5.3 -Spriest Please hit them with the NerfBat

90 Human Priest
04/03/2013 05:37 PMPosted by Algus
And why not?

Why not balance PvE around Heroic Lei Shen? (buff Shadow DPS! lol)

It's silly to think the game should be balanced around the 0.5%
Edited by Woaden on 4/3/2013 6:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Why not balance PvE around Heroic Lei Shen? (buff Shadow DPS! lol)

It's silly to think the game should be balanced around the 0.5%

Once again you take one tiny bit and ignore the larger context, just to try (and fail, might I add) to score a point. I'm done responding to you since you're clearly not here to discuss anything. I'll end with you on this note:

Yes, they should balance around people who actually know how to play their class correctly. It is bad for the long-term health of any game to balance around people playing sub-optimally.
Edited by Algus on 4/3/2013 7:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I'm pulling out those bits because they're what I primarily disagree with and are what I wish to discuss. People replying to you are not obligated to address the entirety of your posts.

I am sympathetic that Shadow is slightly too good right now in PvP. However it's amusing to me that the obviously PvP oriented 5.3 PTR changes will make almost no real difference in my opinion.
Edited by Woaden on 4/3/2013 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
I am sympathetic that Shadow is slightly too good right now in PvP. However it's amusing to me that the obviously PvP oriented 5.3 PTR changes will make almost no real difference in my opinion.

I beg to differ.

A mandatory cast time on Mass Dispels opens you to interrupts. Mass Dispel can be stopped by stuns/gouges and instant cast CCs. Mind Numbing and just beating on the shadow priest will have a profound impact on getting that Mass Dispel off. Plus there is no guarantee healers would be within mass dispel range when they are feared.

I was rooting for a minute cooldown on Mass Dispel, but this change is good too.

On a positive note, it opens up a glyph slot when not facing teams with immunities.

Shadow Priests not having Void Shift does make other classes/specs desirable.

IMO the changes are spot on.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
In b4 you come back after 5.3 still crying about Spriests and how OP we are.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I really dislike that Shadow Priests are the only spec in the entire game that cannot use their Level 87 ability in PvP.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
I really dislike that Shadow Priests are the only spec in the entire game that cannot use their Level 87 ability in PvP.

I really dislike that elemental shamans cannot use their Lvl 70 ability in PVP. Heroism/Bloodlust
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Hero/BL/TW are more like PW:F than they are VS. It's a Raid Utility spell that's mechanically shared across classes not a class specific ability.

It's silly to compare Hero to VS.
Edited by Woaden on 4/5/2013 12:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/05/2013 12:03 PMPosted by Vesperlynd

I really dislike that elemental shamans cannot use their Lvl 70 ability in PVP. Heroism/Bloodlust

No spec of Shaman nor Mage can use Heroism/Bloodlust/Time Warp because Blizzard realized that trying to balance Arenas (Sudden Death Deathmatch) is really difficult when you have a party-wide burst cooldown like them. But also on that note Shamans were able to use Bloodlust for the entire duration of the expansion where it was the newest learned spell for them.

I just have an issue with how Blizzard did very little to shift Shadow Priests away from such a strong foundation for a support role: Hymn of Hope, Leap of Faith, Power Word: Shield, Void Shift, Mass Dispel, Vampiric Embrace healing spreading when in a party/raid and Symbiosis being a raid healing cooldown. Part of this probably comes from the fact that Priests are the only class in the entire game that has two Healer roles.

Then they're apparently surprised that Shadow Priests are filling this specific niche role because they're a damage dealer with such a varied support toolset. It's not that Void Shift is a massively powerful cooldown that is impossible to balance Arena with it existing... just when it's in the hands of a damage dealer.

Could we instead have Shadow Priests get some more ideas along the lines of Solace and Insanity, Divine Insight and From Darkness Comes Light where the spec actually gets something unique from Discipline and Holy and not another purple version of a spell?

I'd like to point out I'm not crying that Blizzard hates Shadow Priests... we're amazingly good right now; possibly the best we've ever been. It's just that I'd like to see more specific consideration for the design of the spec BEFORE the nerfs happen.
Edited by Kiora on 4/5/2013 12:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
Hero/BL/TW are more like PW:F than they are VS. It's a Raid Utility spell that's mechanically shared across classes not a class specific ability.

What is silly is saying that we are the only spec that cannot use our 87 ability. I was illustrating what a piss poor argument that is.
Edited by Vesperlynd on 4/5/2013 1:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

What is silly is saying that we are the only spec that cannot use our 87 ability. I was illustrating what a piss poor argument that is.

The entire CLASS cannot use that cooldown, much like how all Paladins cannot use Lay on Hands. It's nothing along the lines of "Well, Restoration Shams can use Bloodlust... but not Enhancement Shamans!"

Void Shift is going to be unique of being a class-wide ability that is restricted towards a single spec; be it an ability learned at 70, 80, 85 or 87.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Perhaps you should have made that clear.

Sorry but based on your previous posts in this thread Honeyvader it seemed perfectly believable that was a completely serious statement on your behalf.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Here the idea nerf every class that will balance everything but piss off everyone making everyone pissed off about PVE and PVP.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Here the idea nerf every class that will balance everything but piss off everyone making everyone pissed off about PVE and PVP.

Dont nerf my ret, he's already in a bad position :)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
04/06/2013 01:47 AMPosted by Fayte

Dont nerf my ret, he's already in a bad position :)

Blizzard already knows so they gave Ret a cooldown reduction that doesn't help in DPS race other then help boost DPS which fall back on the issue of DPS which doesn't need
Inquisition it needs haste maybe around 10% or 20% but that's it. Shadow Priest are fine the way they are by saying that would mean to me if I roll Shadow Priest Blizzard would alter it and nerf the hell out of anything I play just because I am not a good player and they know it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
One interpretation, Pocket Shadow = "Get out of Jail" free card potentially every 15 secs. It is unnecessary.Option 1:Mass Dispel - 1 minute Cooldown for Shadow Only.This way it is used as a counter to Ice Block/Divine Shield and/or used strategically to dispel your healers/teammates. It doesn't trivialize the CC chain that an enemy team finally manages to throw. It will be in line with other classes like rets who can defensively dispel their healers CC. Option 2:Mana Cost of Mass Dispel increased to 26% or more of base mana cost for Shadow Only.

Someone hire this man.:)

I dont like the idea of makeing void shift useless, for pvpers at least.
Just make it switch 30% hp for a lil boost to survive that little bit longer.
I'd also like to see physic horror not require an orb to use it, can say for sure that it has been my least favorite change since wrath.

But over all these changes are not that big of a deal, we are still gonna do well.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Make them as desirable as a warlock or an elemental shaman or a boomkin

So... buff them to ridiculous levels so they are required specs for RBGs? At least destro locks and boomkins are, not sure about eleshamans.

Due to Ursol's Vortex + Solar Beam, coupled with insane AoE damage, boomkins are basically required to have at least one of in any competent RBG team. Warlocks are similar, but they bring great utility in Gateway as well as throwing out incredibly powerful Chaos Bolts.

Elemental Shamans can vaporize an unprepared player if their CDs are up, so there is that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
04/12/2013 11:19 PMPosted by Nosindra

Lock gateway is killable and arguably no longer of use in pvp. Welcome to the club i guess.

except u can still use it, has half the health of a lock(locks have A LOT of health), and is very inconvenient to the enemy. Cannot comparing losing an ability completely to having one nerfed.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
Thank you blizzard.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9427062

Question - What is the reasoning behind the upcoming changes to Void Shift? This spell already has a high risk to use, why target it for a nerf?

Answer - Shadow is overperforming and something needed to go. Shadow priests have high damage, strong defenses, and lots of utility. What we think was putting them over the top was being able to save their healer with things like Void Shift and Mass Dispel.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]