Rare Camping

90 Night Elf Hunter
Since most of the really awesome pets have god awful spawn timers (17 hours on the high end for some), what are some of the ways yall have come up with to keep yourselves sane if you decide to camp until it spawns?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
heres an idea - while i camped i accually improved my fishing skill and did some cooking - you can allways chat with guildies - and see if any are intrested in watching for you fo 30 minutes and go gank some low level horde and take out ur camping boardom / frustrations on them. maybe even kill some othor ppl camping what you are! theres lots of stuff u can do. just have to go and do it -
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Use another PC, watch some Walking Dead while looking at your WoW screen every now and again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
The rares that aren't spirit beasts aren't camped as much. I have them all. Just fly by every now and then and you'll get them. As for rares like Loque, which I don't have, I'd prefer they keep it the rarest pet in the game. It will make it that much sweeter when I get him.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Save up some shows on your PVR? That's what I did while waiting for Arcturis.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The rares that aren't spirit beasts aren't camped as much. I have them all. Just fly by every now and then and you'll get them. As for rares like Loque, which I don't have, I'd prefer they keep it the rarest pet in the game. It will make it that much sweeter when I get him.

The rarest pets in the game are always the most common.

When was the last time you saw a hunter with a regular skinned cheetah for a pet? THAT would be rare.
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Hunter
After days of camping and watching others kill him and tame him out from under you I finally got it.

Spawn timers were not the 6hour I was told....more like 5 1/2hr, but close enough to 6 that all the hunters in the area were all AFK. Spawned on top of a Warlock,unknown as to why he was there, but I finally got him. Was rude how the 90 earlier got him. But I am over it!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Getting rare spawns is an exercise in patience.

It took me far too long to get the King, but I did. As I was waiting for my LFR queue to pop I flew around looking for Loq or Aotona last night. Loq spawned and I got him last night.

After you do your dailies, you tend to do things out of boredom as you wait for the different queues to pop. Like camping some of the rares.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter

I've pretty much seen the opposite, all the rares are fairly camped with the CRZ however, I do completely agree about it being all the sweeter when you do get them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I dont go off rarespawn pets to be the special butterfly, I do it because I like the model of certain rarespawns better.

IE. I like ashtail's model better than the other fox models, I like skar and savage better than most cat models, I like the white armored chimera better than the other models (looks less ragged and beat up).

On the other hand, there are some pets who are not rarespawns who's model I enjoy. I have a windserpent from northerend who looks like the 2peice tier 15 set bonus proc.

I dont really care to farm for the green skinned devilasaur. I like the dragon core hound better than the fire like ones. Do I have a lot of rarespawns, sure, but they are all models I like to use. My wolf is just an armored wolf from hellfire citadel.

Next patch, I will probably tame some specific rares do to increased stable space (namely, all the spirit beasts excluding porcupines), a winterspring saber to match the mount and battle pet, and possibly other pet families I haven't collected yet. It is based on the model of the pet that determines whether I want one or not.

If there was a rare spawn saphire gem cat, id probably camp for it so I could have a gem cat mount/hunterpet/battlepet combo. Did I camp for arcronis, sure, but I realy like the look of the red mana wyrm.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
How i got all my rare pets on the most populated server even with CRZ.

Step one. Log on at around middnight
Step two. Go to spawn spot if there is no spawn log off and go back to sleep and repeat step one.
Step three. ???
Step four. Proffit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]