Ret PvP damage

90 Undead Warlock
Current ret is impossible to balance for pve, pvp, burst and healing meshed into 1
Squash CD's, remove guardian, increase the specs damage 5 fold + buff base healing that will be less dependent on cd.

Grossly underpowered damage output......With 61% power and Inq rolling i can still hit 9k crusader strikes + 20k TV's, seals doing 3k damage on enemy targets without any defensives up.
In opening situations where inq isn't rolling or it has dropped during blankets you come out firing blanks ... a steady dose of attacks under 5-12k

Even with a fulltime 30% damage buff from Inq its Not enough damage outside of burst to even cut through enemy bubbles, we are equipped with an arsenal of weak hitting attacks that are fully absorbed by bubbles, shields etc.

Hopefully 5.3 PTR will have the 30% blanket healing nerf so you can accurately balance healing around it and not have guesstimate where it will be on live
my mains a ret and the damage is fine -.- rets have the damage the heals and the mobility that they need.
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
my mains a ret and the damage is fine -.- rets have the damage the heals and the mobility that they need.

Elaborate on this diarrhea of the mouth that you spew
What and when is damage healing is fine
My damage is on par with the rest when ? I have a 2 buffs providing a total of 50% damage increase 1 is every 2 minutes
My healing is good when ? A backpeedling warlock and its pet has taken me to 50% health w/ dots through a full fear and proceeds to 1shot at max range with a 175k Shadowburn
Edited by Hlypowahalp on 3/28/2013 4:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/28/2013 04:25 PMPosted by Hlypowahalp

chill out lol

My healing is good when ? A backpeedling warlock and its pet has taken me to 50% health w/ dots through a full fear and proceeds to 1shot at max range with a 175k Shadowburn

ret group healing is great. ret personal survivability is among the worst in the game even after the healing buffs and glyph of TV buff. i know it's not supposed to matter, but i hate how helpless i feel in solo PvP...never before has ret been decent in arena but bad in solo pvp. in fact, even when ret has been weak in arena it's historically been self-reliant, at least against other DPS if not at killing healers

i cannot adapt to this new weakness :( i can't stand when an arena match comes down to a 1v1 and i know that against a lesser player, i'm in for an uphill battle. against an equal player, it's hopeless. i can't think of any class/spec outside of warrior that i feel comfortable against, and according to MMO champ data mining, the defensive stance nerf is being reverted

mage, warlock, DK, rogue (i have a deep and burning hatred for shuriken toss), hunter, etc: most everything wrecks ret. ret is officially a support spec. i understand that's part of the flavor of the paladin class, but if i wanted to play a support spec i'd go holy. something's just not right
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
03/28/2013 04:25 PMPosted by Hlypowahalp

What and when is damage healing is fine
My damage is on par with the rest when ? I have a 2 buffs providing a total of 50% damage increase 1 is every 2 minutes
Your forgetting that retribution is a support class. thats what EVERYONE forgets. its never gonna be as good as a warlocks. or a warrior. how do you define it not being good? ret paladins have all the support moves they need. abuse them. learn to use them in different situations. damage isnt the only thing that matters and to top this off ret damage for the support that they bring is yes. fine. It may not be the most damage but its enough to make a difference if you actually know how to reforge and stack your stats. ppl act like this is the first time they have played the game and ppl just now realize ret paladins arent just for "damage"
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin
lets be honest.

the devs cant figure out how to tune ret damage. at all.

the mechanics are great, but the numbers are all over the place.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
lets be honest.

the devs cant figure out how to tune ret damage. at all.

the mechanics are great, but the numbers are all over the place.

it's simple though, too many burst CD's. get rid of the oen least cared about (goak) and bake said dmg into sustained. this would also get rid of a flashy ability, or at least make it less commonly seen.. there are too many pets and minions and crazy graphics flying around in MoP
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
I have no problem playing defensive when 2 minute cd's are down

30 - 40k WoG's don't allow me to keep myself and others up like in Cata,

SH is good on friendly targets but i can be completely locked down at will for extended periods of time

Peels are just as good as utility
Reply Quote

You're arguing that guardian isn't interesting when AW isn't that interesting either, even with temporary access to HoW (which remember, is why HoW can never be a hard hitting execute).

Hey, we all know that can't be the real reason, because it's dead easy to make it so without having the problem that Warriors' Execute used to have - just treat it like PW:Death.

HA is the most interesting of our cooldowns because it's a timed surge of resources...
So is SW (to a lesser extent in me, greater at range). Why does nobody except me seem to like SW?
Edited by Sharrow on 3/29/2013 12:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
damage isnt the only thing that matters and to top this off ret damage for the support that they bring is yes. fine. It may not be the most damage but its enough to make a difference if you actually know how to reforge and stack your stats. ppl act like this is the first time they have played the game and ppl just now realize ret paladins arent just for "damage"

Only having real pressure during cooldowns is not a great design. Ret's support is roughly equivalent to the peels and offensive CC put out by other classes. That doesn't narrow the gap between the more frequent kill windows other classes have. And rarely can draw out a game long enough for the ret to have another 2 minute kill window open up.

"Support class" is a poor reason for ret having such a narrow kill window.

So is SW (to a lesser extent in me, greater at range). Why does nobody except me seem to like SW?

I love machine gunning hammers. Perhaps a bit more situational in pvp, but still fun.

As far as Guardian is concerned, it could just as easily not be directly tied to a dps role for ret. Maybe turn it into something that actually brings "retribution" to the table, rather than just another dps cooldown.
Edited by Snozberries on 3/29/2013 6:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Your forgetting that retribution is a support class. thats what EVERYONE forgets. its never gonna be as good as a warlocks. or a warrior. how do you define it not being good? ret paladins have all the support moves they need. abuse them. learn to use them in different situations. damage isnt the only thing that matters and to top this off ret damage for the support that they bring is yes. fine. It may not be the most damage but its enough to make a difference if you actually know how to reforge and stack your stats. ppl act like this is the first time they have played the game and ppl just now realize ret paladins arent just for "damage"

15 hours ago

You don't support anything once you're dead and we are so squishy right now it's not even funny. Even you as a lock have more self healing than we do and so many defensive cool down.
If we can outlast you if we can not kill you because we do not have the dps. What's left?
Any good PvP player will focus a ret because we are easy to counter, our mobility is not that great and once our bubble is gone we're dead.
This is the way I feel. I'm by no mean a top player but I've never felt so bad about my spec.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

15 hours ago

You don't support anything once you're dead and we are so squishy right now it's not even funny. Even you as a lock have more self healing than we do and so many defensive cool down.
If we can outlast you if we can not kill you because we do not have the dps. What's left?
Any good PvP player will focus a ret because we are easy to counter, our mobility is not that great and once our bubble is gone we're dead.
This is the way I feel. I'm by no mean a top player but I've never felt so bad about my spec.
look up MVP on DH. he will laugh at you because even he knows ret healing is redic since the buff to it now lolz. and ret damage is perfectly fine if you even know how to play. of course it wont be on par with a pure dps but what do you expect. Rets still have more burst than most classes still. use it at the correct times and with the correct amount of CC you will land kills.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

Angelyolo is by far one of the least interesting big dps cooldowns out right now. Not only does alot of our damage get folded into it, but we have almost no control over it, it's easily kitable, and it just runs around going "HURAH!"

are you talking about GoAK or Male Draeni?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
A blue needs to respond to this thread. Ret damage output is extremely poor.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The T15 4 set does a pretty good job of giving you controlled burst. It's also not overpowering with cool downs either, cause it's not often to get procs when cool downs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
hello necro
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I dont know what you guys are talking about. I do great damage with my pally. It is consistent for me too. Maybe you just gotta find the right mix of gems and rotations. Because I think ret is the best it has ever been
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
And that guy is right, a paladin is a support class because of its survivability and team saving talents. It can't be all dps dps dps dps dps dps. You have to use your head when your play paladin. you can just run in and pop ur trunks, get feared and come back whining because ur cds are gone and os is your damage. play it smarter and you will do better.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Actually, now that our mastery damage has been hotfix buffed, as well as having increased my haste, the class is very tolerable. Haste makes the Holy Power system a lot more smooth, and the add to mastery damage definitely helps the dps. I'm content with this class just from that change.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
The damage on ret is much better now that some fixes and buffs were added but let's be honest, ret is still super squishy and very easy to CC during burst CDs....it's sad that a plate wearing spec/class is more vulnerable than someone wearing a dress...the fixes to devo aura and divine protection are a positive step forward but the spec is still way behind most of the others in PvP... I guess if you only do PvE then yeah the spec feels pretty good..but that's only half of the game...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's rare that you see a double thread necro. Quick, someone take a picture.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]