Is Kanrethad slightly more difficult now?

90 Goblin Warlock
I swear, 2 weeks ago I have been on this quest and still at it while me and my friends switch back and forth trying it out just to get my fel green fire quest. So the lowest I ever got him is at 50% but now I can't even get past 75% and I'm here thinking whether Blizzard slightly made him more difficult or what?

Considering it was great doing the first few attempts of this quests and it was fun and challenging but I believe I fall under the category who are unlucky or unskilled as a warlock. Not to mention this isn't even my main toon and have worked twice as hard on this toon to get gear as I did with my priest.

Im getting used to the fight but damn I've wasted over 2k now on repairs since i started this quest. I know people are saying NOT to nerf it but I really don't care whether it's nerfed or not, I just want my spells to turn fel green. I want this quest doable for those who are "determined or fortunate enough to have laid their hands on the fabled Codex of Xerrath."

Considering Blizzard is going through alot of these threads, I think it's time they do something about it. Well at least give some of these warlocks some slack.

Gratz to those who have obtained the fel green quest but really, there's no need to belittle someone just because you think your epeen just got bigger.

Help and advice on how to defeat Kanrethad is wonderful but some of us warlocks don't know what spec is best or what stat we should be stacking in order to throw a better output on dps.

I feel the pain that many warlocks who have embarked on this questline and have that feeling of failure after a million attempts but it's really time that we sign a petition for this to get a slight nerf.
Edited by Goldilocks on 3/25/2013 5:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
1. He's no more difficult.
2. Plenty of people have downed him in far worse gear than yours.
3. There are a million of these threads up already. You did not need to make ANOTHER.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
It's fun to make threads though! I feel like I'm in a spotlight!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock

I want proof of this, i hear / see this a lot but no one can back it up.

I get him to 8million hp left and either enslave wears off after i have enslaved him just a few mins back and it doesn't go the full 5mins.

This boss is over tunned and aimed at people in ilevel 490 + , I'm all for hard things but this is OTT just for green fire.

I agree with this guy. But while some were to get him down with lower ilvl gear, I don't see why it would be bad to just nerf some of his mechanics slightly.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

I get him to 8million hp left and either enslave wears off after i have enslaved him just a few mins back and it doesn't go the full 5mins.

This boss is over tunned and aimed at people in ilevel 490 + , I'm all for hard things but this is OTT just for green fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1i4BnY8PeQ
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
"just green fire"

If it's not a big deal to you, then don't do it.

If it really matters, then get it done.

Not hurting your character to not have it
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Why are you a lady now Noctowl
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

Some dude streamed him killing it at like 467 ilevel
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Some dude streamed him killing it at like 467 ilevel

Maybe I could pay that dude something to kill kanrethad for me XD
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Why are you a lady now Noctowl
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
As if to imply that Noct hasn't been a lady before.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock

I agree with this guy. But while some were to get him down with lower ilvl gear, I don't see why it would be bad to just nerf some of his mechanics slightly.

You're the one claiming he's harder. The burden of proof is on you to demonstrate that he's harder, not on Iscariah to demonstrate that he's not harder.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
03/25/2013 05:29 PMPosted by Devôurer
This boss is over tunned and aimed at people in ilevel 490 +

.....k, and?

The current raid gear ilvl is 522. You really think blizz was trying to tune this for people in 5.0 lfr gear? I think it would be a little silly to tune a 5.2 questline such as this to 5.0 content. Gear up a bit and try again if you think you can't do it now. Blizzard doesn't need to nerf this, seeing as time will do it just as well.
Reply Quote
43 Human Paladin

384 ilvl http://youtu.be/v1i4BnY8PeQ
Edited by Hypokricy on 3/25/2013 11:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
"just green fire"

If it's not a big deal to you, then don't do it.

If it really matters, then get it done.

Not hurting your character to not have it

And it's not benefiting your character to have it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Gratz to those who have obtained the fel green quest but really, there's no need to belittle someone just because you think your epeen just got bigger.

Help and advice on how to defeat Kanrethad is wonderful but some of us warlocks don't know what spec is best or what stat we should be stacking in order to throw a better output on dps.

Why do people start the epeen argument then quickly ask for advice. So everyone who has downed it has an epeen now? I bet when you finally are able to down it, your epeen will get bigger. Argument is moot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]