What irritates you the most as a healer?

100 Orc Death Knight
03/29/2013 11:13 AMPosted by Naérdriel
If you are a DPS, and die because you didn't use a Healing potion, then you either made a mistake or really enjoy dying.

I'm conviced some of them do enjoy dying.

ON a completely unrelated note, I made lock cookies....irl....

Citrus Shot Blocks
http://www.amazon.com/Clifbar-Clif-Shot-Bloks-Citrus/dp/B006XXOT46

With inbedded pop rocks.

Now you know.

I won't lie to you. On occasion I will commit suicide in LFR so I don't have to do anything.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I won't lie to you. On occasion I will commit suicide in LFR so I don't have to do anything.

One of my guildies will unequip everything, yell something silly and jump down into the pit on Elegon. Every time. He's never been kicked. He says, "Make them laugh, and you can do whatever you want."
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I never did that but I did tebow all over the place with the contemplation ability
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I was about to go with him, but the floor spawned under me as I was about to jump, and they engaged the boss. Sooooooo I healed Elegon naked. And was still #1 on healing done. I couldn't stop giggling.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I can't die in those fights. I'm usually the top (by an extreme margin) healer in the MSV lfr's... I think I'm the only one this geared who still goes for the torture.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
1. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures
2. The Dutch
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Lose on meters to a disc priest. Check Skada: 80% atonement.
Reply Quote
68 Night Elf Priest
What bothers me is that I fail in the healer role. Disc priest failed miserably. I really want to do heals so I geared up a holy pal, researched the role heavily, and invested in boa gear and glyphs. The result was worse failure. If I ever run this toon again she will be running as shadow doing dps only. Bumming. I think the only thing that could get me to be a good healer is lots of practice but I do not want to cause any more groups to fail.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What bothers me is that I fail in the healer role. Disc priest failed miserably. I really want to do heals so I geared up a holy pal, researched the role heavily, and invested in boa gear and glyphs. The result was worse failure. If I ever run this toon again she will be running as shadow doing dps only. Bumming. I think the only thing that could get me to be a good healer is lots of practice but I do not want to cause any more groups to fail.

sounds like me when i tried tanking. but you really cant give up like that. who cares if you wipe a little honestly....read a guide to get some pointers and go back in there because thats the only way you will learn
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

Hang around here more! We'll help you out! We were all new once, and we all *gasp* sucked once! Healing is really tough when you're first leveling through dungeons because there is a lot more going on than just cast spells at the boss.

And the variety of player types and skill levels can be maddening as well. IE one dungeon a tank can blow through everything and you barely have to heal. The next you're spamming flash healing praying he doesn't die.

^^o
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I'm still laughing at all the healers early on in this thread who thought it was perfectly logical to suggest to their DPS to just drink health potions when they were at low HP.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I'm still laughing at all the healers early on in this thread who thought it was perfectly logical to suggest to their DPS to just drink health potions when they were at low HP.

Eat cookies. Don't drink health pots.

Seems logical. There are VERY few situations where a dps should be using a health pot. And honestly, in most cases, it's just not worth it anyways.

That's why we have warlocks. To distrubute our lockrocks. Or Dotcrack/lock cookies/lock candy.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Hang in there, you can do it. We'll all help :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have the powah
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
As many people have said before, the "HEALS! OMG TANKS NEEDS HEALS! HEAL ME NOW!" get on my nerves the most. It doesn't bother me that much when it's another healer calling it out, cause maybe they're noticing something that I've been to busy to notice; but when its a DPS, nothing makes me more angry.

It's usually the idiot dps that died early and decided to play announcer for the rest of the fight despite him calling out crap that has already been called out. In the off chance that this idiot manages to stay alive throughout the fight its the, "GG guys! GG! GG GUYS WE GOT THIS! GG!" Its like, "No, shut up! The sound of your voice makes me want to punt kittens."

Or how about this same idiot DPS that managed to wipe us to a normal mode mechanic because, "I didn't run through the other orb. I ran around it then stood behind it."

Okay you know what, maybe its the idiot dps that irritates me the most. Dude, if you read this... I hate you so much.

PS. Stop using Alter Time when you know mechanics that you constantly fail at are about to happen. 9 times out of 10, its going to kill you and those unfortunate enough to be standing anywhere near you.
Edited by Songs on 4/19/2013 2:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote

PS. Stop using Alter Time when you know mechanics that you constantly fail at are about to happen. 9 times out of 10, its going to kill you and those unfortunate enough to be standing anywhere near you.

They can cancel Alter Time if it turns out a bad idea. Such as the mage getting focus lighting. Or in HOF alter time into a bomb.
Reply Quote
When mistweaver monks qq to me about being overpowered.

Lemme take us all down a trip to 5.0, when monks arrived and their healing set was ridiculously over scaled and it would take a complete moron to mess it up. Then the 5.1 nerfbat hit and stepping inside an lfr to 3 mistweaver monks causing one hell of a storm saying their class was broken. Just...no.

Oh, what irritates me? When dps ask why they weren't Spirit shelled cuz they were off in f***ing no man's land tunneling their rotation. Sorry buddy, but if the raid leader wont set the groups up right I'm not giving you a flash heal SS. You can die for your idiocy my good friend.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
They can cancel Alter Time if it turns out a bad idea. Such as the mage getting focus lighting. Or in HOF alter time into a bomb.

Oh I know. He knows this as well, he just doesn't do it. Because he's an idiot.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
My greatest peeve as a healer are TUNA, or "Tank: Unexperienced w/ Nasty Attitude" (or more casually, "a$$tanks"); and just like real tuna, they basically amount to worthless meat in a can.

These are your brand of tanks who clearly have not been tanking for very long, because just by watching them, you observe that they do not understand (or care about) core tanking mechanics such as positional/environmental awareness, LOSing your healer, positioning the boss, rounding up strays, and so forth. Mitigation abilities? "Ain't nobody got time for dat!"

This is not to say that healers hate neophyte tanks; I've found that most healers I've met will go the extra mile for an inexperienced tank who is earnestly trying, because - like a cougar with a college freshman - we like it when we have input into how they perform, instead of having to break their bad habits.

This is where the "nasty attitude" part comes in. The tanks who honestly appear to believe that they are owed something for just being tanks; that instead of being a quarterback of a team, they are rock stars and we're the groupies. That we should be thankful that this tank came down from on high to deign to tank for us lowly peons, no matter how lousy a job the tank actually does.

Some recent examples I've experienced firsthand:

• LFR Primordius: tank kites boss around the room at breakneck speed (including running him through purple puddles) making it difficult for DPS to keep in range while also maintaining buff; boss enrages and kills raid. TUNA: "The DPS in this raid is pathetic; I outDPSed over half of you!
  • LFR Lei Shen: Tank repeatedly pulled as soon as raid was buffed, even while we were still working on correcting mistakes from the previous wipe. Three attempts in a row, pulled Lei Shen into the charged corner after Phase 2 - despite repeated pleas to stay out of that zone. TUNA: "I would be fine if the healers would do their !@#$ing jobs!" Bonus: other tank refused to taunt after many, many stacks of Decapitate.
  • H Scarlet Halls: TUNA - who has been chain-pulling the entire time - leaves group fighting the hallway mobs after Armsmaster Harlan - runs around corner (both ranging and LOSing me) and pulls every mob pack in the short corridor before Flameweaver Koegler. Doesn't announce that he's doing this, nor does he even attempt to pull back to hallway he left us fighting in. Dies in less than six seconds. TUNA: "Your (sp) a terribul (sp) healer and shud (sp) quit the game"

Now, one could argue that not even asking your healer if he's up to chain pulling everything is pretty rude, but I've gotten so used to it that I don't even expect anything else. Fair or not, the common expectation in LFD is that, if you can't heal through chain pulling, you have no business being there. So you suck it up and deal with it (all so the tank gets all the thanks and praise at the end of the run...*sigh*). But, no...what I'm referring to is a special level of asshattery reserved for tanks who really just want to watch the world burn.

And I guess this factors into my other peeve as a healer, the idea that "healing isn't really a job." That is, if you're a skill player, you're a tank or DPSer; if you're a healer it's because you couldn't hack it as one of the "real" roles. That healing is what you make your girlfriend "who doesn't play video games at all" do because it's so easy. Which is why everyone tells healers how to play, despite (I wager) a good chunk of them never having healed any content of significance...because it's a "no-stress role." /laughSoHardIVomitedThroughMyNose

Well folks, I'm a "terrible" healer then, because I have honestly become a belligerent SOB. I don't think I'm Zeus' gift to healing, but after 8+ years healing in raids, I think I know a tiny bit more than most about my role. (Heal the tank? Really? Is *that* what I was supposed to be doing? My God...all this time...)
Reply Quote
7 Gnome Mage
running outta weed halfway thru a fight
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]