200k+ DPS on Tortos?

90 Human Paladin
I know it's possible. I know some people are great at it, but, my best is around 150k. Even if I used HA/ES, and nailed my rotation, I still don't manage anymore than that.

I've ranked on plenty of fights in ToT so far, but I can't seem to manage pushing ranks on this fight.

I'm really new to using WoL, but here is from last night:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/mjzwttn2ee7w5y0o/rankinfo/

Ranking info for Prot Paladins shows bottom rank at 206k. Is it from cleaving the bats in melee? I really don't know, but I'm curious.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
03/27/2013 11:23 AMPosted by Anton
Is it from cleaving the bats in melee?
'
Yes. I think I have a rank on the fight and there was a lot of time spent AoEing bats when they came in. If you really wanted to push ranks you would likely solo tank the fight and use your self heals to pull the bats in. You will need CDs for each bat spawn tho, and it will stress healers.
Reply Quote
94 Pandaren Warrior
Solo tanking or at the very keast making sure the bats are on top of the other tank for cleaves
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
rule of thumb on any boss with adds, you have to be aoeing to rank.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
1) Tank the boss.
2) When adds spawn, swap.
3) Enjoy your vengeance-fueled aoe destruction.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
1) Tank the boss.
2) When adds spawn, swap.
3) Enjoy your vengeance-fueled aoe destruction.

Within a few seconds of picking up the bats, you'd have plenty of vengeance regardless of whether you had been tanking Tortos previously.

Either 1-tank the fight, or have the DPS not hit the bats, and you'll be golden for ranking.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
03/27/2013 02:46 PMPosted by Brewhahanss
Within a few seconds of picking up the bats, you'd have plenty of vengeance regardless of whether you had been tanking Tortos previously.

On our best attempt so far (25N) the prot paladin was sitting at around 420K DPS . This was with bats tending to die just after the next wave of bats spawn. But he takes a lot of damage too.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
Turtle debuffed AoE + Solo tanking.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Turtle debuffed AoE + Solo tanking.

This. If you can spare the turtles for the damage boost, the numbers can get pretty high.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

Ranking info for Prot Paladins shows bottom rank at 206k. Is it from cleaving the bats in melee? I really don't know, but I'm curious.

A combination of saving your DPS cool downs for the bats, cleaving the boss while tanking the bats and DPS kicking shells into every set of bats. I did 208k DPS in 10man doing this the past week while 2 tanking it. I'd imagine Prot pallies could easily achieve the same with some gear, which you clearly have.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm never worried about ranking because the content is going down. I just feel like if I don't rank, maybe there are some things I'm doing wrong hehe.

I assumed as much regarding the bats, but I'd rather not die from getting hit in the back or missing a ShoR during a Snapping Bite, so I think we'll probably just continue to 2-tank it, especially with us on our way to Heroic Tortos.

Thanks again guys.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Have the co-tank bring the bats to you at the very least.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
It's the bats.

(almost 400k do do do do...)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]