[holy]-25man need help on healing!!

90 Human Paladin
Sup all,

First off, I want everybody to understand the angle i'm coming from when posting this. I used to play semi-hardcore back in WOTLK. When ICC came, i mastered the ways of the holy paladin and quit WoW after killing Arthas.

Now im back, and for the healers out there, holy spec has changed so much. The core of my raiding experience in MoP comes from LFR's, where I learned beaconing a tank and radiance/shock the raid with occasional direct divine lights got the job done pretty damn well.

So i jumped into my very first REAL 25-man raid today @ jin'rok ToT. If i focus on raid healing I can top meters (i know meters should be taken with a grain of salt, but I was curious at my performance). However, the tanks keep dying and I got switched to tank-sitting.

While focused on tank healing.... damn i dont really know where to start. I guess i'm just lost. The first few attempts from switching from raid to tank healing, the tank kept on dying. Most of the deaths were from full hp to 0. If i focus on tank healing, I can keep the tanks up better, but I drop in healing done. I remember 4-5 deaths were because I was trying to either: 1) holy light the tank 2) holy light raid 3) holy radiance raid 4) either divine plea sacing my throughput or bad timing of divine plea with glyph (i switched glyphs to play around). Maybe at most 2, at least 1 of the deaths was (and i forget if he was getting thrown or w/e the boss does) a 100%hp tank getting hit for ~65% of his health while im in the middle of casting a heal on someone else. SO when i switch to that tank and cast divine light, by that time he died. I know some neat stuff i can do in that situation is flash of light, but I wasn't using the glyph so I felt very-less inclined to use flash of light.

One attempt i had 93% of my overall healing on the two tanks while being second to last in heals. I was 5th (out of 6) on all attempts where i focused on tank healing.

The heal meter (my absorbs were around 11khps) would look sumtin like this when im tank healing:

Druid 1 : 60-70k hps
Shaman: ^same
Druid 2: ^same
Dis Priest: around 50k hps, 60k if absorbs
ME: hovering barely above 40k

I have read the guides on how to holy paladin on here, google, and mmo-champion. I feel like I need a more customized solution.

Comments, constructive critism, questions all welcomed!
btw: I recently server xfer'd so my armory probably isn't working.
Raid buffed stats: INT(~14.5k i use the int flask too) SPIRIT(12.5k) ilevel485
GEMS : gem all spirit, including spirit meta. I loved haste healing, is it still viable? (gem haste instead of spirit).
Edited by Holylightt on 3/25/2013 10:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/25/2013 10:18 PMPosted by Holylightt
Most of the deaths were from full hp to 0.

Most of the time this is the fault of the tank; they either didn't use a CD at the right time or they failed at a mechanic.

03/25/2013 10:18 PMPosted by Holylightt
If i focus on tank healing, I can keep the tanks up better, but I drop in healing done.

Are people staying alive? Good, your work is done, who cares about the healing done. Stick to your role and don't mess it up.

Maybe at most 2, at least 1 of the deaths was (and i forget if he was getting thrown or w/e the boss does) a 100%hp tank getting hit for ~65% of his health while im in the middle of casting a heal on someone else

Again, this is can sometimes be the fault of the tank, but more often than not it is an unlucky streak of boss hits that combo the tank down. Best advice is either anticipate it by pre-casting/chain-casting DLight of HLight, or being really good at throwing sub-2% LoHs out.

I remember 4-5 deaths were because I was trying to either: 1) holy light the tank 2) holy light raid 3) holy radiance raid 4) either divine plea sacing my throughput or bad timing of divine plea with glyph (i switched glyphs to play around).

Now, this comes with practice and situational-awareness. In times of rapid damage, use Divine Purpose (yes, you're allowed to use cooldowns whenever you feel necessary) and spam Divine Light/Holy Light/Holy Radiance.

Make sure you time your Divine Pleas with 'intermission' periods (e.g Just after a lightning storm on Jin'Rohk), and always tell your co-healers that you are doing it so they can pick up the slack.

I know some neat stuff i can do in that situation is flash of light, but I wasn't using the glyph so I felt very-less inclined to use flash of light.

Don't feel less inclined, just don't.

I loved haste healing, is it still viable? (gem haste instead of spirit).

With the release of Mists, healers have moved from the haste-stacking-HPS state of mind to a more conservative mastery/crit-stacking(depending on class)-HPM oriented one.

meaning, with haste you will use mana quicker; with mastery you will use mana more efficiently.

closing note:

Welcome to 25man raiding, where everything is overhealing and the meters don't matter.
http://i.imgur.com/GsCOKBb.png I had to
Edited by Snaj on 3/26/2013 3:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]