marks behind all dps specs by a huge margin

10 Blood Elf Paladin
easy fix, but with pvp side-effects: chimera/aimed shot buffs

alternative: adjust careful aim threshold, piercing shots %, wild quiver buff.

lots of ways to fix the current problem.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I'm not sure how this is OK: http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/10N/100/14/60/avg/

Marks is not just a little behind. Even looking at the graph MM is such an obvious outlier it's amazing.

And yet, 5.3 notes has been silent on any MM changes...

The gap isn't AS wide as raidbots may be showing currently due to sampling bias.

During the first two weeks, there were just as many Marks parses across all fights in Throne as there were Survival parses and the difference was approx 8%.

That's still enormous given the spec ONLY has its single target capability.
Edited by Bullettime on 4/3/2013 11:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
You have never once addressed the fact that hunters were ignored in DS till the progression race is over.

That is what is showing mage bias. Maybe it's an anti hunter bias I do not know. Hunters have not had two specs in the PvE race since before wrath.

Three specs sure. Where is the proof that all three specs were bad?

How do you prove that all three were bad with one weeks data?

It doesn't seem that hard to prove to me. In all liklihood Blizzard does not rely on or even use data from 3rd parties (i.e., data we have access to), but instead rely on the data that they themselves collect during encounters. There are probably A LOT of encounters in a week. And it's obvious that they didn't like what they saw wrt to mages.

Now to be clear, I empathize with the MM hunter plight. My wife is an MM hunter and she's pretty good at it. I think hunters (esp. MM hunters) need a buff too.

But crying about perceived special mage treatment (real or imagined) is going to net you exactly zero from Blizzard.

It seems obvious that Blizzard likes where MM hunters are right now. Go to GC's twitter feed and *ask* him why they like where they are.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Done it. No response.

Was even worded as

"Marksmanship has no niche or utility and is lacking in raw single target power. Is it at least on the radar?"
Edited by Bullettime on 4/3/2013 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
"Marksmanship has no niche or utility and is lacking in raw single target power. Is it at least on the radar?"

It's on the radar... for 6.0.

In all seriousness, I think we are going to see yet another hunter "overhaul" in the next expan, akin to the warlock changes. Although my confidence in them has dwindled tremendously over the years. Crossing my fingers that they will eventually get it right and hunters can enjoy three very close specs in both aspects of the game.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
03/29/2013 09:13 AMPosted by Guapísima
They are continually adjusting mage damage in an attempt to keep all 3 specs close.

I wish I lived in your alternate universe.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
04/03/2013 01:19 PMPosted by Melix

It's on the radar... for 6.0.

In all seriousness, I think we are going to see yet another hunter "overhaul" in the next expan, akin to the warlock changes. Although my confidence in them has dwindled tremendously over the years. Crossing my fingers that they will eventually get it right and hunters can enjoy three very close specs in both aspects of the game.

Tooting my own horn, a great starting point would be
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7979928581
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Really think the current raidbots data proves my point. Arcane off the bottom beating BM and a slew of others. Frost still squarely in the middle no reason not to play it. Fire moving steadily up the ranks.

Where is the hunter adjustments.

Frost on the 29th got a "fix" to ensure the proper number of procs is happening from the four piece. Think we could see some number tweaks at least in MM? Keep it maybe kinda close to arcan since they do fulfill the same role.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Could we at least see BM has it's pet AI problems fixed? Seriously I want to raid as BM and it is really annoying that I can't mainly because of pet AI problems that have existed for years that blizzard is to lazy to fix.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
It's strange that the first three raids did not punish BM. Lo and behold it got played.

AI and raid design seem to be counter intuitive. Course mages pets work warlocks work xuen works.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
It's strange that the first three raids did not punish BM. Lo and behold it got played.

AI and raid design seem to be counter intuitive. Course mages pets work warlocks work xuen works.

My main problem I have seen is target swapping with serpent stings abound. Granted it wouldn't be as bad for BM because of kill command every now and then, but sometimes it doesn't work as well, causing my pet to kill command the target it is attacking rather than the one I have targeted. Maybe that is how it is design but it can be frustrating getting the pet to behave. Then comes the problem of BM not dealing much if any more single target dps than survival but lacking by a large margin in AoE, cleave and multi-dotting. I can't justify to my raid why I would play BM on most fights when at best I only do just as good as I did in survival, and then arises the decision on which pets to bring. If I want to swap between SV and BM mid raid I would have to have at least one non exotic pet, then there are a couple pets that I would be using just for survival and BM gains its utility from exotic pets, and to be frank I like using exotic pets for BM. I like seeing all my big awesome looking pets spring forward to attack the boss all at once, the cooler pets are the main reasons I want to play BM.

I have toyed with the idea of swapping to BM for some time, but I am stuck in between a rock and a hard place choosing the spec I enjoy the most or being more useful to my raid group. Both BM and MM needs niches to them just like survival has its super-massive AoE.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Hunter's Mark should cause a pet on Assist to fixate on the marked target, before defaulting to normal assist behavior.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
To make that work the baseline mark would have to be reverted.

Not that I would mind.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
To make that work the baseline mark would have to be reverted.

Not that I would mind.

Not really - Mark only gets set from Arcane Shot, the and Nukes. If you want to hit a target with those, but keep the pet on something else, the pet would be on passive anyways, even now.

But, when assist is on, using those abilities would cause the pet to swap to the new mark, i.e. when going from Amber Shaper to the Monstrosity.

Either way, pretty sure it would be better than dealing with wonky assist logic...
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Fair enough.

Hunters fire a lot of arcane shots. I guess it depends on how you macro and do pet management.

Different players and all that blooie
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]