5.3 - Protection Warrior FC/Tank POV

90 Orc Warrior
Hello World of Warcraft players on the forum, how are you all today? I just got done reading the upcoming changes to PVP In patch 5.3 and really not sure how I feel. When the first thing I noticed was "Players base resilience will now be 65%" I immediately thought, "OMG with my gear, I will be unkillable" WRONG.

-PVP Gems and Enchants are going to no longer be relevant, their are some "ups" and "downs" to this change. Let me give you my quick two cents on the matter.

-PRO: With PVP Resilience gems and enchants I'm currently at 68.20% PVP Resilience and roughly 440,000 HP. With my cool downs and gear in a battle ground or rated battleground it is tough for me to go down. I see a bright side to this idea, if the base resilience is going to be 65% than, wouldn't that mean if I stacked stamina (WOTLK Flashbacks) than wouldn't I be still an equally great FC?

-CON: The amount of time and money I spent on gems and enchants.

*This is my personal opinion on the matter showing you my "PROS" and "CONS" of the new system for PVP Implemented in Patch 5.3*

- How do you feel about the new changes?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I worry that you will need top-tier PvE raid gear as a PvP tank to be competetive (and simply gem/enchant with resil).

Unless Blizzard makes PvP power provide mitigation for tank specs, or provides an entirely new set of PvP tank gear, this looks like it's going to be the case.
Reply Quote
The upside is that we will only need to collect ONE set of gear to have BiS for pve, pvp, and wpvp!
Edited by Taunque on 3/26/2013 1:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I had a thread open about this earlier. I'm beyond confused as to what blizz is trying to do. I see no real common sense in it. My resil is 68.24% and giving everyone a passive 65% is simply a joke. This is nothing more than them bending to the !@#$%ing of PVE players being ganked while doing dailies. It's retarded and serves no purpose. I for see them doing the exact thing that Fine posted above, which is what they were trying to get away from!

These idiots never cease to amaze me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I had a thread open about this earlier. I'm beyond confused as to what blizz is trying to do. I see no real common sense in it. My resil is 68.24% and giving everyone a passive 65% is simply a joke. This is nothing more than them bending to the !@#$%ing of PVE players being ganked while doing dailies. It's retarded and serves no purpose. I for see them doing the exact thing that Fine posted above, which is what they were trying to get away from!

These idiots never cease to amaze me.

Resilience was awfully implemented in the first place.

This serves the purpose of ensuring that there is no huge survivability gap between new and veteran players in PvP. The gear ceiling will eliminate the use of PvE gear in arenas and RBGs.
Edited by Nakkiel on 3/26/2013 2:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Totally agree with this that's unbelievable what they are going to do with passive resilience.
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Death Knight
Yeah they're going to have to figure out how to deal with tanks, and healers too - pvp power pretty bad for both specs.

Imagine trying to take down a tank in full 496 raid gear plus 65% resil. Ew.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
The upside is that we will only need to collect ONE set of gear to have BiS for pve, pvp, and wpvp!

You're wrong - but hey, I won't try and make you read Blizzard's responses.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
PVP power affects the strength of tank's absorb abilities, and directly reduces the effect of battle exhaustion. BAM fixed. JK though Ill see you guys in raid gear real soon.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
So, is the current PVP Prot Warrior totally useless in 5.3? If I just used Strength and Defense gems, will that make any difference for me in RBG's? If my gear is going to be useless in 5.3 for RBG's, I want the = gear for arms in return! Why does Blizzard give-ith then take-ith away? I was finally feeling like I could play my warrior again. I have had her since Vanilla. As soon I like a class.... They get Nerfed!

Would switching to arms and all strength gems be a better FC?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
PVE geared Gaurdian Druids with 1 MILLION HP!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Don't forget about the whole

Picking up the Alliance or Horde flag while in a Rated Battleground now increases damage taken by 50% for characters in a tanking specialization, and increases damage taken by 20% for characters in a non-tanking specialization.

thing.
Edited by Cimno on 4/29/2013 10:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
I think I want to vomit now!
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Warrior
PVE geared Gaurdian Druids with 1 MILLION HP!

We Will be seeing everybody with 1 million hp real soon with PVE gear! even locks and priests!
Reply Quote
1 Orc Shaman
We Will be seeing everybody with 1 million hp real soon with PVE gear! even locks and priests!

I'm thinking that Blizzard should just give everyone "GOD" mode!! WPVP ... That's just about what it's coming to anyway.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
The gear ceiling will eliminate the use of PvE gear in arenas and RBGs.

Did everyone forget to read this part or something? Pvp gear is going to be the best for PvP. No more legendary weapons in arenas or bgs. Remember when every rogue wanting R1 needed the legendary daggers? That won/t happen anymore. Same goes to humans with heroic raid trinkets, they'll be scaled down. I am loving these changes.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
they also nerfed resil gems now...

ex. Steady Wild Jade

120 stam 160 resil > 120 stam 80 resil

maybe i did something wrong...blizz really wants to get rid of me
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
They said they didn't feel that RBG groups should be forced to have a tank.

Which is odd logic.

Why doesn't it apply to healers? Why not nerf healers so hard that you wont feel you need one?

Why not nerf PvE tanking so guilds dont feel they need a raid tank?

Haha, really? It's like they're making RBGs similar to arena in the way that tanks are obsolete. You obviously still need healers. Their logic is fine, yours on the other hand is whacky.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]