What irritates you the most as a healer?

90 Blood Elf Priest
I was going a little bit crazy last night when a raid leader/hunter who shall not be named was talking about how he was "not getting any heals."

Dude. I understand, you're hovering at 30% health, that's scary. But really now.

First of all, you were getting heals. There was a Rejuv on you. I saw it.

Second, if you're not getting any Atonement or WG heals, that's a pretty good sign that you're NOT THE LOWEST-HEALTH PERSON IN THE RAID. Really. That's the game itself telling you you're not a priority target.

Third, if I'm not healing you, that's a really great sign that you're actually not the one taking the most damage.

Yes, you had Biting Cold while Kaz was empowered. But there happens to be a tank. Who is getting slaughtered, because he always is, because for some reason he decided to switch to a class that he can't play. There are also a warlock and a rogue who really love standing in things. As long as you let those people slide...get used to not getting heals, Mr. Hunter/Raid Leader/Roommate.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
"How are my heals?"
"We didn't die"

Are there really that many bad healers out there to the point where the benchmark is "we didn't die"? I didn't ask if we died, I asked how my heals were.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
"Why can't all the healers I get in 5 mans do 120k dps?"
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
When tanks turn their backs to the boss then wonder why they're taking so much damage
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Earth shield overwriting when there is 2 shamans and 2 tanks... and/or no answer when you whisper to coordinate

hate hate HATE this. If I see another Shaman in the group, I make it a point to whisper them and ask who they want to Earth Shield. I get an answer maybe 15% of the time. Other than that, they overwrite my shield even when I put it on the OT. Pisses me off
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
This

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/#0000000000000000000000000000111111

I accepted the fact that holy as a general rule was going to perform lower on the charts than most healers. I didn't care I had fun playing it.

But this is ridiculous. We are not just at the bottom of the charts, but other classes would have to work to catch up to how low we are on the charts now. Charts, like I said don't usually matter when you are with in reach of each other, but in this case we have a huge outlier.

This is like the reverse of the graphs for disc priests in 5.1.

...people who can't read Raidbots and refuse to listen to the responses in their QQ thread explaining why they're wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
This

I accepted the fact that holy as a general rule was going to perform lower on the charts than most healers. I didn't care I had fun playing it.

But this is ridiculous. We are not just at the bottom of the charts, but other classes would have to work to catch up to how low we are on the charts now. Charts, like I said don't usually matter when you are with in reach of each other, but in this case we have a huge outlier.

You just linked top 100 parses for 25 heroic. GG.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Are there really that many bad healers out there to the point where the benchmark is "we didn't die"? I didn't ask if we died, I asked how my heals were.

I don't understand this. The purpose of healing is to keep people alive. You kept all the people alive. What other benchmark do you need?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
This

You just linked top 100 parses for 25 heroic. GG.

*Where holy is under-represented and that data can be considered skewed.
GG*2
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
What irritates me the most about being a druid healer, at least, is that the Devs seem to change how they want us to heal every expac and never quite reach thier expectations.

This expansion was supposed to be the HUUUUGE health pools and slow efficient healing. Instead its me trying to shove healing around the priests and paladins absorbs and everyone is constantly at full health until a GIANT hit comes thats instantly healed.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
When it's my turn for the healing cooldown (Healing Tide Totem), and two other healers make a point to use their cooldowns as well to snipe heals. If your life is so empty that coming in below me on a meter is unacceptable, than by all means waste a cooldown the raid could have used in a few seconds. Love it....
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
What irritates me the most about being a druid healer, at least, is that the Devs seem to change how they want us to heal every expac and never quite reach thier expectations.

This expansion was supposed to be the HUUUUGE health pools and slow efficient healing. Instead its me trying to shove healing around the priests and paladins absorbs and everyone is constantly at full health until a GIANT hit comes thats instantly healed.

Please don't speak against our Disc/H-Pally overlords. They are benevolent. /grovel
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
04/09/2013 08:42 PMPosted by Shammyren
Earth shield overwriting when there is 2 shamans and 2 tanks... and/or no answer when you whisper to coordinate

hate hate HATE this. If I see another Shaman in the group, I make it a point to whisper them and ask who they want to Earth Shield. I get an answer maybe 15% of the time. Other than that, they overwrite my shield even when I put it on the OT. Pisses me off

The other thing is seeing other Shammy healers and you're the only one using ES the entire time. I don't know if they all thought the other was getting it or they just saw my ES flying around one of the tanks and thought it was taken care of.

This

I thought my class was the one that was supposed to be in the gutter this patch due to spread healing/moving while healing issues. When did the light suddenly shine on us and decide us worthy while dumping Holy Priests into damp dirty sewers as being unlovable?

As Kaels said - this has been talked about repeatedly, I've read his well thought out answers. But I suppose it's more interesting and relieves you of blame of any kind if you throw up your hands in helplessness.

Which is probably another thing that irritates me as a healer - anyone declaring their class is hopeless. (Note: Those bringing up true issues and discussing them in a calm, intelligent manner are not included in this)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
When it's my turn for the healing cooldown (Healing Tide Totem), and two other healers make a point to use their cooldowns as well to snipe heals. If your life is so empty that coming in below me on a meter is unacceptable, than by all means waste a cooldown the raid could have used in a few seconds. Love it....

I love people trying to snipe heals to make their HPS bigger. If you're going to pay any attention to the numbers at all you should be looking at the percentage since that tells you way more then HPS does.

Though as a Shammy I often find I have the last laugh - my HPS may often be lower then some other classes but I don't over-heal nearly as much.

Last night would be a good example. I was doing my LFR's on my Shammy and got into one where both a Priest and a Pally healer kept showing off their HPS. Far be it from me to point out that while they both had much high HPS then I did, I was literally healing only a fraction of a percent less then them.

Then after the last boss - nothing. They had even been boasting in about it during boss fights and how much the rest of us all sucked, but this time they were strangely silent. I toggled recount on to take a peak and laughed my !@# off:

Talai: 30k HPS
Priest: 46k HPS
Pally: 40k HPS

Just goes to show that having big numbers doesn't make you a good healer or mean a whole hell of a lot. Over healing can catch up with you (I saw this sort of thing all the time during Cata, even when healing normal modes).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
When the Resto Druid gets me killed because he hates absorb healers. >:|
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
• Tanks/DPSers that try to do my job for me. As much as I appreciate the help, I still wish they wouldn't do it. I'm still new to healing, and not that well-geared for it, so it throws me off when I'm mist-healing the low-health tank and all of a sudden gets healed to 100% from out of nowhere, causing me to waste mana/chi. Crazy as it might sound, I'd rather the tank die on my watch than to have his a** saved by someone else. Lets me know I did something wrong.

When my fiancee still played he was pretty much exclusively a Prot Warrior - it's just the thing he loved to do. I would often run with him as a Ret Pally. There's no way that I wouldn't use LoH or my WoG on him if things went sideways just so you can know something went wrong. As either a Ret or Prot Pally I would often use my WoG on the healer to keep the from dying then BoP them. I didn't do it to make you waste your resources, I did it so someone wouldn't die.

On top of this, just because something went sideways, that doesn't mean you did anything wrong. Extra groups could have gotten pulled, the DPS may not be doing what they need to be doing (killing the adds right away, killing stuff the boss spawns so it doesn't massively hurt the group), or the tank may not be doing things right including using their cd's. Sometimes thing just go bad and instead of being mad at your group members you should be happy that they are aware and helping to ensure a win instead of a repair bill.

I'd be irritated if a healer yelled at me as a tank for healing myself (especially if I was a Warrior tank using a Victory Rush proc) though ever since Holy Power was first introduced I have seen some healers on the forums from time to time complaining about Pally tank's healing themselves and somehow being personally offended by it. I would be offended if a healer told me not to use my abilities or yelled at my Mage for taking off curses since their part of my class.

• As a fistweaver, the same things that irritate me as a melee DPSer also irritates me as a healer as well. Tanks that try to outrun everybody, herky-jerky pullers etc.

Tanks that do this really annoy me. Mostly because 1) They don't tell me before they just take off. It's be nice to know how far they're going to run and where they plan to stop. It would also give me a chance to tell them if I had just hit max level and wasn't geared enough or if the DPS would have problems with that (either combat wise, or just low numbers.

2) Because often tanks that do this I find are not nearly as tough as they think they are. I was healing Jade Temple the other day with a couple of guildies to get one of guild challenges done. We had a tank that just took off but who's health ping-ponged drastically. I almost lost one of my guildies during the courtyard pull because aggro was everything and I had to spam HS on her to just keep her living. Fortnately he was able to pop a cd and I got the tank stabilized enough to where I could grab him right before he died. I have no problem with big pulls if I'm not still at a 435 ilevel and the tank won't die just by rounding things up.
Edited by Talai on 4/11/2013 5:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
When I phase into a dungeon and a dps AFK's for long periods of time. And they have a friend vouching for what they are doing/how long it will take. I'm sorry, I didn't want to heal through all that crappy trash either, wake the hell up and dps.

Actually left a random tonight after 6 failed queues when a DK, who phased in nearly dead and afk'd from the start, to the first boss. Friend said he would "brb guys few minutes". Told him "don't have time for this guys I'm out" and left. So tired of dungeons.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]