Haunting Spirit... worst idea ever

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Using enchanting mats for gear constructions isn't so bad but the fact that you don't necessarily get the items you are looking for is a joke. Epics use to give void crystals/nexus crystals etc what ever the expansion was no matter what. The special items always came from raid trash. You wanted nether vortex, form a pug group and farm trash in SSC/TK; you wanted hearts of darkness, form a pug group and farm trash in Hyjal or BT; you wanted sun motes, go into SSC. In Wrath; crusader orbs, frozen orbs and runed orbs came off of bosses (which was ok since there were no LFR and many groups raided)-I think Primordial saronite came off of ICC bosses but can't remember. Cata was kind of silly because long before I got enough essense of destruction, I was in full T14 normal gear in both healing and dps specs with some heroic T14 pieces even. Now MoP is doing the same stupid crap but with the added lottery of random de'ing mats in hopes to get the Haunting Spirits you want and not the Sha Crystals you may get instead.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Or how you would have to be a complete idiot to waste your valor points on blood spirits. As oppose to spending your valor points on far better gear then you can craft with those very same blood spirits. Blood Spirits craft ilvl 496 gear compared to ilvl 522 gear the valor points are supposed to be paying for. Not Crafting items to make outdated gear.
Reply Quote
This just shows that next tier we need to go back to patterns dropping in raids so we don't get these dumb complaints.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
This just shows that next tier we need to go back to patterns dropping in raids so we don't get these dumb complaints.

Wow that is so full of "I am so much better then you" crap what blizzard should do is make each professions that can make stuff be self sufficient. So that any pattern they learn can be made by them with without have to rely on some one else to make any mats for them.
Reply Quote
83 Pandaren Monk
I dont remember crafting any epic gear via professions in cata+mop expansions to HELP US IN RAID PROGRESSION, by the time we got enough materials to craft them noone needed them, cos already a higher tier raid/dungeon was avaliable.

Same goes with new Blacksmithing 5.2 weapons, noone will ever use them, i remember in The Burning Crusade era people actually used them both in pvp/pve and they were very useful.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Crafting.... something we all want, but usually can't have (good current ones that is)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
You could actually farm blood spirits from LFR gear. You can't do that with haunting spirits.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Haunting spirits, imo, aren't really meant for profiting off the AH. It's meant for useless gear drops from ToT to be DE'd into something useful. At this point, we're getting at least 2/3 spirits per raid lockout.

Guild raids, gain spirits.
Guild places spirits in Guild Bank for later use.
Guildie "hey, can I get 6 spirits to make such and such?"
Withdraw spirits, make item.
Win.

Hell, I'm wearing crafted 522 boots right now.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
While blizzard brought a lot of thing forward and bettered them professions are still in the dark ages being held back because somebody else has to make a mat you need totally sucks. They need to make each profession independent of other ones so that there is no "you can not make that because you need somebodies mat from their profession".
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
It's an MMO. You are supposed to interact with others and not be wholly self sufficient.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
They need to make each profession independent of other ones so that there is no "you can not make that because you need somebodies mat from their profession".

i dont think ive ever disagreed more with a statement on these forums.

I think pretty much nothing of significance should be able to be made with 1 profession. Parchments for glyphs and velums for enchants should be made with leather, jewlers settings should be made by blacksmiths ect ect.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I think pretty much nothing of significance should be able to be made with 1 profession. Parchments for glyphs and velums for enchants should be made with leather, jewlers settings should be made by blacksmiths ect ect.

That's one of the best statements I've ever read on the professions forums.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

I agree with the former but not the latter. Settings should be made by JCs from bars or, wait for it .. Smelted.

My case for JC's- there were plenty of JC made settings in Vanilla/BC.

My case for Smelting - Heat up ore and pour into a mold, it's the same principle for a setting as it is a bar.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I just wish they would give LFR (current tier) a chance to drop these. I dont see any reason that LFR level raiders shouldnt have access to these since they can purchase 522 level gear using valor points. I dont think a 10% to 25% chance to get these from DEing 502 level items would be too game breaking.
Edited by Caeadiel on 4/16/2013 8:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
While blizzard brought a lot of thing forward and bettered them professions are still in the dark ages being held back because somebody else has to make a mat you need totally sucks. They need to make each profession independent of other ones so that there is no "you can not make that because you need somebodies mat from their profession".

Totally!. Having to use social interactions in a MMO is bad. Encouraging people to trade with each other in a social game is also bad.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
You could actually farm blood spirits from LFR gear. You can't do that with haunting spirits.

That would be false.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
SSC
It's stupid and almost no one will be making any of the crafted stuff. They may as well just not add the stuff to the game if they are going to be making it so hard to craft.

You can buy gear off the bmah for cheaper then it would cost to craft the 522 items.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Lot's of good points on this forum. Please keep in mind that crafting is one of many tools to gear up. The big complaint people have is the the AH prices are pretty unreasonable because there is a 'bubble' in the prices. A few raiders are taking advantage of the low supply prior to the first raid nerf to make some quick coin. At 17K on my server, these items aren't selling.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
even though the components and finish product are boe they really aren't intended to be all that available or purchased. Thats not the target anyway.

Its a guild effort or consolation prize for getting stuff you don't need. There really isnt supposed to be a lot of them. And as time goes on and those guilds don't need them anymore they sell them and as more guilds do they become more affordable. Then next tier they are super cheap and great for alts and stuff.

i think the way the patterns were learned this time around made it seem worse since people can learn the patterns without raiding so they have an expectation of being able to craft the items without raiding.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Would it really break the game if they made is so in patch 5.3 you could get HS from DE of LFR loot? World first races are already over. Why would anyone care if someone who only runs LFR can craft a 522 epic? I mean I know the price for HS will come down at some point. But does the item have to be useless first?
Edited by Caladoor on 4/17/2013 8:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]