Kind of confused about what to do(MW)

100 Pandaren Monk
So I got the staff from twin consorts, but i wanted to go MH/OH really but should I equip it anyway for the time being? Also im having no luck getting the horridon trinket so I was wondering if I should buy the 522 VP one?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
bump
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I can tell you that the 522 trinket is godawful. We get such low mana return, it really just isn't worth it, I don't think. There's actually a trinket breakdown for healers somewhere, but I can't be bothered to look it up.

As for the MH/OH vs TH, um, I would say test them both out. If you seem to be putting out bigger numbers with the two-hander, than go with that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
lol the 522 shado pan trinket gives us the most mana after horridon trinket.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
bump
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I love the Rep trinket on my shaman, going to be getting it next week on this guy(shaman has been shelved due to wonderful ToT mechanics).

Here is a breakdown of all the trinkets available to you:

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/trinkets/monkmistweaver

I would use the Rep trinket and the relic of chi-ji, and swap out chi-ji when you get the 522 horridon trinket. Try to stick to passive int, proc/on use spirit trinkets. That way the throughput is always there, and the procs/on use help smooth out mana. With proc int trinkets, your heals become spikey and they can go off when you're at a lull in damage.

And here is wowheads item comparison tool:

http://www.wowhead.com/compare

Put the staff in there, then put the mh/oh combo in there, set gems/enchants/reforges and compare the two stats.

522 staff *should* pull ahead of 522 MH/510 OH combo, unless the 165int OH enchant makes up for the 12 ilvl offhand difference. The 522 MH/OH combo should be better than the staff though once you get it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Some quick numbers:

From your current setup vs. Suen-wo(522):

MH/OH gains: 401 int, 241 spirit, 357 crit.

Staff gains: 847 mastery, 105 haste, 1376 spell power.

Soulblade of the Breaking Storm(522) + Fan of the Fiery Winds(double upgraded heroic) vs Suen-Wo(522):

MH/OH gains: 30 int, 535 spirit, 431 crit, 1 raw spell power

Staff gains: 172 sta, 847 mastery, 105 haste.

In this case, I would actually go 522 1h/510 OH over 522 staff. I can run some numbers for other weapon combos if you want, though.

The staff is kind of bad, having no spirit or crit(our two best stats), and tons of haste/mastery(our two worst stats), but the raw SP should be a throughput buff over the mh/oh combo. Also, if you shoot for the next haste breakpoint for another ReM tick, the haste might be more valuable to you from the staff.
Edited by Yuenwooping on 3/27/2013 6:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I ultimately want MH/OH but for right now the only upgrade I have is that staff and am not sure whether or not to equp it just for the meantime.It will be replaced.Just dont want to waste an enchant and extra socket gold if its not worth it for the time being.
Edited by Shortykungfu on 3/27/2013 7:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Last Gasp is supposedly pretty good assuming you don't get screwed by RPPM. SPM trinket's decent.

Remember too that if you do any significant amount of fistweaving, the staff should have higher DPS than the mh/oh.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
How close is your guild to clearing normal ToT? Or have you already? Only healer offhands are off iron qon and lei shen.

522 MH/OH vs 522 Staff:

MH/OH gains: 183 int, 854 spi, 569 crit.

Staff gains: 847 matter, 411 haste.

MH/OH is significantly better than that staff, and staff vs your current MH/OH combo is a throughput buff(~900sp), but a MP5 loss(241 spirit). Its a pretty minor upgrade, but if you wont be getting iron qon down any time soon, than it might be worth it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
lol the 522 shado pan trinket gives us the most mana after horridon trinket.

You seem to misunderstand me. What I'm saying is, I'm an idiot, and need to stop listening the guy who keeps giving me horrible advice. Come on, man, read!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]