[Druid] Patch 5.3 PTR FoN Changes

90 Night Elf Druid
A small patch was added this evening and had a rather heavy change to the Force of Nature talent.

Force of Nature- Summons a Treant which will immediately cast Swiftmend on your current target. The Treant will cast Healing Touch on that target or a nearby ally every 3 sec, healing for 3201 to 3779 (+ 32.3% of SpellPower) every 3 sec. Lasts 15 sec. Maximum 3 charges.

As this is not currently implemented on the PTR, this is mainly some guesswork:

So, the cooldown is still 1 minute. You get 3 Treant "charges" that you can use at your own discretion. You can blow them all at once, or you can stagger them out. The Treant now immediately casts Swiftmend (assuming a Rejuv is present on the target) while still chain-casting Healing Touch. It is currently unknown if this includes the ground effect, but considering the ground effect is considered a part of Swiftmend's healing it may be included. There is currently not another spell for Swiftmend in Wowhead's database so it may be safe to assume the SM cast by the Treant is at the same level as the Druid's (unlike Healing Touch which has its own spell coefficient for Treants).
Edited by Juvenate on 3/25/2013 6:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
5 Blood Elf Rogue
So does each charge only cast 1 swiftmend? That would be amazing if the ground effect was included since efflorescence is built into a normal druids swiftmend. This would really help with tank healing being able to cast a swiftmend on demand and if efflorescence is included that would help with raid healing.
Edited by Durant on 3/25/2013 7:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I somewhat doubt it will proc efflorescence. Seems like it would make the treants way stronger than the other options if it roughly doubled efflorescence (I'm assuming you will generate one treant every 20 seconds) in addition to the other healing they do. Also, being able to drop four efflorescence at once with your own swiftmend and summoning all three treants in quick succession would probably be a bit much.

Well, unless the treant efflorescence wasn't as strong as the druid's one. That could work maybe.
Edited by Asthas on 3/25/2013 7:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Treant heals don't scale with Mastery, only Haste, Crit, and Spellpower. So they should be a bit weaker than your standard Swiftmend.

When you take into consideration that you are giving up SotF or Incarn I don't see it being very OP, but being possibly a much more viable option than the current talent.
Edited by Juvenate on 3/25/2013 7:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
5 Blood Elf Rogue
tree calc says a sotf wild growth is 200k more healing than a non-sotf one. Treats right now heal for like 300k every min. Dunno how op it will b tbh, FoN is very underwhelming currently.
Edited by Durant on 3/25/2013 8:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
So does each charge only cast 1 swiftmend? That would be amazing if the ground effect was included since efflorescence is built into a normal druids swiftmend. This would really help with tank healing being able to cast a swiftmend on demand and if efflorescence is included that would help with raid healing.

That sounds outstanding, but I don't think they'll include efflorescence with it. It might just be the Swiftmend's heal, mirroring what our t12 4 set did.
Edited by Rejuvenate on 3/25/2013 9:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
5 Blood Elf Rogue
That sounds outstanding, but I don't think they'll include efflorescence with it. It might just be the Swiftmend's heal, mirroring what our t12 4 set did.

If it mirrors out 4 pce then it would have efflorescence...

If there are only 3 charges and they only swiftmend once on cast that means its 3 extra swiftmends/efflorescence a min and they won't heal as hard as our normal swiftmends. They're gonna need to do something like that to make it compete with tree form and sotf those are big throughput talents, 1 sotf WG alone almost does equal bonus healing as treants, which is a 1min cd, according to tree calcs.
Edited by Durant on 3/25/2013 9:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
03/25/2013 09:35 PMPosted by Durant

If it mirrors out 4 pce then it would have efflorescence...

It didn't, it was simply a Swiftmend proc without the efflorescence. If it did it would've made Dragon Soul hilariously awesome with it though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I hate FoN. I hope it stays bad. Honestly I don't want to hit a button even minute to have trees heal for me. I am a healer, I can do it myself thank you.

I rather them see lining up SM with WG for once we lose T14.

Or making Incarnation more desirable over SoTF.

As of right now - SoTF > All.
Reply Quote
I hate FoN. I hope it stays bad. Honestly I don't want to hit a button even minute to have trees heal for me. I am a healer, I can do it myself thank you.

I rather them see lining up SM with WG for once we lose T14.

Or making Incarnation more desirable over SoTF.

As of right now - SoTF > All.

That's the nice part about the new talent system. You pick the talents that appeal to you.

If you don't like Force of Nature, then take one of the other two talents. But don't complain and hope that a bad talent stays bad just because you don't want to take it. I like the idea of having mini healing buddies that can help out in a pinch, but the talent currently doesn't compete with SotF or Incarnation right now. Buffing it means that we get more of a choice, you're still free to not choose it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
FoN = PvP
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So here's a breakdown now that I have tested the talent.

-FoN features 3 Treant charges.
-Each charge has a CD of 20 sec.
-You can only "recover" 1 charge at a time.

Ex: You blow all 3 at once. 20 sec is up, you get 1 charge back. Another 20 sec, another charge.

-You can keybind FoN to target a friendly raid frame (similar to normal spells).
-When you cast it, the Treant immediately casts SM followed by chain casting HT for the next 15 seconds.
-Rejuv DOES NOT need to be present on the target.
-I didn't notice any lag that plagued previous FoN builds.

Here's a picture.

https://twitter.com/WTSHeals/status/316699751930265601/photo/1

As far as power in concerned.

Hamlet from EJ has mathed it out. Each Treant SM is roughly 1/7 of the power of a traditional SM. For me, the direct heal did 11.7k and each tick was roughly 1.5k.

-I got 6 direct heals from the Treant at 14285 with no Haste buff present. I was at 3095 Haste. I got 8 ticks of SM (again no Haste) confirming the ground effect scales appropriately with Haste.

A rough estimate is that healing of this ability was increased by 1/3 when all is said and done. The great thing about it is it's flexibility. You can choose to blow all 3 at once for heavy raid damage or you can choose to stagger them for light-medium damage.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
That looks tasty. I might take it for the flexibility - I don't like having to tie my WG to SM when using SotF, and Incarnation is, frankly, kind of boring. It's also a bit too much packed into a single CD for my tastes.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Interesting to say the least.

Still not sure how viable that is.
1/3 the healing of SM/Effl..Granted it's our best aoe/stacked ability..if you blow all 3charges at once it's essentially a second SM/Efflo..Nice for burst heals, if stacked...

I dunno..Will need significant testing and my early guess is that sotf will win out rather easily when we're sitting at our next breakpoint, which isn't too far off.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Sotf is such a huge hps increase even if the treants did a full SM with the ground effect it would still be close, especially when you factor in how controllable Sotf WG is, and the fact that if a mechanic forces the healed player to move WG goes with them (duh its a buff) where as the ground effect from SM does not.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
If they change the SM to heal the normal value of a SM, but without Efflorescence i will completely stop thinking bad about my class.

Having a talent that can give us 1 extra SM every 20 sec, means that we can be viable tank healers if necessary, not the best but way more viable then we are right now.

This would make us go for ToL for fights with specific predictable high damage phases, or to when you have phases of medium damage that you want to use less mana to heal, then we would have SoTF for pure HPS purposes, that we would use mostly in fights were there is raid wide damage often that we can cover with SM+WG, and FoN that we can use on fights were tanks are the problem, giving us: SM + NS + 3 extra SM for when things gets ugly that doesn't require Reju.

It would be the PERFECT talent in my opinion.
If it keeps this 10k heals, it will be useless and we will keep never picking it.

But if they change it for real extra SM's, then it will be great.

And yes, i'm talking in a 10-m perspective, were you might not have the ideal healer composition, and all healers have to reach a more generalist approach, because of movement, range, mechanics, so there is less hard assignments then in 25-m.

Seriously, all this time i said that the problem with druids is that we lacked ways to avoid wipes, giving us 3 instant heals that we have great control over the CD is something that covers nicely this function. ( Please blizz, increase the SM heal part, remove efflorescence, reduce the tree healing, maybe add some mana cost, but please make it a full SM when used and i will really love you all <3 )
Edited by Sàtàn on 3/27/2013 2:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
5 Blood Elf Rogue
03/26/2013 05:13 PMPosted by Juvenate
Hamlet from EJ has mathed it out. Each Treant SM is roughly 1/7 of the power of a traditional SM. For me, the direct heal did 11.7k and each tick was roughly 1.5k.

11.7k lol? on a tank with 600k hp no thnx, buff that to at least 50k
Edited by Durant on 3/27/2013 12:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Even if the SM healed at normal SM levels it wouldn't be OP. In the current build, FoN still only contributes about 1/2 the healing SotF provides within 1 minute. Treant SM's need to hit harder.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
11.7k lol? on a tank with 600k hp no thnx, buff that to at least 50k

I'm not sure how much they heal for, but you do have to consider that the Treants are spamming Healing Touch on top of the Efflo as well. It's not just the Swiftmend you get from this talent.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]