Disc Trinkets?

90 Draenei Priest
What are you fine folks using? I bought the new Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault but I have to say Im not terribly fond of it.

I seem to get more overall mana regen from sticking to Spirits of the Sun, or more overall heals due to attonement with Qin-xi's Polarizing Seal.

There also seems to be some Disc Priests leaning towards stacking haste skyhigh, instead of focusing upon +Crit.

I've never been good with picking out gear, so any help is appreciated!
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
I believe Horridon's Last Gasp is generally a crowd favorite.

A fully upgraded heroic Qin-xi's Polarizing Seal is also a very solid choice (imo would be the second best choice).

Lightning-Imbued Chalice also seems a nice alternative for those of us who never got Heroic Qin-xi.

I personally am interested in Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen though a lot of people will probably rage at me for it. :P
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Ive used 5+ coins for Horridons, I am hopeful it drops for me next week <3

There looks like there are some great trinket choices in the T15, I would definitely try out that +Crit one too!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I have the LFR version of Horridon's Last Gasp and it is a good solid trinket. I'm still using my fully upgraded Relic of Chi-Ji as well.
I have NO plans on buying that Shado Pan Assault trinket. The mana returned at 3 minutes is laughable. The intel is good on it. But hell no for me as a heals. I don't even know why they created such a thing.
Edited by Jaenna on 3/27/2013 10:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
The 5.2 trinkets average 830 mp5. Spirits averages around 740 (reg version). Personally i dont care for the 5.2 trinkets. Even horridon's grasp seems underwhelming considering the RNG factor.

The badge trinket to me is just another button to mash for very little mana. To add insult to injury most of these healing trinkets dont proc from smart heals. ( AKA atonement )

I think im gonna get the badge dps trinket haste > than healing procs that don't proc from atonement. Along with spirits.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=94510

Several people have confirmed that the healing (and even dps trinkets) proc from atonement. I don't have any of them yet so I can't really test myself.

I just went for the VP trinket with a haste proc. I really dislike the long 3min CD on the other one and I had to spend my VP to avoid getting capped. This seemed the biggest upgrade to me over the 489 I had for all of T14 up to today.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
The 5.2 trinkets average 830 mp5. Spirits averages around 740 (reg version). Personally i dont care for the 5.2 trinkets. Even horridon's grasp seems underwhelming considering the RNG factor.

The badge trinket to me is just another button to mash for very little mana. To add insult to injury most of these healing trinkets dont proc from smart heals. ( AKA atonement )

I think im gonna get the badge dps trinket haste > than healing procs that don't proc from atonement. Along with spirits.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=94510

Several people have confirmed that the healing (and even dps trinkets) proc from atonement. I don't have any of them yet so I can't really test myself.

I just went for the VP trinket with a haste proc. I really dislike the long 3min CD on the other one and I had to spend my VP to avoid getting capped. This seemed the biggest upgrade to me over the 489 I had for all of T14 up to today.

Just wanted to add that while other trinkets proc of Atonement, I didn't see any when I tested Spirits of the Sun - or rather very few procs. So for me as a disc I dropped it and kept using Jade Courtesan Figurine - until I got Horridon's.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Ugh I would kill for the Horridon trinket. I got no trinkets at all last tier, still using the DMC I made and the LFR Spirits I happened to get. We didn't see a single healing trinket, ever.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I believe Horridon's Last Gasp is generally a crowd favorite.

A fully upgraded heroic Qin-xi's Polarizing Seal is also a very solid choice (imo would be the second best choice).

Lightning-Imbued Chalice also seems a nice alternative for those of us who never got Heroic Qin-xi.

I personally am interested in Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen though a lot of people will probably rage at me for it. :P

The Chalice and Vision are really bad from what I've seen :/

Like, the Chalice sometimes does <1% of a person's healing and the Vision has a really low RPPM rate.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I can confirm Horridon's Last Gasp procs off atonement. It is a very solid choice, although its biggest downside is rng...its mp5 can vary dramatically from fight to fight.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
All the T15 absorb / heal proc trinkets suck.

Soothing talisman is nearly as good as 2/2 upgraded Heroic Spirits. Both are worse than 522 Horridon's.

I'll be using Horridon's Last Gasp & 2/2 Upgraded Heroic Qin-xi's as soon as Horridon's drops, and probably until T15 progression is over (unless we get really lucky with dps trinkets).
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
The Chalice and Vision are really bad from what I've seen :/

Like, the Chalice sometimes does <1% of a person's healing and the Vision has a really low RPPM rate.

Yeah, that's my biggest worry with Visions. With no ICD, it's harder to predict when it would come up. It's just the thought of a 100% crit chance Cascade/Halo or PW:S that makes me think about it. It's like having an Inner Focus for any spell except it's a proc rather than on use.

But yeah, I saw the abysmal RPPM posted on wowhead. =/
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest

They all proc from atonement.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I use:
Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault
Horridon's Last Gasp

I run with 7.7k Spirit fully raid buffed and don't run out of mana. I have pretty high spellpower for my gear though.

A lot of people say they don't like the Soothing Trinket, but I like it a lot. Mathematically it's very good and I also enjoy the fact you get all the regen up front instead of having to wait 3 minutes like you would have to with any other regen trinket.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I too plan to get horridons trinket along with possible dps caster trinket if I'm allowed to.
Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance
+1467 Critical Strike
Equip: When your spells deal critical damage, you have a chance to gain 7333 Intellect for 10sec.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I nabbed the Soothing trinket right off the bat at 5.2 start, but its just pretty underwhelming. Of course with my trinket luck I might be stuck with it through the whole patch!

One more coin for Horridon this week, maybe he'll cough it up. Next week I might just use all 3 on him >_<
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Lol Good Luck Kechara. Sometimes I wish they made it so you can only get one coin per week but you are guaranteed to get something from that roll.

Sometimes...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Gold from Horriloot every week :(

I too plan to get horridons trinket along with possible dps caster trinket if I'm allowed to.
Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance
+1467 Critical Strike
Equip: When your spells deal critical damage, you have a chance to gain 7333 Intellect for 10sec.

That actually seems pretty fun to play with if you don't have Qin Xi or don't need the spirit from it. Maybe I'll be able to get in 3 months when all the DPS have it, lol.
Edited by Nixxin on 3/27/2013 8:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Aaahhh - Horridon's Last Gasp dropped from my last coin. I danced for joy!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Aaahhh - Horridon's Last Gasp dropped from my last coin. I danced for joy!

Congrats to you - I do like this one ;)
I'm just hanging onto my upgrade Relic of Chi-Ji for dear life as my other trinket. Maybe as we go back and finish previous raids and try for heroics I'll get one of the other ones recommended.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]