What's being said about shamans aside...

90 Pandaren Priest
Our resto shaman is currently lagging behind in comparison to our group's holy pally and disc/holy priest. I'm sure some of it is due to the significant amount of absorbs from the other 2 classes AND he's behind them a little in gear (6-7 ilvls). I hear shammies aren't in the best place right now, but I'm not certain if this is solely a class issue or a player issue as well. I would greatly appreciate any feedback regarding changes our shammy could make due to enchants/gearing/gemming if needed.

His armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-blade/Linkstorm/advanced
and logs from last week's raid (healing on bosses only inc wipes and kills)
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/esozsnern0i021ud/sum/healingDone/?enc=bosses
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/nd4eyo3dqxknzb4d/sum/healingDone/?enc=bosses

Thanks
Edited by Gôulet on 3/25/2013 9:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
You pretty much answered your own question. Pallies are pretty much OP right now and disc absorbs are still a smidgeon too strong. Both class have absorb mechanics.

Look at his healing percentages, not his HPS numbers (someone correct me if I'm wrong- I'm just going by what I am looking at under healing done for those fights).

Horridon- from what I've seen at least in LFR- is a movement based fight. Our strong suits are fights that involve groups being stacked.

We're in a strange place this tier.
Edited by Jujubiju on 3/25/2013 10:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Please tell me he isn't using Glyph of Riptide for every fight. >< I tried using it on one Tortos attempt and it was awful, I did much better without it.

How are you guys doing Megaera? His healing rain looks really low. Are you guys just stacking and running away from the poison bomb thing then stacking back up?

(Note: I'm bad at understanding logs, just comparing them to my own shaman's who is healing with the same comp but lower ilvl.)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
For Meg we've been using the everyone spread out strat from the beginning but would like to stack more if we can get everyone to improve their reaction time.We were struggling so much that we had to 4 heal, which we never do. I would like to stay away from that but find a way to help our shammy feel less underpowered.

So what overall suggestions, even fight specific, like Tortos or Megaera would be recommended for glyphs and talents and such. Also he seems to have mana problems in comparison to the other healers.
Edited by Gôulet on 3/26/2013 9:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
So what overall suggestions, even fight specific, like Tortos or Megaera would be recommended for glyphs and talents and such. Also he seems to have mana problems in comparison to the other healers.

Unfortunately- as you can see- it's probably going to be a while until I actually get to see that content on normal :( (on either of my healer's).

I know I try to play on my healing composition's strengths and weaknesses when it comes to determining how to heal a fight. Plus I've at least got to try the fight once to see what the damage looks like before making that determination. Gives me a feel of things.

On this one, I change back and forth on my RT glyph depending on how much movement a fight is going to have. The heal on it isn't that great to be honest and you lose the initial heal by glyphing it. For instance on 25m Stone Guard, the chains mechanic loves to stick me with melee, but on Feng I find the glyph worthless so I switch out to something better.

I've only done Tortos in LFR and pretty much had to use the RT glyph just for healing (because no one wanted to focus on the turtles though- getting bounced around like a ping pong ball is never fun). I'm assuming it's a lot more organized in normal lol.
Edited by Jujubiju on 3/26/2013 12:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Yeah, I'm probably not the best person for advice. But speaking out of experience being the shaman in a pally + disc or holy comp hopefully I can help a little.

I'm liking the chain heal glyph on most fights like Horridon, not really using chain heal at all on Tortos though and not needed for Megaera - I use the healing stream one here. The totem recall glyph is very good for mana though, you can hit it right before healing stream ends and it makes it completely free as long as you can watch the duration. I really hate the riptide glyph, maybe it's just me though. I put it on the whole raid for tortos thinking how nice it would be to have it ticking during the stomp, but not really worth it. A lot of glyphs will really vary between how well your raid can stack too.

I prefer primal elementalist over unleashed fury, just feels like adding extra to a direct heal is often overhealing. Plus, the damage reduction from the earth elemental is amazing. I have the 10% healing buff macro'd to all my heals so I'm always using it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Everything Armory-wise looks ok. The glyph of riptide usage thing is a bit odd. Personally I hate it and never use it, but I've seen other shaman do fine with it, it comes down to personal preference I think, unless tank healing, which case unglyphed is vastly superior.

Looking at his logs, ES is okay, Riptide is sub-optimal though. He is using the glyph, so we should be taking 100% uptime easily, which he is doing on some fights, but we're talking roughly 50% overhealing. This suggest A) he isnt choosing his Riptide targets very well, or B) He is multihotting when there isn't any damage coming/going out.
His tidal waves uptime is also relatively low, especially for the glyph. He is sitting around 70% or so, with the glyph. When I'm playing well on progression, I'm sitting around 80-85% without the glyph. This combined with his Riptide logs suggests he might be spamming Riptide and then going maybe... 10-15seconds without casting Riptide again at all.

Here is one thing that will be contributing a lot. He has barely any uses of Unleash Elements. On Horridon he used it like 6 times. Only twice the amount of Ascendance (15second cooldown VS a 3min cooldown). Ideally, he should be Unleash Elements + Healing Rain for high HPM/HPS returns. This will be most successful if he is placing his Rain correctly, if he isn't I can't help with that. Unleashed Rain is amazing on Megaera especially, I think you can probably drop the 4th healer on Meg and you'll see the benefits of Unleashed Rain much more.
Bottom line: USE UNLEASH ELEMENTS.

Dear lord, he only used it once on Council >.<

Finally, a great habit to get into is using HST on cooldown. Using it on cooldown at the higher level is bad practice because even smart heals can overheal, but for practice, all through normal mode progression he should be dropping it on cooldown. Ticks on tanks and things are good effective heals, so he might as well use them. Since it is below Healing Tide of several fights I'm guessing he isn't using it very much at all.

Note: I'm not talking about not using HST at all when I say not on cooldown. I'm talking "Should I drop it now, when everyone is at 100% or should I wait 5 seconds and drop it when there is going to be damage from X mechanic.)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
His healing output looks ok. You guys just aren't letting him do enough.

In terms of spell choice... how is riptide doing more healing than Healing Rain for him on megeara?
Healing Rain, especially unleashed healing rain, is almost always the right choice. Drop it on 2-3 melee and 1-2 ranged. Or the tanks and melee and stand 90 degree relative to both. WHATEVER. Doesn't matter. Unleashed Healing Rain on 3 targets is more effecient than anything he can cast (non-totem).
Healing Stream... likewise. I get about 12-16% of my healing from non-set bonus Healing Stream Totem. IN 25 MAN. In 10 man that's even higher.

If he is ooming, it's because he's using Glyph-Riptide as a filler instead of Healing Wave. Straight up, Healing Wave is really efficient. And doesn't care if people are spread.

So it looks like he has some changes to make, but on the charts he isn't doing too shabby. In more intense healing fights, using Healing Rain/HST more will increase his performance though.

If he has a normal mode Will of the Emperor trinket he should take off the Hydra Bag trash and put back on his polarizing seal.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
03/25/2013 09:23 PMPosted by Gôulet
Our resto shaman is currently lagging behind in comparison to our group's holy pally and disc/holy priest.

You actually have a pretty decent shaman. Unfortunately, they just aren't strong this tier. At all. And they are going to get wrecked by every single class out there.

Also, Horridon can be 2 healed, especially with a pally and priest.

For Meg we've been using the everyone spread out strat from the beginning but would like to stack more if we can get everyone to improve their reaction time. Our shammy was struggling so much that we had to 4 heal, which we never do. I would like to stay away from that but find a way to help our shammy feel less underpowered.

We took a pretty unique approach with this fight as far as healing went. The priest and I took it easy for the 1st and 2nd Rampage, letting the shaman handle most of it so that we could get the most out of him. Also, you should be stacking for every single Rampage, which should help with his healing as well.

Here are his logs so that you can take a look.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/agyaqeyn0vkfh5ye/sum/healingDone/?s=5662&e=6138
Edited by Ceresc on 3/26/2013 7:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I heal with one or two shaman co-healers fight dependent.

Jin'Rohk - two heal
Horridon - two heal (ret and ele help dispel on doors 3 and 4)
Council - two heal
Tortos - two heal (I'm holy for this one)
Magaera - three heal (we do run every raid cooldown from the dps including the bear's tranquility)
Jin-Kun - two heal (first kill last night and the shaman was accidentally in ele gear)

The harder the healing the more equal our healing numbers. Given that we only three heal one fight, I'm not suprised that your shaman's numbers tend to look low.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
We took a pretty unique approach with this fight as far as healing went. The priest and I took it easy for the 1st and 2nd Rampage, letting the shaman handle most of it so that we could get the most out of him. Also, you should be stacking for every single Rampage, which should help with his healing as well.

I just want to quickly point out that we're not having any problems with rampages, we're stacking through those and healing is easy-peasy. It's the last couple heads we're struggling on. Also, we will be two healing more. Our holy pally and I are getting just a tad bored.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]