5.3 -Spriest Please hit them with the NerfBat

90 Undead Death Knight
I just think priests have too many burst counters compared to other healers and are a bit too strong right now when facing teams without an offensive dispel
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Remove the horror effect on dispelling Vampiric Touch.

No, but if they could make it not share DR like similar effects that would be cool...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Like how this dude has played literally thousands of arena matches but has yet to hit glad. Says he is being quoted out context, and strawmans to a different argument. The best part is when asks for priest nerfs so locks look better. Yep, these are the damage dealing forums, the OP is just mindlessly crying.

E: oh a lock trying to say spriests have to much going on for them as far utility goes. Thought I was reading the "mages have no utility" thread. At least that thread is more entertaining!
Edited by Mindplague on 3/26/2013 6:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
03/25/2013 11:07 PMPosted by Vesperlynd
I think the trend of Spriests being so popular in 3s is pretty simple to explain. Despite all of the nerfs, instant CC and burst damage are still higher than what we have seen in the past. Spriests fill a very necessary need in that they provide some decent CC alongside strong burst offhealing. Keep in mind that our strongest utility abilities require either setup (VE) or a long cooldown (Void Shift, and to an extent VE). I'm not sure what the answer is for Mass Dispel, but I do feel like to remove it in a world with so much insta-CC would be about as effective as attempting to remove silences in a world with instant cast heals.

That is the thing. They have too many things going for them. And they complement most comps so well that they overshadow other DPS casters.

For the sake of argument, let's say they are well rounded and an ideal DPS caster. Balanced as a single entity. If they mesh well with most comps that they overshadow other DPS casters, how do you maintain balance. They bring top tier DPS (not out of line) and decent CC. Neither an ideal candidate to nerf. That leaves utility and support. Either you buff every other class to provide the same amount of utility that a shadow priest brings, or remove something from spriest. I honestly feel latter is the way to go.

If you strip away our utility, all you do is kill this type of comp. As I said, the problems lie with elemental shaman and boomkins... not with spriests. The nerfs we have eaten thus far have been harsh, and they directly impacted our toolkit (instant burst, which countered how easily we are trained, and anti-CC in Phantasm)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
1861 - highest rating achieved in lifetime with zero PVP experience this season.

I'm going to chalk this one up to ignorance and the fact that you are a priest and don't want to get nerfed. I understand where you are coming from. But sorry! SPriests are in dire need of being toned down.

Oh armory trolling eh? Let's see your 90s

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Honeyvader/simple -No pvp experience in MoP
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mannoroth/Shatterbox/simple - Fotm reroll
And finally the main
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Honeyrider/simple - No pvp experience in MoP

Cool.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Someone just got slappppppped..

Oh, and he never asked why shadow was so popular (he just listed random abilities). If one used critical thinking one might have concluded that disc just isn't as popular as it use to be? Or perhaps underpowered? LOL representation arguments.
Edited by Mindplague on 3/26/2013 4:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
If you strip away our utility, all you do is kill this type of comp. As I said, the problems lie with elemental shaman and boomkins... not with spriests. The nerfs we have eaten thus far have been harsh, and they directly impacted our toolkit (instant burst, which countered how easily we are trained, and anti-CC in Phantasm)

Care to explain how your instant burst was nerfed? If anything they buffed Shadowform and the optional talent Power Infusion. They reverted Devouring Plague Nerf. They significantly buffed Insanity. The only nerf Spriests received was the glyph of mind spike where instant mind spikes don't result in cast time reduction of mind blast. If anything their dmg was improved.

Phantasm was a huge pain in the !@# annoyance talent and had to be nerfed to match the purpose of it's competing talent choices.

They suspected Spriests would be the next spec under spotlight once they fixed the skill less KFC. And they are not wrong.

Visit the arena forums/arena junkies forums if you want to learn where shadow priest stand and it pretty much the penthouse suite of PVP.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8480648202
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8415141841
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8411101136

They will be nerfed. I'm confident. The three suggestion in the OP is more of what the receiving end of the spectrum mostly think needs to be changed. It is not just my views. Many people share. If you have something intelligent and pertinent to the discussion, feel free to say regardless of whether you agree or disagree. That would be a welcome read.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
1861 - highest rating achieved in lifetime with zero PVP experience this season.

I'm going to chalk this one up to ignorance and the fact that you are a priest and don't want to get nerfed. I understand where you are coming from. But sorry! SPriests are in dire need of being toned down.

Oh armory trolling eh? Let's see your 90s

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Honeyvader/simple -No pvp experience in MoP
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mannoroth/Shatterbox/simple - Fotm reroll
And finally the main
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Honeyrider/simple - No pvp experience in MoP

Cool.

owned...
Edited by Fayte on 3/26/2013 5:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
owned...

Thanks for bump.

Oh wait! aren't u the priest from page 1 Turmoyl
Edited by Vesperlynd on 3/26/2013 5:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
03/26/2013 04:42 PMPosted by Mindplague
Someone just got slappppppped..

Like how? Proving I have better credentials than either of you to talk about PVP? If only gladiators are allowed to talk, then what makes you think what you say holds any credibility?

At least am presenting a problem. Providing rep stats as supporting documents. Discussing rationally with ppl who have something useful to say.

This is the last post am addressing you. I thought I should take the high road and not respond to you but your constant troll attempts and going after the WHO completely disregarding the WHAT of the topic has tempted me to attempt to show you your place.

A shadow Priest with Zero PVP Experience commenting on others who have decent PVP experience over multiple seasons. Sure 2300 is not glad but it indicates some form of experience and understanding of how pvp works and rep means.

You are 1/16 h Strictly PVE experienced shadow priest with not more than 4 WoL Ranking Parses to your name and who gets consistently beat by the other slightly lower geared shadow priest in the guild. Meh! Better than average, but nothing pops out.

Edit: Oh yeah! Bumpty bump.
Edited by Vesperlynd on 3/26/2013 5:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
03/26/2013 04:55 PMPosted by Vesperlynd
Care to explain how your instant burst was nerfed?

LOL the glyph you mentioned, dur?

They reverted Devouring Plague Nerf.

What Nerf, there was a sustained dps buff for DP at one point?

They suspected Spriests would be the next spec under spotlight once they fixed the skill less KFC. And they are not wrong.

What are you talking about? They said before PTR for 5.2 that they suspected shadow was under the radar. They already dealt with Shadow, so adapt and over come.

The only nerf Spriests received was the glyph of mind spike

I have this feeling you have no idea what you're talking about. Shadow received several nerfs.

If you have something intelligent and pertinent to the discussion, feel free to say regardless of whether you agree or disagree.

You say people are for cheesy spec because they play a priest, and call them trolls if they disagree with you
Edited by Mindplague on 3/26/2013 5:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock

You say people cheesy spec because they play a priest, and call them trolls if they disagree with you

You have done nothing but troll. And you are the only one I called out as a troll.

Read what I said again. I mentioned everything about a shadow priest that made them a great addition to the raid team while progressing through tier 5.0 raids. Dispersion and Symbiosis Dispersion helped cheese a lot of content on heroic difficulty. I played with a shadow priest and feral druid. And the I proceeded to say they have nothing to worry about raid spot if the three things mentioned in my Opening post took a hit.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
If only gladiators are allowed to talk, then what makes you think what you say holds any credibility?

The pot calling the kettle black? By the way, if shadow was as powerful as you say it is this early in the season, don't you think there would be droves of people lining up to QQ? Last time something like that happened, was S5 with DKs. Get over your self.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
They buffed our sustained damage. I made it very clear that the damage nerf we took was in regards to instants ,which is something we were too good at in PvP. We are now in line with other casters.

The sustained damage buffs we gained leave us very open to lockouts (more so than some other classes)

Edit:

The fact of the matter is that representation does not mean something is OP or UP. I am sick of that being a balancing point. The class is fun. It is about as simple as that. I'm sure mages would be even more popular than they are now if they were fun to play.

Any dev talks about spriests being over the top was pre 5.2, as already stated. They already nerfed us a fair amount in PvP. If you can bring proof beyond just representation to the table of how we are imbalanced, please do so.
Edited by Erebos on 3/26/2013 5:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
03/26/2013 05:50 PMPosted by Mindplague
If only gladiators are allowed to talk, then what makes you think what you say holds any credibility?

The pot calling the kettle black?

And lacks reading comprehension.

You said "Like how this dude has played literally thousands of arena matches but has yet to hit glad" in one of your previous posts. And somehow that makes me less qualified to comment about shadowpriest OPness. I was merely responding to that.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
An attempt to redirect to topic at hand.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8411101136
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8480648202
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8415141841
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
03/26/2013 02:38 AMPosted by Woaden
Remove the horror effect on dispelling Vampiric Touch.

No, but if they could make it not share DR like similar effects that would be cool...

It doesn't DR with anything. It also CCs everyone around the dispeller. It's straight up bull!@#$ and it's not needed - spriests arent really a DOT class any more.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Show me on this hooker where the bad shadow priest touched you
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
They reverted Devouring Plague Nerf. They significantly buffed Insanity. The only nerf Spriests received was the glyph of mind spike where instant mind spikes don't result in cast time reduction of mind blast. If anything their dmg was improved.

You lost all validity with this comment. let me teach you exactly why you are wrong. Lets talk about the DP "nerf" they reverted. First of all it was a buff and not a nerf and here is why. It basically made it so that the direct damage could benefit from mastery. Mastery = chance for their DoTs to double proc. Now the DP so called "nerf" by the op made the direct damage it could of done be atted to the DoT instead, This is why you look like a person who lost to an Spriest and cried to forums.

Ok on to the nerfs that Spriest took. You are either trolling or just plan lazy if you think glyph of mind spike and phantasm was the only nerf Spriest took and heres the complete list(something you should of looked up before typing).

The amount of healing done by Flash Heal, Binding Heal, Renew, and Prayer of Mending have been reduced by 20%.

Halo will no longer hit enemies that are in stealth.

Glyph of Mind Spike only works from Mind Spikes that aren't instant casts from Surge of Darkness.(the one u got)

Phantasm no longer makes the Priest untargetable by ranged attacks, and the movement impairing immunity effect is now 5 seconds (was 3 seconds).(the other one you mentioned)

Dispersion now belongs to the Shadow spell school.(meaning if you are interrupted while casting you can easily get burned down with no way to stop it).

This just a rehash of the "get rid of manaburn" topic. Pll really just wants mass dispel gone and once its gone they will pick on void shift a lot harder. The class is fine and they use a particular comp that you just have to counter. With a warlock's toolkit, Spriest should not be a problem. this sounds like a L2P issue to me.
Edited by Fayte on 3/27/2013 12:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]