What irritates you the most as a healer?

90 Tauren Druid
I hate it when people look at the healing meters and sees you below the others and questions your ability to heal based on healing meters alone and not the fact that no one died or you clutch healed that same person from death.

I have great issue with you saying this as you're a Pally. Equally geared healers, even if the pally is a few Ilvl's lower, I cannot fathom any way shape or form a pally being remotely close to the bottom.

I would agree with everything you just said, in a general sense, had you not been a pally.
Now, if you're new to the class or a new healer, that is ok and you're excused.

What irritates me the most; 1. Slow !@# tanks who do not pull entire rooms. 2. Not enough smoke breaks in raid groups. I cannot sit at a damn computer for 3-4 hrs people. I need minimum 4 smoke breaks.
Edited by Tonydanza on 3/31/2013 9:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
03/31/2013 08:25 AMPosted by Calamai
If you have to use a health potion in a 5-man, your healer needs to Smite harder.

I always talk to my smite heals as I'm casting them to make sure they hit hard: "Com'on baby, mama needs a living tank. Crit that boss!"

k. I needed to read this. I'm giggling so hard.
Reply Quote
Maybe they thought it worked like the noise canceling zones on vizier?

It would be kind of cool if it actually was that strong... maybe just a bit broken though in fights that aren't designed for it.

Hey, they can think it's a magical party full of wonder and joy - as long as it get's them into it, it's all good. :P

Well, I'm not saying they would be kicked *for* decursing, but if the time spent on it made them drop on meters, they might be kicked for that, without thinking about why they were lower that fight.

I would consider that to be in the wrong, too, but I've seen people do lots of stupider things than that in this game.

I haven't seen people kicked before but I have had people over the years refuse to decurse or silence because it takes away a small fraction of their DPS. I remember healing H ToT back in Cata and during the first trash pull I got to use my MTT. Twice. Simply because I was the only one tossing out silences on the two healers and the DPS wasn't high enough to zerg.

Though people are pretty stupid at times. My Shammy was once almost kicked out of H HoT because I was doing "piss poor DPS". Until I pointed out that I was the healer...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

I actually got a lecture in a TOES LFR one day in a party consisting on 3 disc priests, 2 holy pallies, and me. On the first boss- where there was literally nothing to heal.

The last one I did, it was 4 resto shamans, a disc priest and someone who queued as a healer in dps spec.

Easiest healing night I've had in ages.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
For PvE I would say bad tanks make healing bad. Not sure about PvP but I'm guessing survivability to some degree.
Reply Quote
"HEAL ME PLEASE" or "HEALS PLEASE"

No.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I hate it when people look at the healing meters and sees you below the others and questions your ability to heal based on healing meters alone and not the fact that no one died or you clutch healed that same person from death.

That's when I link the dispel part of the meter- especially if they never bothered with even 1 dispel (Tsulong and the first boss of ToES is good for that).
Edited by Jujubiju on 3/31/2013 4:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
03/31/2013 04:37 PMPosted by Jujubiju

That's when I link the dispel part of the meter- especially if they never bothered with even 1 dispel (Tsulong and the first boss of ToES is good for that).

It's really frustrating when you dispel the boss and no one else bothers to dispel anyone else in the raid, so you're sitting there dying to the debuff because no one bothers to dispel.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
It's really frustrating when you dispel the boss and no one else bothers to dispel anyone else in the raid, so you're sitting there dying to the debuff because no one bothers to dispel.

Drives me nuts lol. Makes me miss cleansing totem (though, of course, that would be considered a spell now).

I once made a druid leave group in DS LFR- by linking overheal meters (I knew full well how druid healing worked back then <most of it went into overhealing>). It was kind of funny.

He was complaining about peoples HPS on trash.
Edited by Jujubiju on 3/31/2013 4:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
1. When people run off in different directions
2. When I ask people to wait for a few seconds (whether I need mana, I'm switching specs, something's come up in rl that needs my attention for a minute, etc) and people run off anyway. Then proceed to blame me when they die.
3. When people complain about me doing low damage and I'm the freaking healer.
4. When people are fighting and it affects me. Like the tank refusing to do anything because he/she's mad at the dps.
5. When I ask the tank to pull enemies off of me and he/she ignores me.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
When it's a full wipe and EVERYBODY ELSE runs back except that one guy, who just lays there on the ground saying "rez pls rez pls"
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
People who read into WoL rankings. And every jerk in every 'Looking For X' that said, "well you're a healer, do your job" as a response to their own inadequacy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/31/2013 09:08 AMPosted by Tonydanza

I have great issue with you saying this as you're a Pally. Equally geared healers, even if the pally is a few Ilvl's lower, I cannot fathom any way shape or form a pally being remotely close to the bottom.

I would agree with everything you just said, in a general sense, had you not been a pally.
Now, if you're new to the class or a new healer, that is ok and you're excused.

Completely irrelevant if I'm a pally... Some fights there is more damage going to the raid than on the tanks and unless people are standing on top of each other, I can't even begin to think to imagine to keep up with a monk or a priest in those circumstances.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
1. When people run off in different directions

I love when DPS get's aggro on something and just runs away. Look, no matter what class I'm healing on I'm not going to heal you if you've just ran three rooms down and away from the rest of us because a mob looked at you funny. Hunters are notorious for this and at times I'm like "Well you've got a pet - hope they live long enough for you finish that mob off one floor and five rooms over from the rest of us.

Don't get me wrong - sometimes things go wrong and stuff goes everywhere and of course I'll heal through that. But I'll only give chase to a fleeing DPS if I can risk leaving the rest of the group with the remaining mobs.

03/31/2013 05:29 PMPosted by Drusilla
2. When I ask people to wait for a few seconds (whether I need mana, I'm switching specs, something's come up in rl that needs my attention for a minute, etc) and people run off anyway. Then proceed to blame me when they die.

My Priest I was fortunate enough to be able to quest in her healing specs so I could zone in for MoP 5 mans ready to go. This Shammy has a macro that I hit as soon as I zone in while I was questing since I ran around in Ele to be able to get to 90 this century. I've been fortunate enough to have groups nice enough to give me the 30 seconds without complainant but it was always one of my fears to end up mid-combat in Ele.

I always like when I zone in by a portal to a run in progress and start making my way to the group. Tank sees a healer has joined, pulls boss, locks me out of room or they are so far away there's no way I can get there in time. Proceed to be blamed and called fail...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Completely irrelevant if I'm a pally... Some fights there is more damage going to the raid than on the tanks and unless people are standing on top of each other, I can't even begin to think to imagine to keep up with a monk or a priest in those circumstances.

I suppose this could be added to another healer irritation - being judged on your class alone. Not on your skill, your gear, the mechanics of the fight, the performance of the other healers, their gear, if they're overhealing/padding meters etc.

My Disc Priest was called fail one fight because some Pally's were ahead of me on the meters even though we were all within 1% of each other and all I had literally done was Atonement healing since I had nothing else to do. Because order is everything and nothing else ever matters...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/01/2013 05:01 PMPosted by Talai

I suppose this could be added to another healer irritation - being judged on your class alone. Not on your skill, your gear, the mechanics of the fight, the performance of the other healers, their gear, if they're overhealing/padding meters etc.

My Disc Priest was called fail one fight because some Pally's were ahead of me on the meters even though we were all within 1% of each other and all I had literally done was Atonement healing since I had nothing else to do. Because order is everything and nothing else ever matters...

Was literally about to add this. Since you brought it up, I hate this the most. "You're a pally so you must be able to top meters on any fight ever made ever"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
"Why are your heals low?"

Because there are a gazillion other healers...this is a competent LFR group and I don't feel like wasting my mana. that's why. come at me bro
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
"Why are your heals low?"

Because there are a gazillion other healers...this is a competent LFR group and I don't feel like wasting my mana. that's why. come at me bro

Someone tried to get the raid to kick me on the second trash pull of the raid tonight because I "wasn't healing" when the raid was taking no damage and I was trying to delete the crap that I had just picked up from the blingtron someone threw down at the start.

The fact that I'm not padding the meters with overheals doesn't mean that I'm not active and engaged.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I have so many things I get irritated as a healer. It doesn't bother me when the tanks pulls everything and its mom but when he continues to pull everything and not even stop when he's pull half the dungeon, all dps are casters, the dungeon has many areas where los is problem for both healer and dps and then he's !@#$%ing about why he's getting low on health. I've even got the addon that whispers my target to pretty much gtfb. Also gotta love when you have that one person not aware of where they're standing and their health melts away and then they QQ on why they didn't get healed. My response is "Can't heal stupid"
Reply Quote
Previously, I probably would have said that I hate tanks in 5-mans that just run ahead and do not let me get mana, but nowadays I find it more annoying when tanks pretend that they are being aware of the group and tell me when it is time to get mana. This usually occurs when I am already sitting next to them drinking or when I just finished and am at full mana.

Then they wait a few seconds (I assume because they aren't actually watching my mana bar and think they are just giving me time to drink) and then pull.

I am not sure exactly why, but it is just very annoying to me. It is our job as healers to watch the bars, I am pretty sure we will be the first to know when we need mana, we don't need to be told.
Edited by Oluris on 4/1/2013 10:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]