Patch 5.3?

90 Blood Elf Mage
Not gonna just jump the gun so its more of a question than a statement. I thought Patch 5.3 was not gonna be the patch of Siege of Orgrimmar. And people are getting so much information about the next patch of whats going to happen that's what it sounds like is going to happen. So if someone can point me in the right way or link this site where people are getting this information about Vol'jin openly rebelling against Garrosh and leading a alliance force and tri spec and stuff like it that would be great and Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
www.google.com
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Not gonna just jump the gun so its more of a question than a statement. I thought Patch 5.3 was not gonna be the patch of Siege of Orgrimmar. And people are getting so much information about the next patch of whats going to happen that's what it sounds like is going to happen. So if someone can point me in the right way or link this site where people are getting this information about Vol'jin openly rebelling against Garrosh and leading a alliance force and tri spec and stuff like it that would be great and Thanks!

Vol'jin openly rebelling against Garrosh and leading a alliance force

What.

The.

Hell.

Garrosh is a HORDE problem. Is it really too much to ask for faction-specific content, Blizz?

Oh, right. Why make high-quality content when you can just shell out the cheapo stuff and make everything for all races and ignore all the plot holes in the story it leaves? Save money so you can make MORE cheapo low-budget stuff. Give people content instead of good content. I getcha.

So, are we just supposed to say Vol'jin got so ticked over that whole "attempted assassination" thing that he plum forgot he thought that if the Alliance hadn't started trouble for the Darkspear way back when Sen'jin and the Darkspear would have been strong enough to fight off the Sea Witch on their own? Or that the Alliance has hated trolls since pretty much forever?

I can get behind "the enemy of my enemy" but that's stretching it a lot. Especially since the Horde nearly killed the crown prince and the only friend the Horde had in the Alliance kicked them out of a neutral city. Can't see Varian or Jaina reacting well when Vol'jin and I assume Chen walks up to them asking to be BFFs.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Wait, I change my mind. I want them to start arguing and then have Chen walk up with a huge keg of beer and get everyone too drunk to care anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Think people are jumping the gun and making assumptions about what little Blizzard has said about 5.3. And Blizzard has released very little information about the content so far.

5.4 is definitely the patch for Siege of Orgrimmar. 5.3 sets the final stage for why even the Horde end up wanting Garrosh gone.

As for Vol'jin, I haven't heard anything saying he's going to lead the Alliance against Garrosh. What I saw said that Vol'jin will form an alliance to rise up against Garrosh. That alliance could easily be with Baine, Thrall and Sylvanas. Baine has been at odds with Garrosh since Cairne died at the start of Cata. Thrall has been upset over the direction the Horde has taken, especially when Garrosh turns against the Darkspear who were always the major allies in creating the Horde. Sylvanas has gone head to head with Garrosh, though to be honest she's brought it on herself with her plague obsession (makes me wonder what Vereesa thinks of her sister and how Alleria will react when she turns up next expansion).

I could possibly see Anduin arguing with his dad to bring Allliance support to that alliance, without there being a formal alliance between all the parties. More of a truce to deal with a common menace.

Lor'themar seems to be a free agent at this point - he doesn't seem overly happy with the Horde, and definitely no longer has feeling for the Alliance thanks to Jaina.

And I have zero clue how Gallywix feels about everything going on, other than that war leads to profit and he's going to get rich!

I'm still waiting for the major war crimes that Blizzard promised us as being the motivation to get rid of Garrosh. The attempted assassination of Vol'jin was a dirty trick, but that's politics. The internment camps for the Darkspear were a low blow but other than the one part of the Dominance quest chain, there was nothing to play up the angle of major war crimes occurring there. You didn't see Darkspear being slaughtered wholesale by Garrosh's loyalist guarding them. It could be that was the intent, but Blizzard played it down for the sake of PG-13 (which is laughable considering some of the other things that have happened in the game).

What I want to know: is Garrosh so power obsessed or mind controlled that he doesn't realize that both Vol'jin and Anduin are still alive?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
5.3 - Rebellion of the Horde

What is happening is Civil unrest within the Horde. it is NOT alliance and horde joining forces, nor is it non-faction specific content. It is the logical build up to the Siege.

Garrosh wouldn't ever just lay waste to the darkspear, it is too large of a subsection of the Horde, and to get rid of an entire group would be farm more alerting than just subjegating them like he did do on Echo Isle. all the races have their own issues they are sifting through at the time ( Tauren are still in turmoil from civil war, goblins are still treading lightly being new, Pandaren only know what is being fed to them via propaganda, Blood elves are trying not to make waves - likely under Lor'themar's orders, Forsaken - well.... they are doing their own thing always, quite content to keep their profile low while Sylvanas just ignores Horde Sanctions) excising the Trolls from the Horde would meet the requirements for a public outcry, and then all bets are off on keeping the populace settled.

Garrosh's efforts on keeping things below boiling point is a losing battle on his part, but he is managing none too shabby for a man of his... caliber of rage.

as said- this patch is gonna definitely be the "tipping point" for the majority of the horde to spur them to Civil war against their leader.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Can we still have a Hellscream in charge though?

Grom 2013!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Can we still have a Hellscream in charge though?

Grom 2013!

I'll get the shovels, you get the Necromancers!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
04/02/2013 05:17 PMPosted by Birdi
Garrosh is a HORDE problem. Is it really too much to ask for faction-specific content, Blizz?

Anduin Wrynn says hello. Oh wait, no he doesn't. He's in a coma >.>

Since when? He's been making goggly-eyes at Wrathion in their little loft suite at the Tavern this patch.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Monk
03/27/2013 09:58 AMPosted by Joynal
Lor'themar seems to be a free agent at this point - he doesn't seem overly happy with the Horde, and definitely no longer has feeling for the Alliance thanks to Jaina.

I heard rumblings that Lor'thremar would probably wind up leading the Horde once all of this is over.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Yeah, that's the general rumor. After all, Blood Elf leader of the Horde, who would have guessed a year ago? I dunno, though. It just doesn't seem to fit. All the Warchief talk could just be a red herring. Not that I play on my Horde toon much but I really haven't seen anything to make me want him as a Warchief or believe in his leadership.

He'll always just be a used car salesman to me unless something changes radically. I can definitely see him filling a temporary void in Horde leadership when Garrosh is removed from the position but not on a permanent basis.

I still think Garrosh should be the new Horde Warchief. Now that would blow people's minds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]