What irritates you the most as a healer?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I hate it when people look at the healing meters and sees you below the others and questions your ability to heal based on healing meters alone and not the fact that no one died or you clutch healed that same person from death.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Healing meters this way http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8480658366?page=1
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I hate it when people who are always last on meters talk about how meters don't matter while proclaiming that their low meter numbers equals good game play through clutch healing. One doesn't necessarily follow the other.

Now, intelligent people know how to look at logs/meters and determine a lot of things. Certainly judging a player solely by 'meters' is silly and not taking them into account is just as foolhardy.

While every encounter is different one can see (taking my class into example) if one has kept their lifebloom rolling and harmony up. Did they innervate once in a 10 minute fight while going Oom? These types of issues can be seen readily from logs and do matter regardless if "someone didn't die". You could of been carried too and created a burden on the other healer (s).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
^ Agreed. It also goes with what I said in another thread when healers say "who cares how I healed no one died". Maybe the other healers had to take up your slack and you got carried, so it's 'who cares' to you but not the ones doing all the work.

Not YOU "you" but an example.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'll rephrase that;

I don't like it when people call healers out on their ability based on meters alone and not the fact that mitigation cooldowns were used like devotion aura in high magic damage phases (doesn't show on meters) clutch heals (isn't represented on meters) having your heals sniped by other healers making yours turn into overheals, Lifegripping raid members out of danger zones (not shown on meters) hand of sacrifice (now shown on meters) taunting an add off a DPS cos the tanks miss taunted or can't get threat cos you're a little tankier than the DPS also not shown on meters. There is so much that healers do for the raid that cannot be measured and to be judged based off meters alone.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I'll rephrase that;

I don't like it when people call healers out on their ability based on meters alone and not the fact that mitigation cooldowns were used like devotion aura in high magic damage phases (doesn't show on meters) clutch heals (isn't represented on meters) having your heals sniped by other healers making yours turn into overheals, Lifegripping raid members out of danger zones (not shown on meters) hand of sacrifice (now shown on meters) taunting an add off a DPS cos the tanks miss taunted or can't get threat cos you're a little tankier than the DPS also not shown on meters. There is so much that healers do for the raid that cannot be measured and to be judged based off meters alone.

I think we're in agreement. Certainly I know all about sniping raiding with a pally.

But there is also a difference between running with your raid and pugs/LFR etc. Certainly your raiding Guild should understand when you are expected to pop your CDs and low damage parts. I haven't been beat in LFR at least in terms of meters but that doesn't mean anything other than ruling the meter which in LFR is all that matters to people other than alt gear. It says little about me as a good healer because any moron can spell heals to inflate their numbers.

http://s196.photobucket.com/user/Pancakes4breakfast/media/LFR_zps7263fefd.png.html

Perfect example
Reply Quote
37 Worgen Druid
Tankbots: Zergzergzerg.

It would be nice if you could get that @#$% mob off of me instead of pulling the next group. What's with the tunnel vision at lower levels?

That and the omgiminboasiminvincibleleetnesslookatmeaddforgottotakemyritalinsuperstarultrapwnagewhogivesadps. Ya you go ahead and kite your own mob to your hearts content. Learning to just let those people die.

Bitter? Bit him too. I am a worgen.

/end rant
Edited by Darcen on 3/28/2013 8:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
that there isnt a meter for peels in pvp healing.

For example, getting camped by a rogue and warrior all match and then getting questioned on why you aren't higher on the healing meter
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I mentioned a smidge of this in the healing myths thread but...

1. People not prepared to help THEMSELVES if needed (by way of potions, etc.)
2. People standing in !@#$ on the floor expecting heals to compensate for their stupidity
3. Anyone in the party telling me my job (unless I'm struggling and ask)
4. Tanks running/pulling everything w/o checking to see if heals is on board
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
People blaming me for them dying when they stood in fire for 10 seconds straight and didn't move.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
BIG HEALS GUYS

so not the small ones, gotcha
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BIG HEALS GUYS

so not the small ones, gotcha

Spit my coffee out. Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Two things:

1) DPS who harass and verbally abuse tanks that aren't pulling fast enough for them

2) People who shout over mumble (or in party chat), "I NEED HEALS I NEED HEALS. HEALZ!" Because I totally wasn't looking at your bar, bro. I'm just over in the corner navel gazing.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Tanks who go too fast, pull to much, etc.. The Healing meters do not bother me that much. As long as the group is killing the bosses, no one really cares.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Been seeing a lot of that lately.... Not fun

Tanks in DPS gear because they are too impatient to wait on a queue.

I used to let people die if they were standing in fire. Sadly with atonement in 5 mans i cant do that anymore.

The biggest would be dps pulling. Now i do let those people die then tea bag there body.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

If you think there is any content level where I'm supposed to be drinking health potions you should repost this in the myths thread.
Reply Quote

If you think there is any content level where I'm supposed to be drinking health potions you should repost this in the myths thread.

If you don't care if you live or die then how can you expect your healer to care. If you can't be considerate enough to use survivability tools then how can you expect someone else to waste their time on helping you do anything? My back is only so broad and you are down the list of priorities.

A dps who is willing to do a little bit of stuff to take the load off me?! I'll go out of my way to make sure they survive even the most difficult of circumstances.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Yes, because a free 120K health totally doesn't help your healers and therefore the raid. Nope.

Also, what irritates me most is people who tell me how to do my job. Not just with healing, but with anything. I'm game for advice, like "Don't use Breath of Fire unless it's glyphed, it doesn't help with mitigation", or "Try using atonement more". What annoys me to the point of wanting to reach through my screen to choke someone is "lol monks should be jabbing" or "tank where's the aoe" (this last one happened to me today, my paladin doesn't get any AoE abilities until 20, and he's only level 19), statements fueled by stupidity and ignorance.

I remember vividly one of my first heroic healing instances on my monk. We were in MSP, and I had this monk tank. Was doing decent, I wasn't having any mana or healing problems, but after we downed Gekkan, he stops and starts calling me bad because I wasn't confident enough in my stats to fistweave and stuck to cast-healing. Apparently, he initiated a votekick, which failed, and we continued, but not without a bunch of commentary on his part on how I was doing everything wrong. That's the kind of !@#$ that irks me to the point of raging.
Edited by Fistlobster on 3/28/2013 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]