What race should my priest be?

85 Night Elf Rogue
Hello, priests.

Im about to faction change my priest from alliance to horde, and I am wondering which race to choose because im having a hard time deciding whether to go goblin, blood elf, or troll.

Im not worried about the min/maxing potential of the 3 races since this is only an alt and I only plan on doing casual PvP on it. Im more concerned about the aesthetics of the race (how xmog sets will look on them and casting animations).

Currently, I honestly cant narrow it down to a favorite 2 because I think that all of them have great casting animations and can look good in almost all priest tiers, and this I why I need your opinions and reasons why I should be x race!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Male undead. They just look amazing and the racial is great for shadow. WOTF.

The only time I wouldn't pick undead is for a DK, and orc would win that hands down. The DK specific skins for Orcs are great.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Helmets and shoulders with no helmet displayed look weird on male trolls. Any other gender/race combo will look fine and it's really just up to which animations you prefer.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Thanks for your opinions!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I like goblins. I think they work well as shadow, and I like to think of them as healers with attitudes, “Got yourself hurt again, yea we can fix that. Dispelling, Healing, and Laundry my friend”.

They are short though. If you are going from a taller race to a short one it can be annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Male undead. They just look amazing and the racial is great for shadow. WOTF.

The only time I wouldn't pick undead is for a DK, and orc would win that hands down. The DK specific skins for Orcs are great.

I agree with this well dressed gentleman.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I believe if it's only Transmog aesthetics you are looking at then Blood Elves, and the females in particular offer the most attractive high polygon models of the lithe body type. Pandaren also have high polygon models of the more rubenesque body type. While Goblins like Blood Elves and Pandaren have high polygon models their stature and oddly proportioned frame make them a lesser third option for aesthetic purposes as certain armour features are condensed while others are oddly expanded. The vanilla races (troll, tauren, forsaken) have the lowest polygon count and are in the works for being redone so at this time I would not recommend them as they are the least attractive and subject to change within a few months in any case. However, if you do wish to go with a lower polygon option you should note that Trolls and Tauren never use visible boots under robes and under trousers boots become an anklet of little / minor visibility. Undead are from an aesthetic standpoint the worst possible option as not only are their facial features understandably foul and decayed but they also rip holes in the clothing and armour they wear in order to emphasize their feculent and repulsive nature.
Edited by Taheraliel on 3/27/2013 3:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Human's the way to go. Female human has really good healing spellcast animations, in my opinion, and most transmog gear looks really good on them.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
My vote's on troll if those are the only ones you're looking at x3 Try female tauren though! You won't leave home without war stomp!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Troll for Shadow

Belf for Healing

Male Undead for looks

Imo
Reply Quote
93 Undead Priest
Undead are from an aesthetic standpoint the worst possible option as not only are their facial features understandably foul and decayed but they also rip holes in the clothing and armour they wear in order to emphasize their feculent and repulsive nature.

.... Preeeeetty sure you just called me ugly
:P

Undead for PVP, and best cast animations.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
If you go goblin, don't go male. *shudder* I've regretted my decision ever since, but I'm too poor to pay for a race change. Male Undead are quite overplayed but they do look pretty damn cool. I'd say Female Blood Elf, Male Undead or Female Goblin.
Reply Quote
Female Tauren is the only way.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Undead are the race I like the best for Aesthetics, but they also give you the best PvP option, even though I know that's not what your concerned about.

Goblins look like the sand people from Star-Wars, and trolls feet smell.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]