KSP Lords' Sale Thread (again)

90 Troll Warrior
03/27/2013 08:58 AMPosted by Chald
People purchase PVP title / glad carries all the time, for titles and mounts.

[

So does that mean if I kill someone who purchased Glad out in the open the title becomes somehow meaningless?

]

Devalued.

Sianl
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011646/

This is a forum section where many guilds/groups sell a large variety of PvE related things, including titles from bosses (like Sha of Fear), Gold Challenge Modes, etc. The majority of sales threads here are Challenge modes because most guilds are focusing on progression, but once the end of the tier comes about again, boss kills will be all over again. If PvE sales were illegal, people wouldn't so openly make threads about it. Not to mention, Blood Legion and other top 10 guilds make millions in sales. They stream their sale runs, I'm pretty sure a high-end guild wouldn't endanger their accounts getting banned.

Another reason why I can assure you PvE sales aren't illegal is probably because we can't wintrade with a boss. At the end of the day we still have to defeat the boss, we can't just ask Sha of Fear to let us win this week and we'll spare him of being beaten to a pulp the next. We are also not looking to play the person's account for them. They will either be asked to follow directions and try to avoid things that would cause damage to other raid members, or die in the corner so that they don't have to participate at all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
This is the way I see it:

The ED community (or at least those coming to this thread to post) see through what you are calling a simple exchange of goods and services. They realize that you are trying to monopolize on an aspect of the game, which may or may not be a harmful endeavor. However, please be aware that your reputation isn't spotless-- you came to ED to try and push these PVE related sales. You came to this server because you couldn't be number one on the server you originated on. Don't think for a moment some of us don't raise our brow at that. You try and mask selling mounts and carries as something good for the server, and something that's common, but personally, I don't really see it as that. There's a far cry between the PVE community on servers like Illidan, and the PVE community here on ED.

On a RP-PVP server, community generally becomes more important than progress, and by-in-large this is why you're flamed. You aren't enriching the server by selling guild invites, and you certainly aren't enriching the server when you sell carries. We're a PVP oriented server--as soon as you use the word carry or purchase, you immediately devalue whatever it is that you are selling, be it a title or a mount. Does this hurt other members of the community? Yes and No; though it has no direct impact physically, mentally and emotionally it does. I honestly expect whomever has said title is actually capable of the achievement--same holds true with mounts, and given the discussion in previous threads, and this thread as well, I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Selling guild invites for some pet or mount, feels like you're cheapening what a guild is meant for--though debating the definition of guild isn't going to get us anywhere, just know this; Guilds, in my opinion, should be groups of people with common goals and interests. They are social environments, and one should be joining a guild not because of some shiny pet, but because the guild fosters an environment that enriches gameplay. Having to buy into something like this completely boggles my mind, but other people are entitled to their own view and definition of a guild.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

This is a forum section where many guilds/groups sell a large variety of PvE related things, including titles from bosses (like Sha of Fear), Gold Challenge Modes, etc. The majority of sales threads here are Challenge modes because most guilds are focusing on progression, but once the end of the tier comes about again, boss kills will be all over again. If PvE sales were illegal, people wouldn't so openly make threads about it. Not to mention, Blood Legion and other top 10 guilds make millions in sales. They stream their sale runs, I'm pretty sure a high-end guild wouldn't endanger their accounts getting banned.

Another reason why I can assure you PvE sales aren't illegal is probably because we can't wintrade with a boss. At the end of the day we still have to defeat the boss, we can't just ask Sha of Fear to let us win this week and we'll spare him of being beaten to a pulp the next. We are also not looking to play the person's account for them. They will either be asked to follow directions and try to avoid things that would cause damage to other raid members, or die in the corner so that they don't have to participate at all.

Couldn't hold onto your facade anymore could you?

People aren't saying its illegal, they are saying its immoral. Immoral for the seller because it devalues the accomplishment that others have spent to achieve and immoral to the buyer because it promotes the thought that "money buys you anything" opposed to hard work.

Sianl

[

Its just as immoral as the digital genocide of countless Orcs and Gnomes that occur on a daily basis in our digital world.

What monsters we've become through our $15 a month.

]
Reply Quote
20 Gnome Warrior

People aren't saying its illegal, they are saying its immoral. Immoral for the seller because it devalues the accomplishment that others have spent to achieve and immoral to the buyer because it promotes the thought that "money buys you anything" opposed to hard work.

Sianl

[

Its just as immoral as the digital genocide of countless Orcs and Gnomes that occur on a daily basis in our digital world.

]

Its not genocide if they respawn.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

[

]

Its not genocide if they respawn.

[

I prefer to think of it as in-game reproduction. ERP has to have some sort of tangible benefit.

]
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
meh, Relaxed sold bear mount runs back in BC I don't know what they sold in WoTLK

I don't see a problem with it

just make fun of the people who buy it /shrug
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Hallo
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
This is the way I see it:

The ED community (or at least those coming to this thread to post) see through what you are calling a simple exchange of goods and services. They realize that you are trying to monopolize on an aspect of the game, which may or may not be a harmful endeavor. However, please be aware that your reputation isn't spotless-- you came to ED to try and push these PVE related sales. You came to this server because you couldn't be number one on the server you originated on. Don't think for a moment some of us don't raise our brow at that. You try and mask selling mounts and carries as something good for the server, and something that's common, but personally, I don't really see it as that. There's a far cry between the PVE community on servers like Illidan, and the PVE community here on ED...

I note Bael's post was longer I simply didn't have the room to post the whole thing.

We didn't come here to do sales, we came here because from Darkspear, which is unbalanced and has a ton of alliance. We also did consider the economy here. I'm not saying we consider it in terms of sales, but in terms of necessities, like gems, pant chants, enchants in general, herbs, ore, and the fact there were tcg mounts on this server showed there was a lot of room to grow on this server.

There are other servers like ED in economy like ED, but we can here because at the end of cata it was the most balanced server with a decent population/server activity. We also noticed there were other guilds who participated in PvE, meaning there would be a lot of opportunity to complete raids on alts since many of our main raiders can't raid outside of their main characters. ED didn't really have a guild doing sales, so yes it presented another reason to come here. Though, on the other hand, many people transfer to other servers in order to get their achievements/mounts/w.e they wanted, so that wasn't even close to a big part of a consideration when coming here. Like I said, we were looking for balance as well as an economy that could support a raid in general, not one that would support our sales.

Everything else everyone seems to have to say is controversial. Okay, so it's "immoral" to sell a product that we have worked for in order to pay for guild repairs and to be able to continue to do something we love. Someone who creates a JC panther sells their mount for 22k. Yes they paid for the orb of mystery, and after all the mats they can still make 1.5k for about ten minutes of work and a few days of just waiting for it to sell. You have to understand, we worked months for what we we're selling, as well as put in a bunch of gold for repairs, enchants, etc. Months. So is it really that immoral when we're selling what truly is a product as a guild? Possibly, but Blizzard doesn't think that poorly of it so they haven't banned it.

As for what a "guild" stands for it is a small group of people who have common interests and goals for us. But, the only way to sell the product that as a collective we have achieved is through guild invites. We're not asking someone to pay to get into the guild if their intention was to hang. We don't ask friends to pay for invites, but most of our friends are already committed guild which we're fine with. The only people outside of main raiders is literally 1 very good friend a raider RPs with, and maybe 5 IRL friends.

Sianl

Thank you for once again making unneeded comments. People were suggesting it was illegal, considering they were suggesting the thread was deleted due to sales being illegal, not the fact it was being spammed in by things that didn't pertain to the topic. And money does buy you many things, but not all, true. But, someone had to work hard for that gold like my guild has worked hard to progress through bosses.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
Thank you for once again making unneeded comments. People were suggesting it was illegal, considering they were suggesting the thread was deleted due to sales being illegal, not the fact it was being spammed in by things that didn't pertain to the topic. And money does buy you many things, but not all, true. But, someone had to work hard for that gold like my guild has worked hard to progress through bosses.

Where are your specific statements that are saying its illegal? I have reviewed this thread several times now and cannot seem to located these assumptions. I believe you have made an error and as such I will continue to provide 'positive' feedback until you discover this.

Sianl
Edited by Sianl on 3/27/2013 6:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The ED community (or at least those coming to this thread to post) see through what you are calling a simple exchange of goods and services. They realize that you are trying to monopolize on an aspect of the game, which may or may not be a harmful endeavor. However, please be aware that your reputation isn't spotless-- you came to ED to try and push these PVE related sales. You came to this server because you couldn't be number one on the server you originated on. Don't think for a moment some of us don't raise our brow at that. You try and mask selling mounts and carries as something good for the server, and something that's common, but personally, I don't really see it as that. There's a far cry between the PVE community on servers like Illidan, and the PVE community here on ED...

RoR used to sell full clears of Firelands and Dragon Soul. We came here long after we completed Dragon Soul on our backwater, !@#$ty server after the other competitor guild (nearly the same skill level) died off and quit raiding. We made it very clear, when we moved here, that we chose the server because the raiding scene here matched our idea of competition. We had no intentions of stealing server firsts or anything like that, we just wanted a place where we could compete happily with other guilds that were like us (Yes I know the guild is dead, plans didn't come into fruition after a terrible experiment).

While we sold full clears/mounts/titles, we also gave away a full package deal to someone via sweepstakes. We gave back to the community because they were so receptive of our arrival. We loved it so much that we gave a bonus run away due to all the positive that was shown.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6307502237?page=1

Our sales threads were never reported, nor were they deleted. There were no negative remarks or huge discussions over morals. Why suddenly sour?

I've seen nothing wrong with KSP's current presentation or their presentation of arrival. In fact, it nearly mimic'd the thread Scuttles made upon our (RoR) arrival here and on Emerald Drama. I don't really know how KSP members interact with people in-game, nor do I care, but the hostility and negativy here is completely un-warranted.

Good luck on the sales, fellas and gals. Not really sure why people are so butt-hurt over this topic suddenly, especially from those who "don't care lol"

-----------------------

just make fun of the people who buy it /shrug

I'll admit it was pretty funny when one of our buyers gloated about something they bought then someone, outside of guild, pointed out the blatant carry. It only happened once but I chuckled at the trade drama.
Edited by Graphite on 3/28/2013 5:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
03/28/2013 04:43 AMPosted by Graphite
that we chose the server because the raiding scene here matched our idea of competition.

So then you are terrible?
Reply Quote
So then you are terrible?

I guess? I enjoy raiding in a small period of time while getting as much done possible.

When we looked up Emerald Dream, we noticed there was a guild that was on track to a 0% heroic Madness kill (5% if anything), I believe it was "Riven"? There was also ACIDnation which was at 10% Madness. It was right where we were and it was a place where we could compete happily with other guilds, RP on alts or even have a nice competitive scene to work with in PvP. We took RP activity, battlegroup health and PvE health into consideration.

May I ask why you're on ED? Judging by posting trends, you seem to be the WPVP kind of guy. Do I roll around on the forums calling your form of enjoyment in the game "terrible" because I don't care for WPvP? No, I don't.

Your question was completely front-loaded and uncalled for. I could get into personal attacks about what you do and call you terrible but I don't (I guess I inadvertently did.)
Reply Quote
95 Blood Elf Paladin

Sianl

I find that comparing anything in a video game to being immoral is just down right stupid. It's a video game.

A.

Friking.

Video.

Game.

CALM DOWN NERDS.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
May I ask why you're on ED? Judging by posting trends, you seem to be the WPVP kind of guy. Do I roll around on the forums calling your form of enjoyment in the game "terrible" because I don't care for WPvP? No, I don't.

Your question was completely front-loaded and uncalled for. I could get into personal attacks about what you do and call you terrible but I don't (I guess I inadvertently did.)

Guilds that transfer here for PVE do so because the progression on this server overall is terrible. They can get realm firsts are instantly be the top or one of the top PVE guilds on the server in most cases. And if you don't care for WPvP then you are on the wrong server. This server's staple has been WPvP. You are taking my comment way to personal. If you say "you seem to be a WPvP kind of guy" and then ask me why I am here, then I suggest you may want to find a PVE server of some type, or a low pop realm that has slow progression.
Reply Quote
Guilds that transfer here for PVE do so because the progression on this server overall is terrible. They can get realm firsts are instantly be the top or one of the top PVE guilds on the server in most cases. And if you don't care for WPvP then you are on the wrong server. This server's staple has been WPvP. You are taking my comment way to personal. If you say "you seem to be a WPvP kind of guy" and then ask me why I am here, then I suggest you may want to find a PVE server of some type, or a low pop realm that has slow progression.

You are completely stubborn and read nothing. Have fun with arguing for the sake of arguing.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
03/28/2013 09:10 AMPosted by Graphite

You are completely stubborn and read nothing. Have fun with arguing for the sake of arguing.

[

You two are curious bedfellows in that regard.

]
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
/popcorn

~aeriku
Reply Quote
This thread is for our sales, not your ridiculous trolling/spamming. As you learn in kindergarten, "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it." Simple people.

Asking for a fight

Which by the looks of this thread, you got
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]