What irritates you the most as a healer?

90 Human Paladin
Healing
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
What irritates me as a healer is OS healers pretending they know anything about healing.

If they're legitimately pretending to have knowledge of something they don't, then I understand your frustration. I just hope you aren't implying that OS healers don't actually know how to heal, because that's just insulting.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Running out of liquor.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
TNT
When I'm in a random BG and the DPS are calling out for heals but aren't making an attempt at peeling off the opposing teams DPS of me.

This is why I don't do BG's with any of my healers. I got tired of healing with no attempt at peels from my fellow dps or tanks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
That people think I'm doing it wrong because I'm holy.

:( *hugs* Poor thing....

I read the other posts nodding my head and I came across this and it makes me feel sad for you! I pictured a beat down puppy!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
To make a real post response:

I despise when people ask for heals when the tank is getting trucked and the next unavoidable raid damage is over 30secs away. At this point, residual healing from the random crap will top them. Meanwhile, the immediate focus is the tank cause he has a giant dinosaur in his face.

TL;DR: I get frustrated at people who have no concept of triage, only full health bars.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I hate when you're new to a raid team (along with one or two other people) and when things go sideways those people get subtly blamed for it. Hearing a RL say "Well, for having new people that wasn't a bad attempt." Usually said in a tone of voice that one would hear with backhanded compliments.

Makes me want to pull out my hair, especially as either a healer or a tank, because it subtly implies that you weren't doing enough to prevent a wipe. Even more so when I can see it's the people who are part of the core team doing the things that caused us to wipe in the first place, or the healers going oom from cleansing things people can easily get out of etc. I own up to when I make a mistake, especially one big enough it does the raid in (usually back when I was tanking that would rarely happen when learning a fight).

It makes me want to say "You know, just because someone is new to your team doesn't mean their new to these fights or to raiding in general. We all made mistakes. Please don't single out people, especially ones you don't know as well."

People can and do make mistakes while learning a fight. People can and do make mistakes when they know the fight also. It would be better to say "That was a good/decent (depending on outcome) attempt guys. Here's what we need to work on."

I would also like to not hear "HEAL THE TANK BIG! HE NEEDS HEALS NOW. KEEP HIM UP! KEEP HIM UP!.....Good job Talai we made it." I am aware of my job. If your worried about heals on the tank at a certain time just say the ability incoming on the tank to make healers aware. Don't treat us like trained dogs who need prodding to do the trick they learned.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
04/13/2013 05:43 PMPosted by Sylphura
That people think I'm doing it wrong because I'm holy.

:( *hugs* Poor thing....

I read the other posts nodding my head and I came across this and it makes me feel sad for you! I pictured a beat down puppy!

That makes me sad too. I still met people who don't think Holy is viable at all and one should always go Disc for heals as a Priest. I even met one who apparently liked to take Recount numbers as gold and insisted it was broken when I topped the charts as Holy. Pretty funny because I never would have known without them bringing it to my attention...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Though I will say a while back I was healing Will in LFR and was having some mana problems near the end. Gas phase started again, the tanks were fine and I was standing with a bunch of ranged/healers. I popped my Barrier to at least help protect some of us.

Everyone around me ran immediately under the Barrier. Couldn't believe it. Suppose there's a first for everything.

I had the same thing happen when I threw down Communism To- I mean, Spirit Link Totem. Actually took the time to say "Awwwh <3"
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Being top dps on trash and bosses when not even making an effort to do so. Was doing 30k mildly atonement-ing on the trash and first boss of Temple and every dps was lower than me, from 14k to 25k. I just left. I wasn't feeling a slow !@# dungeon that night.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Though I will say a while back I was healing Will in LFR and was having some mana problems near the end. Gas phase started again, the tanks were fine and I was standing with a bunch of ranged/healers. I popped my Barrier to at least help protect some of us.

Everyone around me ran immediately under the Barrier. Couldn't believe it. Suppose there's a first for everything.

I had the same thing happen when I threw down Communism To- I mean, Spirit Link Totem. Actually took the time to say "Awwwh <3"

If there's one good thing about LFR, it's that the generally-low quality of healing and tanking and the complete disregard of mechanics seems to have taught a lot of people to get pretty damn good at taking advantage of things that help them survive (Barrier, SLT, Healing Rain, lock cookies that get requested before every pull...)
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
I mentioned a smidge of this in the healing myths thread but...
1. People not prepared to help THEMSELVES if needed (by way of potions, etc.)

I always pop my self heals when needed, i try to save the healer trouble.
Reply Quote
91 Draenei Priest
Right now the absolutely most irritating thing I'm experiencing is healing tanks that don't have dodge/parry. Every single post, site, tweet, street corner conversation, and their moms are basically telling tanks to go stam then mastery/haste depending on class and... so far... those particular tanks are getting absolutely smashed... every... single... time.

Maybe I'm just having bad luck and every tank I've ever healed for with the "new and improved" stat setup sucks but I kind of doubt it and its getting quite annoying.

Now, I've not gone into full on raiding but from LFR and LFD experience from poorly geared tanks up to ~500+ gear tanks, regardless of gear level, the ones that I see going dodge/parry have consistently been way, way, way, way, way, way, way, easier to heal. Anyone else having the same experience?

More of a rant than anything, though I suppose that's kind of what this thread is for.
Edited by Eysa on 4/14/2013 12:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Worgen Druid
When I see tanks not doing anything to help negate damage. Using their shield, Guarding if a BM monk (using Blackout Kick for Shuffle too), etc.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Right now the absolutely most irritating thing I'm experiencing is healing tanks that don't have dodge/parry. Every single post, site, tweet, street corner conversation, and their moms are basically telling tanks to go stam then mastery/haste depending on class and... so far... those particular tanks are getting absolutely smashed... every... single... time.

Maybe I'm just having bad luck and every tank I've ever healed for with the "new and improved" stat setup sucks but I kind of doubt it and its getting quite annoying.

Now, I've not gone into full on raiding but from LFR and LFD experience from poorly geared tanks up to ~500+ gear tanks, regardless of gear level, the ones that I see going dodge/parry have consistently been way, way, way, way, way, way, way, easier to heal. Anyone else having the same experience?

More of a rant than anything, though I suppose that's kind of what this thread is for.

Nope. It's probably not the gear, it's the tank. I've found that active mitigation geared tanks are easier to heal and spike a whole lot less. Really though, if your tanks are squishy, it's cus they're not using their abilities in the correct manner. Most tanks screw this up by not timing their active mitigation and using the associated abilities to crank out damage.

Gear level means nothing. Most tanks in 500 or so gear could have gotten all of that gear without really learning how to tank, through offspec rolls, being carried by healers, or even through doing lfr (most mechanics are braindead, as I'm sure you know.)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
maybe we should tank the dark animus adds and kill them one by one. AOE is bad. and lets not separate them, lets do it all together.

LETS NOT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I hate when people overheal to up their "healing done" because nobody looks at "over healing" and "mana used" :\
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I hate when people overheal to up their "healing done" because nobody looks at "over healing" and "mana used" :\

"Healing done" doesn't include overhealing. And overhealing is almost entirely meaningless.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
04/16/2013 11:18 PMPosted by Kaels
"Healing done" doesn't include overhealing. And overhealing is almost entirely meaningless.

This.
Also wtf is "mana used"? No meter I've used shows that. "Mana gained", yeah, but that's not really relevant lol

Healing done is really what matters, unless you're in a raid full of disc priests or something ;p
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

If there's one good thing about LFR, it's that the generally-low quality of healing and tanking and the complete disregard of mechanics seems to have taught a lot of people to get pretty damn good at taking advantage of things that help them survive (Barrier, SLT, Healing Rain, lock cookies that get requested before every pull...)

Oo Yea, Did LFR last night, as was surprised to see people running into my Healing rain, instead of out of it...Im just used to running tuesday LFRs
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]