Prot vs. Ret

91 Human Paladin

The only IoT rare that's been any trouble for me, if I attempt to solo it, is Mumta because of his healing reduction debuff. SoI and HPri are amazing tools for soloing stuff.

What do SoI and HPri stand for? Those are two acronyms I've never heard before.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

The only IoT rare that's been any trouble for me, if I attempt to solo it, is Mumta because of his healing reduction debuff. SoI and HPri are amazing tools for soloing stuff.

What do SoI and HPri stand for? Those are two acronyms I've never heard before.

Seal of Insight and Holy Prism.
Reply Quote
91 Human Paladin
Ah. Do you guys use holy prism more? I use the execution one for ret and the hammer (aoe) for holy at the moment.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Holy Prism is way better than Execution Sentence for questing/soloing, because it both heals you and can hit multiple targets. I prefer it over Light's Hammer due to the shorter cooldown. Execution Sentence is more of a raiding talent.
Reply Quote
91 Human Paladin
Huh. I've used execution sentence because it can self heal over time with a big heal in it, and you can use it for extra dps on boss fights if needed. I never considered holy prisim. Works pretty well though. Will be great for big group pulls.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
By most Rets, it really is an under-appreciated talent; it's flexible, shiny, loaded with utility, and on a relatively short cooldown. Quite the handy little toy.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I don't have it because I'm just THAT lazy when it comes to switching out talents...but it really would be the better choice 95% of the time questing and such. With execution sentence you have to choose between healing or damage. Both Holy Prism and Light's Hammer will always do both. Seeing as how Light's Hammer has a longer cd, and really is designed for aoe damage/heals...holy prism just works out really good for questing. Pretty short cooldown, etc.
Edited by Bravehearth on 3/28/2013 8:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Human Paladin
Well thanks for all the tips and answers guys. Learned a lot through this post that I had no clue about haha.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]