Information about the Highlands Council

*nods* Fair enough, might want to include that point somewhere in your original posts then, to avoid further confusion :)

But that's what a regent is. Someone ruling in the place of a king until a time when the king is made ready/available.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Aka a power hungry dirtbag.
Reply Quote
But that's what a regent is. Someone ruling in the place of a king until a time when the king is made ready/available.

Not everyone is going to know that though and it helps clear up confusion for those that don't. In my honest opinion if you are going to use ranks that are not commonly used in WoW lore you need to have at least an explanation of what that rank is and what their duties are to smooth things over.

Edited for spelling and corrections.
Edited by Aretain on 3/27/2013 10:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
A Reagent is something that you use to cast spells with, such as arcane dust, or those maple seeds! ;)
Reply Quote
Yeah I noticed the typo XD fixed!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Not everyone is going to know that though and it helps clear up confusion for those that don't. In my honest opinion if you are going to use ranks that are not commonly used in WoW lore (there has only ever been one regent in lore, that regent being Bolvar Fordragon and let's be realistic here, unless you've done lore research on Bolvar, you're not going to know anything about him if you joined the game after Varian returned to the throne.) you need to have at least an explanation of what a regent is and what their duties are to smooth things over.

Edited for spelling.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Lor'themar_Theron

Hm...

http://www.wowpedia.org/Moira_Bronzebeard
Edited by Kauthryn on 3/27/2013 10:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
http://www.wowpedia.org/Moira_Thaurissan
Reply Quote
http://www.wowpedia.org/Anduin_Lothar also served as Regent Lord of Azeroth
Reply Quote
I stand corrected on only one Regent, however the point I made about people not knowing what a Regent is still stands. Unless you actually do research into the title, it's not disclosed anywhere what a Regent does, or how far his/her authority extends.
Reply Quote
All one has to do is google "regent" It's not so difficult.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It's a pretty common English word used in the same way it's used multiple other places in-universe.

I mean, at some point the impetus for understanding falls on the reader. Like, via google.
Reply Quote
You overestimate the number of people who are going to do that.

When it comes to RP, and gaming in general, people just want to jump right in (of course that varies from person to person). They'll research only as much as they have to for their own characters, but most of the time, they won't research anything else, and it shows. Also it's not entirely difficult to write down the information. Look at BoL and their FAQ concerning Calia Menethil. BoL didn't have to write that down, they could have ignored it, but they chose to put it in the FAQ so that people that read it are not confused about why they are ignoring the last living Menethil.

I see it happen in games outside of WoW too... you'd be surprised how many people don't know who Kormir is in GW2 because they didn't do research.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I don't think "regent" needs to be defined. We're all at least above Freshman high school.

Of course, for the passive-aggressive statement about "ignoring the last living Menethil", it's pretty obvious you're upset about your lore statement being incorrect.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
We don't ignore Calia at all.
Reply Quote
Actually I'm not, I just pointed out the obvious. Look, I'm not here to start a e-peen contest. I asked a question, it was answered and I suggested that Hellissa add that information to the FAQ at the beginning of the post. If you want to read into it more by all means, but I've said what I felt needs to be said.

Moving on.

We don't ignore Calia at all.

I probably worded by message wrong, but my point was that without that section within the FAQ, people who saw the concept of BoL might be inclined to believe that you're ignoring Calia. Since that section is included within the FAQ people know that you as a guild, are not ignoring her existence and so you're not going to get bogged down with people asking about Calia and why you're ignoring her (even when you're not) because you've clearly answered the question already.
Edited by Aretain on 3/27/2013 11:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
40 Human Warlock
Adding "what is a regent?" to a FAQ would suggest it's being asked a lot.

...and if it is, I suggest a link to http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define+regent
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
You shouldn't attack someone if they significantly outgear you.
Reply Quote
Nobles of the Highlands who wish to be a part of the House of Nobles should contact Lady Melysa Ashvale to register. Please do so as soon as possible.
Reply Quote
The first meeting of the house of Nobles has been scheduled to take place next week. It's been a pleasure roleplaying with all those who have shown interest and we look forward to seeing you at the meetings. If you have not already done so and wish to be part of the house of Nobles, please contact my character via in-game letter with the following information:

* Character name
* Title
* Name of holdings (In the Arathi Highlands)

Alternatively, you may post an IC letter here in this thread. Once you are registered, you'll receive a calendar invite and be informed of the location. Melysa will also be available in-game to answer any IC questions regarding the house of Nobles.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
This sounds like the red wedding waiting to happen.

I know this is a late quote, but this made me sad.

:c
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]