your method of healing?

90 Undead Priest
I have been gone since the end of Wrath, just hit 90 last week. How do you heal? Do you use grid + clique? Healbot? Mouseover macros?

Just curious what's trending now-a-days!

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I use Healbot also. As for trends, I'm unaware of them. Every healer has their own method of healing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I have keybinds and use blizzards raid group window!!! It works very well for me
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Most healers who are raiding (if this forum is representative) use modified raid frames (either as part of a healing addon or a different frame addon) to display their heals, hots, shields, and dispellables along with a few other nifty things (like range finders, cluster markers, etc). Some healers use the Blizzard frames although they usually customise them.

Some healers use click to cast (either as part of a healing addon or Clique), some use mouseover macros. Some healers target and hit a keybind.

Popular healing addons include Healbot, Vuhdo, Grid + Clique, Grid2 + Clique, Decursive.

Some healers don't use any addons (but they often use extensive macros).

Choose whatever you are most comfortable with and which best suits your style of game play.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Just to add on to this thought, has anyone found an addon to give aoe advice/cluster markers with the standard raid frames? I am specifically thinking about aoe advice for PoH.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Keybinds and Vuhdo.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I use VuhDo. :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
i use grid2 for my raid frames, but other then that its mostly just default
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
03/25/2013 03:12 PMPosted by Sippiestraw
I have been gone since the end of Wrath, just hit 90 last week. How do you heal?

The answers haven't changed much.

Vuhdo and Healbot are still used by people who want integrated raid frames + click casting.
Grid or Grid2 are used by people who want raid frames.
Clique is still used by people who want click casting.

One positive aspect is that the basic Blizzard raid frames have gotten a lot better than they were in Wrath.
Mouseover macros still work, and are a little easier to write using "[@mouseover]" instead of the old "[target=mouseover]".
Edited by Inushi on 3/25/2013 10:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
grid + naga mouse
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I use the in-game raid frames with some tweaks from the default settings (remove border, display class colors, make them smaller, display health, display debuffs, display incoming heals, etc.) and keybound mousover macros.

The good thing about this setup is that if a patch drops and addons aren't updated in time, I can pretty much heal exactly the same as I do now with no major changes.

The downside of this set up is that it's much less customizable than the add-ons out there, so if you need something really specific, you may need an add-on.

generally so far in Cata and Mists, Blizz has been pretty good about making sure the basic information you need for a gimmick type fight is visually displayed properly on the in-game raid frames though. (The only one in Cata I felt I needed more information than the default was providing was Wrack on Sinestra.)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
03/26/2013 01:27 AMPosted by Honorata
The good thing about this setup is that if a patch drops and addons aren't updated in time, I can pretty much heal exactly the same as I do now with no major changes.

The last time this was an issue with any of the major healing addons (those being VuhDo, Healbot, and Grid) was literally Burning Crusade.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Grid + Clique for mouseover healing.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I thought a video of me healing a 5-man would show you better than telling you ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIyHLpmol3Y
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
VUHDO is amazing and gets my vote. I switched from grid/clique about a year ago. Grid was great and I used it for years but it is becoming outdated (a plugin stops getting updated and such) in my opinion and doesn't have every option I can get with vuhdo. Vuhdo is a lovely all-in-one package. Only complaint would be that it comes with more than what the majority of people would ever use and thus isn't as "light" as grid but I really doubt that's an actual problem for most people.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I use Elvui's standard raid frames, a naga and mouseover macros atm. I also use Ingela's rapture to track that and of course, DBM.
Reply Quote
I have keybinds and use blizzards raid group window!!! It works very well for me

This; plus I use Clique for a few spells.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Default Raid style frames
Clique

Also use:
ShadowUF for all target/player/focus/etc health and mana bars
Weak Auras for Totem monitoring, Abilities off CD, Abilities with <3-5 left on CD
Quartz for cast bars (player, target, focus) and for DoTs/Debuffs timers my target and focus

Honestly, knowing that abilities are / will be off CD is extremely important. Like more important than what raid frames you use (between grid/healbot/vuhdo/default).
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Default raid frames with mouseover macros.

I still like Grid visuals better, but the fact that the groups weren't ordered the same way as default raid frames made certain mechanics hard to deal with (mainly coordinating dispels with another healer).
Edited by Gloostick on 3/26/2013 9:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]