IRL Wyrmcon

100 Blood Elf Warlock
Having a convention for our server has been discussed in the past, but I've been thinking about possibly hosting one. It would most likely be held in Anaheim, CA as that's the closest location to myself with convention/banquet halls for rent.

What I want to know, is what would you be interested in doing while you were out here? What would be your participation level if there were contests? Maybe a IRL Club Trix? What are you looking for in a convention? Would you be willing to donate through a kickstarter account to help out with the costs? Would you be willing to volunteer your time to help run things?

Let me know your ideas and when you think would be a good date for this. Maybe we could make it a yearly or bi-yearly thing or even expand it to make it open to other servers? It'd be like an affordable Blizzcon without the beta keys or public speakers....
Reply Quote
That could be fun. To bad it'll be on the other side of the country. =(
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
The original plan was to have it travel to different cities, whoever wanted to host it... But no one else has been stepping up to host.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
That could be fun. To bad it'll be on the other side of the country. =(

This. :'(

I'm way too broke for that kind of travel.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
And therein lies the reason why the idea didn't work out before. The last group wanted to do the convention in Ohio, with those on the West Coast griping that it was on the other side of the country and they wouldn't be able to travel that far.

Somehow, it seems that we don't have many Wyrmies that live smack dab in the middle of the country.
Reply Quote
55 Tauren Death Knight
What about...
One con in the east.
One in the west...

AND A COMPUTER WITH SKYPE TO STREAM THE TWO

or something.
Reply Quote
I feel like something like this would just turn into an incredibly socially awkward convention if it got off the ground. At the same time I like on the other side of the states as well.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I don't see how the travel is any different than those wanting to go to Blizzcon. But at the same time, Blizzcon has a lot more to offer because they have money.

On the upside, California is a great vacation spot so while you're here you could go to Disneyland, California Adventure, Legoland... There's a lot to do out here. AND the weather is always nice.

What about...
One con in the east.
One in the west...

or something.

This could happen. Have the computer hooked up to a projector so they're on a big screen.
Edited by Pai on 3/27/2013 1:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I don't necessarily think it has anything to do with "wanting" to go -- of course we'd like to go, (Native Californian, I lived in Huntington Beach!) but ... well, I'm broke. ._.

I live smackdab in the middle now (TX), if something was a little more central I would gladly pack up and drive.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
What about...
One con in the east.
One in the west...

or something.

Eastwyrm is best wyrm. East side representin', yo brah.
Reply Quote
I say Kansas and we just turn the convention into a mob of LARP. You can find a flat of land just about anywhere. Hur hur.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Another plus side to having out here on the West coast is I've been thinking about contacting Blizzard to see if I can't get someone out to do a quick Q&A about lore questions. It's a long shot, and we'd have to ask some pre-approved questions so they can answer quickly and not with "sorry, I can't answer that", but it'd be nice to have an official show up.

Also, booths? Does anyone make anything that they'd want to sell? I know I am pretty crafty, myself, but there could be others that might want to set up a small shop of warcraft THEMED items (can't legally sell blizzard items due to copyright laws), or even any artists that would like to sell some quick sketches?
Reply Quote
03/27/2013 01:33 PMPosted by Pai
I don't see how the travel is any different than those wanting to go to Blizzcon.

Well I could start by saying the fact that BlizzCon is already an established convention with an insane amount of participants. And even with that, not everyone can afford to go to BlizzCon as well. Then there is the ticket price for BlizzCon...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm a Vermonter, who's never even been on a plane. So unless I can somehow get their by canoe, I'll have to sit this one out. Not that anyone would care if I was there or not.

I say Kansas and we just turn the convention into a mob of LARP. You can find a flat of land just about anywhere. Hur hur.

Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

If that involves a giant group of us beating the crap out of each other, I might even show up. It will be like TB, except will make more sense.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
03/27/2013 01:56 PMPosted by Jerrich
So unless I can somehow get their by canoe, I'll have to sit this one out.

Bus? Train?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
If that involves a giant group of us beating the crap out of each other, I might even show up. It will be like TB, except will make more sense.

...I am a black belt... when wearing a suit.
Reply Quote
I'm a Vermonter, who's never even been on a plane. So unless I can somehow get their by canoe, I'll have to sit this one out. Not that anyone would care if I was there or not.

I care.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So unless I can somehow get their by canoe, I'll have to sit this one out.

Bus? Train?

That can work, but definitely not as cool as canoeing all the way there. Just give me some bottled water, beef jerky and someone to sing pirate shanties with me. I'll be there in a few years.

...I am a black belt... when wearing a suit.

I like your style, sir.

I care.

You're my new power ballad duet partner, I think it's mandatory.
Edited by Jerrich on 3/27/2013 2:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
I definitely wouldn't mind chipping in a bit for a convention, but attending it would be another matter, what with me living on another continent and all. <_<
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
In a world where either I could teleport down or had the funds to afford the travel, I'd be all over this.

Alas, I'll have to stay in Canada.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]