"To The Skies!" Isle Of Thunder Quest. Stuck

90 Night Elf Druid
Ok, I completed the solo scenario where you tear down the wall and kill the guy. I started the "To The Skies!" solo scenario, but then left; and later abandoned all of my quests because I had way to many. Now I can't seem to find how to pick this quest back up. Anyone have any ideas? Help would be much appreciated.... According to Wowhead the quest starts with Lady Jaina Proudmore, but I have no options from her.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Morrow, what server are you on? Try and get someone on your server to share the quest with you before they complete it. That might help, I am not sure. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I keep getting killed before I can complete the quest but I don't know what I am doing so no doubt that is part of it. I am on Kirin Tor and will help if I can
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok, I completed the solo scenario where you tear down the wall and kill the guy. I started the "To The Skies!" solo scenario, but then left; and later abandoned all of my quests because I had way to many. Now I can't seem to find how to pick this quest back up. Anyone have any ideas? Help would be much appreciated.... According to Wowhead the quest starts with Lady Jaina Proudmore, but I have no options from her.

Hordeside i am stuck on top of the big flying lizard after defeating all the troll attackers. I'm just gonna put in a ticket and logoff, screw these fail solo instances
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Hi,
I notice the total imbalance in the solo quest difficulty. For example a Mage, Rogue, Warrior or Paladin may have a hard time or even not be able to complete the quest while a Hunter, Death Knight or Druid will fly through with barely a scratch. I think the scenario designer need to actually play the scenario with all class and not assume the players know all the tricks in the book. As for finishing this quest I am stuck just like a fly on a fly paper, or toe jam under this boss big foot.
Well unless those "must complet" quests get easier to complete, they will find it very hard to sell me any new upgrade an may even see me not renew my subscription. Thanks for reading my rant.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I'm not having any luck either with my Hunter. The worst thing a ranged class can do is use the Jump button and land on the enemy's dragon. I'll fly around until I get back in range...by the time the three mooks pop up - I'm toasted. Too bad my pets can't help while I'm dragon-surfing.
Edited by Tajre on 3/30/2013 1:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
6 Orc Hunter
Yes, I can't complete with pally or mage, keep getting killed by the guy who knocks you off your mount. DK, hunter, monk no problem.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
having same issues as the other hunter.... i was really enjoying these till now :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Died twice, cant use imp swarm cant use pet, cant kill guy trying to shoot me on other dragon, died, tried again, abandon quest as a bad joke.

20g in repairs, and I am not doing this again as I want to finish this , not run up my repair bill.

I'm a demo lock , and half my dps is my pets..which can't be used in this poorly designed "instance".

And now I can't use Isle of Thunder at ALL till this fail scenario is completed.

GREAT design Blizzard, lock us out of the island completely until we do this. I cant even go back and do the older areas now.
Edited by Mirisanelle on 4/5/2013 3:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Trust me, you are NOT ranting. The first two were a bit of a pain but doable.
All my Hunter has be able to do with "To The Skies!" is die. Any other comments would require language Blizz would Buzz...
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
My rogue has been stuck on this scenario for over a week, I am unable to complete it, and have been given no alternative dailies. I log on every day to see if anything else is available, but it's not. I guess this is how I end Isle of Thunder. Not happy about it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
This is impossible for me as a beast mastery hunter. I got new armor and everything to try and prepare myself for this instance, but I just can't make it past the three-mob group without my pet. A whole bunch of my other abilities were unavailable as well, so I was limited to spamming my arcane shot and putting a few debuffs on the mobs. This would've been a fun instance, I can tell, but Blizz made it near impossible for half the classes in the game! And of course, my class didn't even get the worst of it. Other classes are having a much harder time of this.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Oddly enough, the percent complete for Stage 5 keeps rising even though I am doing nothing. It is now at 69% although I haven't even started the stage because I can't get past this scenario.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Oddly enough, the percent complete for Stage 5 keeps rising even though I am doing nothing. It is now at 69% although I haven't even started the stage because I can't get past this scenario.

That's because it's based off of all the people who have been doing the dailies rather than just you. Remember that this is still a multiplayer world.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
To the hunters trying to do this quest I have found out a very somewhat easy solution to my problem when I started this. I looked through the things that were happening and I found that a way to do this on a Hunter comes with an easy Solution.
My set up, I am a BM hunter and I went with Wyvern Sting, how this might work with other hunters I don't know but I do recommend having Wyvern Sting. Once you start up the area with your Pterrorwing you should be able to handle the first two guys on your own without much of a problem, since that seems to be where most people can get through without issues. Once you down them and get the three pack that is where it will get tricky. If you do not have any Bandages and healing pots and are low health Feign Death, this works on the mounts and you will be removed from combat. Just fly around in Feign Death until your health is replenished.

Once your health is replenished then you will target one of the trolls, ignoring the one that you are currently on if you are on a Green Pterrorwing and not the starting one. Why ignore it? Because the troll will not attack you so long as you do not attack the troll. Wyvern Sting one of the two other trolls and burn down the second while the other is asleep. You have 30 seconds to burn it down before the other wakes up, try to avoid things such as Barrage or Glaive Toss because that will aggro them all on you or just the one you are riding along with. Once one is downed you should be able to down the second with little trouble at all, use Feign Death if you have issues or sleep when you can to replenish your health.

Once you down all three of them you will be knocked off and can continue on with the rest of the dungeon. Hope this helps everyone, and I apologize if I can't do much for other classes as I've only started this on my hunter here.

Edit: I didn't try it but with Trap Launcher + Freezing Trap you might also be able to do some CC in order to down the final wave of three. So long as you keep one out of the fight you should be able to do just fine. I would think that any form of being able to lose combat would help other classes as well so long as you can Stun or Disable one so that you can take another out.

Edit 2: Tried on my moms hunter, did the same strategy as above and got through without so much as a hassle. Trap Launcher + Freezing Trap does not work.
Edited by Drakkena on 4/16/2013 10:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I must agree...This is complete BS. As a frost mage I cannot get past stage 2 Intercepted.
I get force jumped from mount to mount and try to kill them as quickly as possible as I see there is healing when you kill a mob. Thunderous Innervation helps healing you 4 times for 30,000 each..but when you are a squishy cloth wearer used to sending in a pet to take damage, it is not nearly enough. Even touch of the grave doesn't help much...Have used Ice Barrier, that didn't have any effect at all, and greater invisibility just insta-killed me.

Anyone have any ideas how to help a mage complete this? I am sure someone has done it...I am at over 100 gold in repairs and climbing as I keep dying...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I must agree...This is complete BS. As a frost mage I cannot get past stage 2 Intercepted.
I get force jumped from mount to mount and try to kill them as quickly as possible as I see there is healing when you kill a mob. Thunderous Innervation helps healing you 4 times for 30,000 each..but when you are a squishy cloth wearer used to sending in a pet to take damage, it is not nearly enough. Even touch of the grave doesn't help much...Have used Ice Barrier, that didn't have any effect at all, and greater invisibility just insta-killed me.

Anyone have any ideas how to help a mage complete this? I am sure someone has done it...I am at over 100 gold in repairs and climbing as I keep dying...

Sorry to say this but your gear is kinda low to solo the Isle. I know you have a lot of tools on the ground or in groups but you may not have enough DPS for this scenarios. Gear up a little more then try again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I've done this scenario successfully on several alts who are still in leveling greens with ilvl around 425-445. Including a boomkin, rogue, spriest and DK.

These might be helpful hints:

If you're a ranged class, avoid jumping off the mount you started on. The trolls will almost always be in range of you. Only jump off (and onto their mounts) if they get out of range of you, since they won't get back in range. If you have any sort of self heals or damage reduction, use them. This isn't a DPS race. You also get a 150K heal over time when you successfully kill a troll, so just do single targets.

On the first boss, who covers large parts of the ground with falling ice arrows, you can choose where they get positioned. Move to an edge of the area and let him cast them. Then move out of the circle. When he casts the NEXT one, move back into the center of the first circle until he shoots the second one, so it will overlay the first. Then move back out. This will help you preserve room to maneuver. Repeat until he's dead. Again, if you have any sort of self heals or damage reduction, use them.

I think that covers the parts where I had trouble.
Edited by Raimondas on 4/30/2013 9:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Ok, I've done this with two hunters, a shaman, and a dk, then yesterday tried for a first time with an arcane mage and can't complete the quest, even after six goes trying different things. It always comes down to forceably being auto-jumped when I haven't had a chance to heal fully, then getting dps'd by ranged fliers on the other close-by birds, which for a clothy, sucks. Yeah, I almost agree with having to be geared, but I will argue back that 1) this should be "fun" and challenging but not completely impossible (especially since I'm paying a boat-load of money per month supposedly for my enjoyment), and 2) since Blizz has so much experience with phasing, at least the dailies that don't include the new area on Thunder Isle should be available for playing.

Addendum: just made it through the flying phase with the mage by never even doing the first jump, just relied on staying ranged, polymorphing when there were two, and had the luck of the RNG bringing them in range. After killing them, got to Stage 3 now stuck there...sigh
Edited by Lathspell on 5/8/2013 9:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Attempted your suggestion as Arcane Mage, Lathspell... didn't work. now I'm stuck on the thunderwing mount... Taking it to a GM and see what they will say about Mages completing the quest.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Also stuck here - likely a gear issue.

However, am I correct that I can't start on the dailies until I get through this? They aren't showing up for me.

Edit - got it on the third try, really not that bad. Answer to my other question here. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8728254371
Edited by Chidas on 5/16/2013 12:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]