Unable to Install WoW Client - SOLUTION (pg2)

90 Orc Death Knight
***POTENTIAL SOLUTION*** create a new admin account and try to download and install the client from the Battle.net site on there, should work on main account afterwards if it starts to install (courtesy of Hotnology)

I click on my WoW icon and the little updater opens up and does its thing and then when it stops... nothing happens. Every time. I tested Diablo III and it does the exact same thing. I tried rebooting and system restoring and nothing changes. I uninstalled WoW and then I go to Battlenet to download game client... nothing. Downloads from browser and opens up click okay and then absolutely nothing happens after that. Check task manager and system processes and there is nothing related to WoW or Blizzard.

What the hell.

Just tried installing StarCraft II and same thing. It's like my computer is just rejecting all Battlenet applications? Just stupid. Worked this morning. Only thing that changed was AVG updated but I system restored back two weeks after that.
Edited by Biledriver on 3/27/2013 10:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Same, I have been trying to log-in since 5pm, its 10:30pm now. Im so frustrated, I did everything you did, same result... what makes me so much more angry, is that most blue posts Ive read today have been basically telling us its OUR computers that are doing it, its an ADDON on our computer, or FIREWALL, or some other application BLOCKING it from working. Well, obviously that cant be true, because Ive done EVERY suggestion they've said to do, and I STILL get nothing but errors. Cant believe this right now. Happens to me EVERY.SINGLE.PATCH.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
It's pretty ridiculous. The ONLY thing on my computer that changed between when WoW worked today and when it stopped as an AVG update and I uninstalled AVG since then and system restored back two weeks just to be sure that that wasn't it. I think it has to be a Blizzard launcher problem because only Battlenet applications aren't working for me. I wasted my time with all the blue posts as well, all saying the same thing to delete the wtf folder and reboot with all your system services shut off etc. Nothing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Same issue here, I even deleted the cache and interface files, it wouldn't let me delete the WTF, then rebooted my system restarted wow, the loader updater zipped across then the wow "Play" interface opened, Said "Initializing" at the bottom left, then said "Up To Date" but it did not even update, no red to green bar at all. the fact that I deleted the cache or interface. it should have. I try to sign in anyway and get the same message as when the patch came in. The patch completely corrupted my WoW program. If I have to uninstall and reinstall I will miss my raids for this week.
Edited by Meithreus on 3/25/2013 11:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I went ahead and uninstalled and downloading the game client again right now. I hope this works, will get back to you either way
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Ok now I am ticked off. as you all see I am on the forums thus on the net and net is working fine. But the WoW set up is telling me it can not connect to the patch service check my internet connection.

Error: BLZAPPBTS00002 - We Could Not Connect to the Battle.net Patch Service

I have disabled the firewall completely, Windows is up to date. There's no excuse for this at all
Edited by Meithreus on 3/25/2013 11:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I uninstalled too but the problem is that we need the Blizzard laucher, the thing that wasn't working in the first place, to reinstall WoW. I literally can't install WoW now. The launcher does absolutely nothing for installing WoW, just as it did for trying to start it. What a joke.

Every time I try starting WoW/D3 I can see the Blizzard Launcher.exe enter the processes on task manager and then it just disappers and nothing happens.
Edited by Biledriver on 3/25/2013 11:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Man, I so sad I didnt get to play once, at least Im not the only one with these issues. Give me updates on what happens.

Uhg, seriously? This is a mess.. ridiculous.. I feel like we need more updates from blues about this before I go insane,.
Edited by Magicdolphin on 3/25/2013 11:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I uninstalled too but the problem is that we need the Blizzard laucher, the thing that wasn't working in the first place, to reinstall WoW. I literally can't install WoW now. The launcher does absolutely nothing for installing WoW, just as it did for trying to start it. What a joke.

Every time I try starting WoW/D3 I can see the Blizzard Launcher.exe enter the processes on task manager and then it just disappers and nothing happens.

Same thing here, except I get the error message above. I have checked my net, and everything is running just as it was before. This isn't a firewall or net issue. I think the reason it can't connect to the patch service is because the patch server is down.

Let's keep updating this post just incase they are reading it and need this info so they can fix this issue. I even checked my firewall setting prior to shutting it off and all of blizz and battle.nets listed were enable to pass thru the firewall without firewall interference, But I shut it down anyway. I only use one vs scan and it does not have a firewall I am only running a single firewall that is now disabled.

I am running a Dell Windows Vista 32 bit. but has had some upgrades
Edited by Meithreus on 3/26/2013 12:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Also tried downloading an older version, it still wont connect. They must be working on the server.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Aw, Im running windows 7 32 bit. Might have something to do with it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Still not working
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
No different this morning. Turning off subscription soon.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Yep, same. I still cant get on. This is so stupid, what do they expect from us?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
It's now installing and updating. Finally ! LOL

If you're still having problems I suggest unistalling wow, deleting WoW from your program files and simply go to Your Account, and redownloading and reinstall WoW. If you have addons it will not delete the WTF without going into program files and finish deleteing the wow folder. but make sure to unistall wow first. Then empty recycle bin, restart pc, Go to your account, download and reinstall WoW :)

I was back in WoW this morning but due to the install the ingame lag was a tad bit much.
Edited by Meithreus on 3/26/2013 11:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Same with me i reinstalled the game again and that took me a week to do while playing and now when i click the icon of wow and it wont take me to the hit play mini window it takes me straight to the log in screen and now when i entered my password and everything it says requires patch????
Reply Quote
Giving it a try again today.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Literally same exact problem i have. Started yesterday night after updating AVG since then i have uninstalled AVG and system restored to before the update. Still nothing...Funny that none of my blizz games that involve the launcher WOW, SC2, D3 will launch at all. Glad to know im not alone here. Blizz Fix!!!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Still nothing, just like the amount of support I'm recieving. I tried selective startup, I tried disabling AVG, I turned on secondary logon and did everything else I could find on all the other threads. Nothing. WoW is uninstalled on my computer, the folder was deleted, and when I download the game client from Battle.net site it downloads, I get a User Control popup that I click yes to, Blizzard Launcher Updater comes up and loads through and disappears AND THEN NOTHING HAPPENS.

This is ridiculous. I pay for this, don't I?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Any word Blizz??? I mean i have a raid that expects me to show up tomorrow!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]