What irritates you the most as a healer?

90 Tauren Paladin
Two things:

2) People who shout over mumble (or in party chat), "I NEED HEALS I NEED HEALS. HEALZ!" Because I totally wasn't looking at your bar, bro. I'm just over in the corner navel gazing.

Yep. Total agreement on this one. One of my biggest pet-peeves of being a healer!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
03/29/2013 12:23 PMPosted by Mahourai
I wasn't talking about chugging potions, I was talking about dying.

If you are a DPS, and die because you didn't use a Healing potion, then you either made a mistake or really enjoy dying.

So basically you're just trolling. Cool.

EDIT:

Yes, it clears it up, you're a troll.

Have fun explaining to your group that you could have avoided dying by using a Healing Potion.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
TROLL IN THE DUNGEON!

(I am no longer allowed to have caffiene...)

You're killing me ;)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If a dps dies because they didn't take a health potion, the mistakes that need to be addressed and fixed have long since happened.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
03/29/2013 11:13 AMPosted by Naérdriel
If you are a DPS, and die because you didn't use a Healing potion, then you either made a mistake or really enjoy dying.

I'm conviced some of them do enjoy dying.

ON a completely unrelated note, I made lock cookies....irl....

Citrus Shot Blocks
http://www.amazon.com/Clifbar-Clif-Shot-Bloks-Citrus/dp/B006XXOT46

With inbedded pop rocks.

Now you know.

Also, I have to say, that's pretty frickin amazing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
03/29/2013 12:17 PMPosted by Naérdriel

:D My gear isn't of a level to be of use at the moment. :) I knew that when I joined.

Someone eats their lockrocks.

I do! We actually save them for specific things. >.> I mainly use them when something goes wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
03/29/2013 12:37 PMPosted by Alashe

I'm conviced some of them do enjoy dying.

ON a completely unrelated note, I made lock cookies....irl....

Citrus Shot Blocks
http://www.amazon.com/Clifbar-Clif-Shot-Bloks-Citrus/dp/B006XXOT46

With inbedded pop rocks.

Now you know.

Also, I have to say, that's pretty frickin amazing.

It's actually delicious. And ironic, clif shot blocks are to give you energy without weighing you down (and electrolytes... great for long distance runners)

TROLL IN THE DUNGEON!

(I am no longer allowed to have caffiene...)

You're killing me ;)

I'll be here all week. Maybe next if they keep leaving food scraps out.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I have stormlash, therefore it's okay, if, for the most part, my class will be behind other healers
Edited by Qwes on 3/29/2013 12:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
people making lock cookies in real life and not sending me any. >_<

the fact that you don't know where I live or who I am is irrelevant.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I hate when I die because someone else forgot what they were supposed to do during the encounter, like not being in BFE for a matter swap when you and I still have golems on us.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
people making lock cookies in real life and not sending me any. >_<

the fact that you don't know where I live or who I am is irrelevant.

^^ a thousand times yes
Reply Quote

You can take a 2 second break from trying to top the meters to help out the rest of your group.

Well, to be fair, in some groups they would be at risk of being kicked if they did that. Even though they actually are helping the group. I sure wouldn't vote for the kick but it might pass anyway.

I played a mage at endgame exclusively up until fairly recently and I never got kicked for decursing people. If anything, it was something people frequently made a specific point to ask me to do before fights that involved a lot of curses. I mean we have those dispells for a reason. They're part of our group utility toolset.

Not saying being kicked for that never happens, just saying, that's really unfortunate if it does, and personally I'd consider whoever did the kicking to be really in the wrong there.

And on the potion note...I think the last time I raided with my mage, potions were still able to be used more than once per fight, so I found a health potion useful here and there. But I wouldn't be upset with DPS for not using them. I do find it considerate when DPS to use cooldowns/utility features (such as shields and self-heals) during high-damage phases though, and especially if their own mistake landed them with high damage. I won't call someone out for not doing it, but it's just a nice thing to do I think. When I ran my mage I always popped my shield during high damage phases and used Evocation to take some pressure of the healer if my health got super low.

Because really, what matters for DPS is getting the boss down in a reasonable time, and that doesn't necessarily require never ever stopping DPS to do something else that can help out the group overall.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
03/29/2013 02:27 PMPosted by Kahtek
And on the potion note...I think the last time I raided with my mage, potions were still able to be used more than once per fight, so I found a health potion useful here and there.

Potions have not been able to be used more than once per fight since patch 3.0.2, which was October 2008.

Regarding everything else, I totally agree. You will almost always see me with a lot of decurses on Horridon, and I still have healbot as my raidframes.
Edited by Taymage on 3/29/2013 2:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
03/29/2013 02:37 PMPosted by Taymage
And on the potion note...I think the last time I raided with my mage, potions were still able to be used more than once per fight, so I found a health potion useful here and there.

Potions have not been able to be used more than once per fight since patch 3.0.2, which was October 2008.

A day that will live in infamy! D:
Reply Quote

Yup, I haven't raided with my mage since WotLK, and even then not very much. I am probably remembering using potions in BC raids.
Edited by Kahtek on 3/29/2013 3:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

Regarding everything else, I totally agree. You will almost always see me with a lot of decurses on Horridon, and I still have healbot as my raidframes.

Yeah don't get me wrong. I'm the guy using IW on our first Elegon kill because it improved Energy Charge wave survivability. I'm the guy Evocating to heal myself when I outrange the healers attacking Garalon's leg. I'm the guy spamming Ice Barrier on CD or Temporal Shielding myself when Total Annihilation goes out. It was just the potion thing that struck me as funny since it isn't just suboptimal DPS to do so it's literally impossible in a raid environment and totally absurd in a five-man or something.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If you have to use a health potion in a 5-man, your healer needs to Smite harder.
Reply Quote
DPS/Tank: OMG sparkly stuff on the ground healing me! I best run out of this...

Me: Grr, how long is my cd on HR again?

Though I will say a while back I was healing Will in LFR and was having some mana problems near the end. Gas phase started again, the tanks were fine and I was standing with a bunch of ranged/healers. I popped my Barrier to at least help protect some of us.

Everyone around me ran immediately under the Barrier. Couldn't believe it. Suppose there's a first for everything.
Reply Quote
If you have to use a health potion in a 5-man, your healer needs to Smite harder.

I always talk to my smite heals as I'm casting them to make sure they hit hard: "Com'on baby, mama needs a living tank. Crit that boss!"
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/29/2013 02:27 PMPosted by Kahtek
Not saying being kicked for that never happens, just saying, that's really unfortunate if it does, and personally I'd consider whoever did the kicking to be really in the wrong there.

Well, I'm not saying they would be kicked *for* decursing, but if the time spent on it made them drop on meters, they might be kicked for that, without thinking about why they were lower that fight.

I would consider that to be in the wrong, too, but I've seen people do lots of stupider things than that in this game.

Everyone around me ran immediately under the Barrier. Couldn't believe it. Suppose there's a first for everything.

Maybe they thought it worked like the noise canceling zones on vizier?

It would be kind of cool if it actually was that strong... maybe just a bit broken though in fights that aren't designed for it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]