5.3 -Spriest Please hit them with the NerfBat

1 Human Warlock
The proof is in the pudding. Rep don't lie.

We all know why Spriests are Godly. It is time to take action.

1) LIFE SWAP
2) MASS DISPEL to remove important CCs from healers
3) Offhealing + Shielding + VE healing

Make them as desirable as a warlock or an elemental shaman or a boomkin. Kthnxbye.

Edit: This is about Shadow Priests in PVP.
Edited by Vesperlynd on 3/31/2013 3:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

Make them as desirable as a warlock or an elemental shaman or a boomkin. Kthnxbye.

LOL got beat by a shadow priest because my shadow cleave failed, going to the forums.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
SPriest are currently very good, probably on the borderline between being great and OP.

I don't think any drastic measures need to be taken other than slight tweaking.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
And you're on a level 1 forum troll toon. If you're going to ratings bash, at least have some ratings yourself.

On topic, shadow isn't actually the culprit here. The problem is actually the plethora of instant cc available in the game. This makes Mass Dispel a necessity to keep your healer out of cc. While I do agree that Mass Dispel could be nerfed in the form of a longer CD, I don't think that will hinder the rep of priests.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
yes lets gut what utility shadow priests still have so no one takes them in progression raiding

or did you forget your stupid esport nerfs have consequences ?

Cry me a river. One of the most cheesiest classes with dispersion/hym of hope/solid off-healing with Cascade/PoM and VE when needed and not to mention one of the very few who could bring Spell Haste.

You are in no danger of being replaced in progression raiding if they gut one or all three of the above mentioned.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
And you're on a level 1 forum troll toon. If you're going to ratings bash, at least have some ratings yourself.

To be fair, I didn't start it. His post was a troll attempt void of any useful information.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
On topic, shadow isn't actually the culprit here. The problem is actually the plethora of instant cc available in the game. This makes Mass Dispel a necessity to keep your healer out of cc. While I do agree that Mass Dispel could be nerfed in the form of a longer CD, I don't think that will hinder the rep of priests.

One minute cool down on Mass Dispel for Shadow Priests
Life Swap transferring at most 50% of the current HP of higher HP party involved in the swap.

That would be a good start and won't affect PVE progression in any significant way, shape or form.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
slightly off topic: But if Mass Dispel were to dispel Unstable Affliction off of multiple people, would the Priest take damage from each UA dispel?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
And what makes you an authority on what would be a good way to nerf shadow? I won't claim to know the answer on how to nerf shadow but I don't think throwing out ideas based on your opinions is the right path. I trust Blizzard and more experienced pvpers to come out with a better ideas then something a level 1 warlock posted.

Shadow isn't what's stopping you from becoming better. People are to quick to point fingers at a highly represented class when they lose a match.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
To be fair, I didn't start it. His post was a troll attempt void of any useful information.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Honeyrider/advanced

You come to the forums and complain, you QQ, that is all you are.

"Cry me a river. One of the most cheesiest classes with dispersion/hym of hope/solid off-healing with Cascade/PoM and VE when needed and not to mention one of the very few who could bring Spell Haste"

Example of you.
Edited by Mindplague on 3/25/2013 9:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
way to effectively quote me out of context.

"Cry me a river. One of the most cheesiest classes with dispersion/hym of hope/solid off-healing with Cascade/PoM and VE when needed and not to mention one of the very few who could bring Spell Haste

You are in no danger of being replaced in progression raiding if they gut one or all three of the above mentioned."

You come and troll. That is all you are.

You have no experience in rated PVP. And you have not provided one ounce of useful information pertinent to the topic. LOL troll.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
People are to quick to point fingers at a highly represented class when they lose a match.

That is a very good indication. It is most definitely a good place to start investigation. There is something wrong when Spriests are preferred to an ele shaman/boomkin or a warlock in 3s.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stats-compsrepartition-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0.html

The top 8 comps includes a Priest and Spriests are equally or even better represented than Disc priests.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
03/25/2013 10:20 PMPosted by Vesperlynd
People are to quick to point fingers at a highly represented class when they lose a match.

That is a very good indication. It is most definitely a good place to start investigation. There is something wrong when Spriests are preferred to an ele shaman/boomkin or a warlock in 3s.

While I won't question the strength of Void Shift (although if the other team is good enough at reacting, it can backfire), I feel like the answer to your question is due to the relative strength of boomkin and elemental.

I have less experience with boomkin, but ele at least has always suffered in small scale arenas thanks to their vulnerability to being focused. It has gotten better with the addition of SR to their toolkit, however they are still EXTREMELY vulnerable to interrupts and CC. Additionally, some of their toolkit is actually better utilized with other specs (It is harder to effectively use Capacitor Totem as Elemental than it is as Enhancement, for example).

As for boomkin, I'll let someone more "in the know" about the spec give input. From what little I have seen in the past, they also suffer from vulnerability to CC with their only upside being the one-trick pony of Solar Beam + Vortex (which is more of an RBG thing, in terms of effectiveness). They can be more elusive, sure, but yeah.

I think the trend of Spriests being so popular in 3s is pretty simple to explain. Despite all of the nerfs, instant CC and burst damage are still higher than what we have seen in the past. Spriests fill a very necessary need in that they provide some decent CC alongside strong burst offhealing. Keep in mind that our strongest utility abilities require either setup (VE) or a long cooldown (Void Shift, and to an extent VE). I'm not sure what the answer is for Mass Dispel, but I do feel like to remove it in a world with so much insta-CC would be about as effective as attempting to remove silences in a world with instant cast heals.

IOW, something for another expansion when they decide to make such major changes.

Don't bother to check my XP. While I have around 150-200k HK's on my account, I have not PvP'd much seriously since Vanilla. I do attempt to stay abreast of info as it becomes available, but I rarely have the time to put in to do anything worthwhile in that environment.

We have taken several nerfs already in regards to our PvP toolkit, and as a standalone I do feel that we are in a good spot right now. The problem is that without something resembling a spriest, arenas would be a very unsettling place right now. I'm afraid this is the "new RMP," as it were, in terms of "this is what happens to work the best for the current world we play in."
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Remove the horror effect on dispelling Vampiric Touch.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
03/25/2013 10:39 PMPosted by Erebos
I think the trend of Spriests being so popular in 3s is pretty simple to explain. Despite all of the nerfs, instant CC and burst damage are still higher than what we have seen in the past. Spriests fill a very necessary need in that they provide some decent CC alongside strong burst offhealing. Keep in mind that our strongest utility abilities require either setup (VE) or a long cooldown (Void Shift, and to an extent VE). I'm not sure what the answer is for Mass Dispel, but I do feel like to remove it in a world with so much insta-CC would be about as effective as attempting to remove silences in a world with instant cast heals.

That is the thing. They have too many things going for them. And they complement most comps so well that they overshadow other DPS casters.

For the sake of argument, let's say they are well rounded and an ideal DPS caster. Balanced as a single entity. If they mesh well with most comps that they overshadow other DPS casters, how do you maintain balance. They bring top tier DPS (not out of line) and decent CC. Neither an ideal candidate to nerf. That leaves utility and support. Either you buff every other class to provide the same amount of utility that a shadow priest brings, or remove something from spriest. I honestly feel latter is the way to go.
Edited by Vesperlynd on 3/25/2013 11:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
slightly off topic: But if Mass Dispel were to dispel Unstable Affliction off of multiple people, would the Priest take damage from each UA dispel?

Yes
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
yes lets gut what utility shadow priests still have so no one takes them in progression raiding

or did you forget your stupid esport nerfs have consequences ?

Cry me a river. One of the most cheesiest classes with dispersion/hym of hope/solid off-healing with Cascade/PoM and VE when needed and not to mention one of the very few who could bring Spell Haste.

You are in no danger of being replaced in progression raiding if they gut one or all three of the above mentioned.

your the one crying aren't you? Sounds like a case of "lost to Spriest cry to forums"
Edited by Turmoyl on 3/26/2013 12:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]