90 Human Warrior
Shield Wall in detail:

- 5 min CD
- halves your damage
- shield equip delays SW application
- can be disarmed
- 12 sec lock out from Recklessness
+ 40% damage reduction

Shield Wall has 5 negatives to 1 positive. In conclusion, its outdated. Who has ideas? Maybe drop the CD to 2-3 min? Blizz already said the shield requirement is going to stay so we can forget about that changing.

EDIT: cleaned up for easier reading
Edited by Sgtjonson on 3/25/2013 12:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Yes, there is a lot going on when Shield Wall is used.

The cooldown is long for an Arms or Fury warrior when compared to our others abilities, trinkets, items, and potions. As a Protection warrior, they have the passive ability Bastion of Defense which lowers the cooldown by 3 minutes. Specialization design idea, who knows.

Damage from a one handed weapon as an Arms warrior is less than Fury's Single-minded passive.
Is it enough to fight back with CS, MS, OP, and Slam? Pummel, move, Execute?
Who knows what is enough and what isn't. When should it work, and when shouldn't it? How can one say for sure?

#showtooltip
/cancelaura bladestorm
/cast shield wall
/equipslot 16 sword
/equipslot 17 board
is quick and I enjoy the swapping mechanics of the warrior class.

Disarm, Dismantle, Psychic Horror, and Voidwalker: Disarm. All of these disarm both slots now a days, Main hand and Off Hand.

Disarms don't last very long as a Warrior with 4/5 Gladiator's set and it's effect can be trinketed or Bladestormed.

It's nice to be able to anticipate a Warrior's abilities and prevent it by disarming him, however, when fighting multiple opponents the damage can be hard.

As an Arms warrior, being locked out of Recklessness or Shield Wall is bull!@#$.
A Fury warrior, I believe they can swap into Shield Wall and swap out of it to 2H x2 while keeping the aura, so that's understandable.

I think it could work just like Deadly Calm and Inner Rage has in the past. Just /cancelaura either one of them and swap to the other because they will not work together. #showtooltip
/cancelaura blade storm
/cancelaura deadly calm
/cast inner rage

#showtooltip
/cancelaura bladestorm
/cancelaura inner rage
/cast deadly calm

As for percentages and cooldown time, it's hard to say what one ability like this needs when we have a lot of other damage reduction abilities that can be used with it, who knows.

You use the word outdated, which implies to me that it has not kept up with other classes because some of them can use defensive cooldowns with no reduction or delay in damage and just keep going.

E.g. when fighting a warlock I have to look for a little aura icon that lets me know when they are taking -40% damage, Death Knights, and Rogues too, can use defensive abilities and just keep going.

When a warrior goes defensive: Defensive stance animation - no rage gained - 3 second cooldown, weapons changed - global cooldown, Spell Relfection animation, Shield Wall animation, Demoralizing Banner in the ground - hit the binding then click the location, Die By The Sword animation alert, and it all takes a lot of global cooldowns, time, and action.

I do enjoy how it feels though, the swap, planting a banner in the ground, the sound of Shield Wall, Die By The Sword animation not so much, but, it's all pretty great.

I've been playing an Arms warrior forever and I have some kind of an apathetic view of it all, so I just keep playing no matter what is changed and find my way. Let Blizzard do whatever they please, i'll play the game my way and find what I enjoy. There isn't another game like this one.

Win/loss become meaningless and only the fight matters, dying a good death is more important to me. Looking at your corpse after it all and cheering, saying something like: Hell... as far as I know, I took that fight to the limits of my knowledge and abilities, I just can't imagine what else I could have done! ...Woo!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk

Disarm, Dismantle, Psychic Horror, and Voidwalker: Disarm. All of these disarm both slots now a days, Main hand and Off Hand.

Disarms don't last very long as a Warrior with 4/5 Gladiator's set and it's effect can be trinketed or Bladestormed.

RoP though is not affected by the 4 piece Warrior Set Bonus, cannot be PvP Trinked, and does not trigger or suffer from DR. It's a solid 8 seconds of Disarm against a Warrior which can be used either offensively to deny you the use of your two most powerful defensive CDs (Die by the Sword and Shield Wall), or it can be used defensively to completely and utterly shutdown your burst macro. Right when RoP Disarm is about to fade off you, the Monk can just Grapple Weapon you for another 4 secs of Disarm. That's the entire 12 sec duration of Recklessness, gone. Not to mention RoP is a 45 sec CD, which is ridiculous.
Edited by Ciatlen on 3/25/2013 2:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Main change I'd like to see is being able to cancel reck and shield wall instead of still being locked out for the full 12 seconds. I don't think we really need any defensive cd buffs. We're squishy because of a lack of passive mitigation.

Also, nice xmog...and professions.
Reply Quote
Reduce its cd to 4 min, increase th dr to 60% remove the use glyph for wall.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
RoP though is not affected by the 4 piece Warrior Set Bonus, cannot be PvP Trinked, and does not trigger or suffer from DR. It's a solid 8 seconds of Disarm against a Warrior which can be used either offensively to deny you the use of your two most powerful defensive CDs (Die by the Sword and Shield Wall), or it can be used defensively to completely and utterly shutdown your burst macro. Right when RoP Disarm is about to fade off you, the Monk can just Grapple Weapon you for another 4 secs of Disarm. That's the entire 12 sec duration of Recklessness, gone. Not to mention RoP is a 45 sec CD, which is ridiculous

The other fun part about rop is a warrior can't leap, intervene, or charge out of it.

If monks become popular in arena while rop is still around i'll probably shelf this guy for a bit.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
RoP though is not affected by the 4 piece Warrior Set Bonus, cannot be PvP Trinked, and does not trigger or suffer from DR. It's a solid 8 seconds of Disarm against a Warrior which can be used either offensively to deny you the use of your two most powerful defensive CDs (Die by the Sword and Shield Wall), or it can be used defensively to completely and utterly shutdown your burst macro. Right when RoP Disarm is about to fade off you, the Monk can just Grapple Weapon you for another 4 secs of Disarm. That's the entire 12 sec duration of Recklessness, gone. Not to mention RoP is a 45 sec CD, which is ridiculous.

I am a bit new to MoP and 5.2. I completely forgot about Monks, you are make an great point. It is ridiculous trying to hop away from that bubble, unable to leap, bladestorm etc... I hope it is changed in the future.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Blizzard doesn't want as many warriors as they've had. People enjoy playing warriors and have put time into them so, they have to nerf them terribly (even if it's by buffing other classes) to make people re role.

logic has no place here.

edit: Hey Sgtjohnson I remember you from beta posts, how've you been
Edited by Madicus on 3/25/2013 5:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Hey Sgtjohnson I remember you from beta posts, how've you been

Doing good, long time no see. How've you been?

I'm just trying to get some ideas out there. Some have been good and others have turned out to be less useful. I want my class to be strong but not ridiculous so I can have fun without getting nerfed all the time.

03/25/2013 03:06 PMPosted by Fäw
Main change I'd like to see is being able to cancel reck and shield wall instead of still being locked out for the full 12 seconds.

Actually this is a really good idea. If you cancel Reck it would be nice to be able to use SW instead of a full 12 sec SW lock out as soon as you hit Reck.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Damage from a one handed weapon as an Arms warrior is less than Fury's Single-minded passive.Is it enough to fight back with CS, MS, OP, and Slam? Pummel, move, Execute?

At least as arms you can keep using your damaging skills and keep up the healing debuff. Only thing fury can do is a pitiful 90% weapon damage BT.

As an Arms warrior, being locked out of Recklessness or Shield Wall is bull!@#$.A Fury warrior, I believe they can swap into Shield Wall and swap out of it to 2H x2 while keeping the aura, so that's understandable.

This was the case since 3.0 to 5.1. Apparently fury war representation in arena was like 0.000001% and needed a nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
What if Shield Wall had a slide open menu like War Banner where you can insert the shield and 1h you want to use with it? It would hopefully remove the delayed application.

Adding to that allowing SW to be used when you cancel Reck would remove 2 of the lesser negatives and shouldn't affect other classes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]