new computer - can't play the game

90 Pandaren Monk
I bought a new computer yesterday and downloaded the full WoW game - and that took 24 hours almost - now I can't play the game?????

I get the sign on screen and type in my information - this brings me to the screen where I am to choose a server - it won't let me pick one so I can't play the game???

Help me someone PLEASE!!!
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
90 Tauren Druid
03/27/2013 04:44 PMPosted by Behbeh
it won't let me pick one

Could you elaborate a bit more on what this means? Is there a particular error message you get when you try to select or log into one?
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." -- The Fourth Doctor (in "Robot")
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
there is no error report - but obviously I am doing something wrong - or perhaps better said I might be missing some step - the game is 100% loaded and the PLAY button is not greyed out
I click on that - it sends me to the sign on screen - I fill that out and press enter - then it goes to the screen which usually lets you pick Bloodscalp as the place you want to be ..... I tell the program to suggest a site hoping I get that screen with all the server names - but that box shows up blank? There are no choices for me at all!

Am I missing a step - I am pretty much a novice - I read things like merge accounts and other things that confuse me -- am I doing something wrong ?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Behbeh,

May I ask how it is you're posting from an account holding several level 90s if you're a novice?

I'd also like to see your config.wtf file please.

It's located in your World of Warcraft\WTF folder. Edit your account name out first if it's showing.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I don't think he's a novice, just trying to play on a new machine, therefore, a fresh install.
Edited by Naturalfear on 3/28/2013 3:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]