Nokia (Android) phones and Wow Armory

90 Worgen Death Knight
I've been checking constantly to see if I can get the Armory on my phone, apparently it was accessible back in the day... but for SOME reason it was changed so that only Iphones and GooglePlay phones will work... dunno really what googleplay is, but I do know i'll never buy a Mac product ever... so just wondering if your ever gonna expand the allowed phones? or are those 2 companies paying you to keep it away from other providers? Nokia 710 Android phone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
google play replaced the android market app.

while i dont know for sure about your phone but check the android market app to see if it can upgrade it's self to google play/google your phone and google play compatability.

also my search for nokia 710 keeps coming back the lumia which is a windows phone... not an android phone.. so far i cant find an 710 android.
Edited by Shadofall on 3/27/2013 9:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Point your phone's browser toward play.google.com and see if you can download the apps. If you can't, complain to Nokia, not Blizzard.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
When your post includes,".... Dunno" I recommend you take a second to Google what you dunno. Chances are that you will find the answer you are looking for.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
also if you are refering to the Nokia Lumia 710 windows phone... then the Mobile amory has to my knowledge never been avalible on windows phones. only androids (be they samsung or motorola or htc) and ios platforms (apple),

the Mobile Authenticator on the other hand has been on other platforms outside to android/ios sphere.

so make sure you arnt confusing the 2 diffrent apps.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I went to the google store and tried that 1000 times, says my phones not updated but it is, I meant "dunno" as i dont know what kinda phone uses that store, i've read a ton of posts about the same thing n' figured its not possible, nokia has there own marketplace and google play wont let us download from their site. I downloaded the authenticator from the blizz website...why cant i do the same with armory?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Windows Mobile Phones are not supported.

AKA all the Nokia Lumia series is not supported.

If you want to use the WoW armory, either get yourself an Android operated phone, or an iPhone / iPod.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
This whole thread would be better for the mobile bug forum..

But.. one thing you can try, IF you are able to get someone who does have an android phone that can run it.. you could try backing it up on there and side loading it on yours.

Have them use a program to back it up.. say like ASTRO media browser.
backup the app.. should make it an .apk file.

Copy this file, to your android.. and try to run it.. it will try to install, etc.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage

Oh ?

https://us.battle.net/account/support/mobile-auth-download.html

Seems to suggest differently :

"Available on Zune® for Windows Phone 7 devices"

I am missing something here ?
Edited by Bluspacecow on 3/27/2013 9:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
This whole thread would be better for the mobile bug forum..

But.. one thing you can try, IF you are able to get someone who does have an android phone that can run it.. you could try backing it up on there and side loading it on yours.

Have them use a program to back it up.. say like ASTRO media browser.
backup the app.. should make it an .apk file.

Copy this file, to your android.. and try to run it.. it will try to install, etc.

the 710 is a windows phone...

03/27/2013 09:43 AMPosted by Bluspacecow

Oh ?

https://us.battle.net/account/support/mobile-auth-download.html

Seems to suggest differently :

"Available on Zune® for Windows Phone 7 devices"

Armory not authenticator
Edited by Shadofall on 3/27/2013 9:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
>_>

<_<

NVM /sneaks out of thread
Edited by Bluspacecow on 3/27/2013 9:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
SOrry, I missed as well, that is was a 710.

... how does he think a windows phone.. is an android o.O
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
SOrry, I missed as well, that is was a 710.

... how does he think a windows phone.. is an android o.O

some people refer to all smart phones as iphones

some refer to all mp3 players as ipods.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Guess its just not gonna happen then, way it goes sometimes. Thanks to those who helped.

"... how does he think a windows phone.. is an android o.O... "
I could ask you questions about boilers and heating systems you wouldn't know...but I realize that not everyone knows what I know...and because my life doesn't revolve around cellphones, there newest models and gimmicks... like some highschool girl might. I use this thing for work and work only...i hate cellphones honestly...i cant get away from my work :), wow's authenticator is the only app i use... and i only use it cause I got hacked a month into MOP. I'm good with a computer... but i could care less about cell phones really.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Guess its just not gonna happen then, way it goes sometimes. Thanks to those who helped.

"... how does he think a windows phone.. is an android o.O... "
I could ask you questions about boilers and heating systems you wouldn't know...but I realize that not everyone knows what I know...and because my life doesn't revolve around cellphones, there newest models and gimmicks... like some highschool girl might. I use this thing for work and work only...i hate cellphones honestly...i cant get away from my work :), wow's authenticator is the only app i use... and i only use it cause I got hacked a month into MOP. I'm good with a computer... but i could care less about cell phones really.

Realize that if you're asking a question and hoping to receive a response, it helps to use the correct words/terminology in your inquiry or else people may (rightfully) become confused. No need to belittle those trying to help you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I have a Nokia Lumia 920 2nd Gen, and I have been waiting for over three months for the mobile app. I realize there could be some legal issues and whatnot preventing it from being produced...But come on guys this is 2013. We're not using Windows ME, we're using an updated device and operating system. I just don't understand why there wasn't an app made as soon as they realized there was going to be a Windows 7 or Windows 8 based OS for mobile devices.JS
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
90 Tauren Druid
04/26/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Damnitlance
I just don't understand why there wasn't an app made as soon as they realized there was going to be a Windows 7 or Windows 8 based OS for mobile devices.

Because Blizzard's mobile team doesn't have the resources to port apps for underutilized OSs.

Yes, the Authenticator app is available - because it's simple. The WoW Remote app is far more complicated, and is only available for iOS and Android decides. And because of the size of other mobile OS market shares (or rather, lack thereof), it's likely to stay that way.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." -- Groucho Marx
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
04/26/2013 12:51 PMPosted by Pahanda
I just don't understand why there wasn't an app made as soon as they realized there was going to be a Windows 7 or Windows 8 based OS for mobile devices.

Because Blizzard's mobile team doesn't have the resources to port apps for underutilized OSs.

Yes, the Authenticator app is available - because it's simple. The WoW Remote app is far more complicated, and is only available for iOS and Android decides. And because of the size of other mobile OS market shares (or rather, lack thereof), it's likely to stay that way.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." -- Groucho Marx

This exactly. By covering ios and Android, that gets approximately 92% of the smartphone market. Everyone else is on the "other" section, with windows phone at a pitiful 1%. On top of that it is nowhere near as advanced as Android or ios, expensive to develop for, and simply not worth the development cost for such a small number of users.

Nokia has actually had to sell their headquarters and are contemplating exciting the phone market entirely simply because windows phone products are not competitive, and they are losing a ton of money.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]