaius
@ flaxxen. i like your response but u should really read other peoples post before u think i'm the one name crawling.

Trust me. I double checked that it was you calling people morons before I posted. So, just stop with your rhetoric.

You chastised Disc's by saying:

"yet u are too clueless to know"
" yet all disc players get happy after a 2nd patch into an expansion, what such morons"
"u are seriously stupid"

So yah, you were name crawling, lol :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
perhaps but i stand by my words and i care not if others don't have the same viewpoint, in fact don't believe me. Go play your disc and get locked up to death by stuns fears and silences.
Any sane melee will shut your spec down while their casters and ranges blow u up all while seeing your measly 89k bubble get romproasted through by dots bleeds and poison.

Only airheads play disc this patch. Get a clue they nerf your mastery which mean they nerfed your shields.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
That is why there are no holy priest is in the 2k rating unlike the countless disc priests that have make i to 2k and up.

This guy is 2244 currently:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/khadgar/Bigbossman/advanced

I don't think disc is bad; I think holy is competitive, but underplayed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
>Disc is dead
i don't mean to green text here, but Disc being dead would explain why it would be the top healing spec for Arena's right now. Totally.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
hai guiz im going to say holy is better than disc because they put out more healing done in rbg charts.

oh wait blizz still hasnt decided to count absorbs in charts and healing done number is all that matters right?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
perhaps but i stand by my words and i care not if others don't have the same viewpoint, in fact don't believe me. Go play your disc and get locked up to death by stuns fears and silences.
Any sane melee will shut your spec down while their casters and ranges blow u up all while seeing your measly 89k bubble get romproasted through by dots bleeds and poison.

Only airheads play disc this patch. Get a clue they nerf your mastery which mean they nerfed your shields.

Why are you here arguing if you don't care about other people's viewpoints? Your actions in this thread tell me otherwise. Why bother posting that "Disc is bad" if you don't even play it? You think you have all the answers to Disc's problems, when in fact, they don't have any problems. What is clear, however, is that you have no idea how to play Disc. You suck as Disc, so everyone else must suck at it too, right? Spare me from more of your drivel.

Oh, and by the way, I've been playing Holy since MoP came out, so your entire response to me is inconsequential since I don't play Disc.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
To the above who said guardian spirit was bugged. He is stupid, if an attackers damage excedes the health return from guardian spirit then it will not trigger. it's working as intended so if u had shield your mate after tossing a guardian it will always trigger the health gain (bigger burst will break the effect) which is why a shield is always recommended.

guardian spirit has a 60% increased healing not only for the priest but for other healers too that alone makes it better than pain suppression. It's alot painless running holy against CC than it will be for disc. You will learn in due time. LOL
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I know all healers can get killed by a chain of CCs but my point is: It's alot more bareable/easier to deal with as holy then it is as disc. So to loratabb no i don't have it that bad against CCs running holy. Your point is invalid.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]