What your raid leader knows nothing

9 Human Rogue
I play a disc priest with 7/12 progression.
Some stuff that really frustrates me in raids when the leader calls out "divine hymn!", asks me to life grip twice in a row, timed my spiritshell perfectly but tells me it was the worst time to use it, telling me to stop doing atonement and heal the tank.

Should I just gquit
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Nah. Ours still calls out for "Bubble stacking!" 2 secs before things hit. :3
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Um. Why are you asking us?

You're also 11/12 and have some of the strangest gear choices. o_O
Edited by Tiriel on 3/25/2013 2:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Wouldn't say gquit, but have a sit down and tell him the limitations and strengths of "new" Disc and how priests works (cooldowns and such). Keep in mind, when you're in a raid group, your cooldowns are not yours; they're the raid leaders. Any raid leader will tell you flat out that they will make the calls on what cooldown you should use and when. This is to benefit the raid, and often, they'll have made the research, developed the strat to use specifically for your raid, and so on.

If, however, you tell him some of the things about your priest, and he throws around "I'm raid leader! You can't talk back to me!", then maybe it is time to find a new home.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I do what I wish with my CDs as I find necessary unless a prior rotation has been hammered out before the pull. If we plan on a major cd at X point after the druid tranq'd or something, I'll save it for then and be even more happy if they call it out to reinforce the plan.

Otherwise I'd be like "do you want to play me or should I just leave?".

PS: DIVINE HYMN I MISS YOU SO!
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
Sounds like your RL has seen actual heroic progression RLs lead and is trying to do the same thing.

He just doesn't realize that to do it, you literally have to know all the other classes pretty much in and out. Well, not that well, but it'd be silly to call for a Devo Aura on Rain of Blades randomly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]