Solar beam glyph change - WHY?

90 Worgen Druid
Is there any reason why blizzard has feels the need to remove every bit of edge we have?

This is not a QQ post nor as it a nonidentical rant about how boomkins are gymped; its a logical question that I am certain won't get any attention.

But first you nerfed displacer beast? Why, not a clue as this was our ONLY out from a melee dependent game. I would have thought a better approach to this would have been tweaking it away from feral possibly allowing it to work with balance correctly;

Our Nerf to cyclone seems to be yet again, another major blow to our utility- why bring a boomkin when they are
A) having their solar beam nerfed
B) Cyclone shares dr with everything else now
C) displacer beast is nerfed
D) mushroom mechanic is garbage for pvp
E) all melee classes pound and sit on boomkins -

I can hands down say that every single class beyond an under geared healer; soloing any other class is near impossible unless they are not to par with your gear / skill.

Moving forward to purposed NERF of our PVP MANDATORY glyph : Solar beam is the ONLY reason boomkins get invited to pvp. Changing our class yet again feels like you believe we are doing TOO much damage or have some Monumental advantage over pvp classes. No game is perfect but looking over class changes perspective, boomkin have been hit with the nerf bat more then any class in this expansion.

In summation, any game this old will go threw iterations, changes, and growths, I particularly feel blessed to be part of this thing we call World of Warcraft. Just feels as if boomkins have been under the microscope for some time and have yet to be "competitive" in any sense of the word in pvp.

Good day and happy hunting
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Oh an edit as well - natures vigil got nerfed as well
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This so much. It's unfortunate, but Blizzard caters to the whiners. "DISPLACUR BEAST 30 SEC VANISH OP NURF." Sadly, this is pretty much why they nerfed the stealth from DP. I have to admit solar beam was a bit powerful, but they could at least have made it a couple yards smaller, not completely gut the glyph. The regular solar beam is laughable when it comes to walking straight out of it, even with a vortex right on it. Balance druids need a buff. It doesn't have to be damage, we have some of the best burst in the game. But please, at least give us something to survive. Not all of us like to RBG and multidot, we all have our own interests when it comes to PvP
Edited by Bloom on 3/27/2013 8:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Ok I'm not playing this game anymore. What are ya thinking solar beam is the only useful thing we have
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I find it wildly whimsical that blizzard "claims" they want constructive feedback - yet here it is - NO QQ nothing of the sort yet no attention -
Oddly I could say the same thing for rogues or any other melee class; in that they are too OP but no, I mind my own business and try to feedback what frustrates me
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
WTB request for pin
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
At least 5.3 is releasing tri spec. Time to start gearing your resto/feral sets people!
Edited by Bloom on 3/27/2013 8:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Blizzard thinks 2-4+ warlocks per rbg team just wasn't enough. With the retarded solar beam change in 5.3, 95% of all the boomies will lose their spot to make room for one more warlock.

LOL.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I don't mind nerfs to OP abilties.

I do mind when these nerfs aren't counterbalanced with buffs in other areas and entire specs end up becoming useless.

If you want to nerf bream, we need a buff somewhere else.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm sorry I have not been paying attn much. What nerf is happening to Solar Beam?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
im switching to a warlock lets see now
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
If this change goes through I'll def be focusing on a reroll. I lead my own RBGs so it's not so much that I fear losing a spot. It's just that there's no point in bringing a boomkin in 5.3 when a lock, Mage, rogue or DK can dish out more damage and bring more utility. I may even go back to my hunter.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Y'all sound like all the cry baby warriors that defended not changing second wind. It will still be a strong ability without the glyph.

@overdozer You dont even pvp on that toon. Go ahead and enjoy that lock
Edited by Bullshîft on 3/28/2013 2:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I think the current solar beam radius is way way too big. It should take more than 1 person to silence an entire team that is clumped up or get gorefiend's grasped into a ring of frost. If you have a skilled DK yanking people in you'll still get the silence off. Using vortex/beam in conjunction with mass entanglement and it'll still get the job done. This will quickly separate the decent teams and good teams by their coordination.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I do wish one of the druid specs was remotely useful for soloing, or world PvP.

As it stands questing as a druid is somewhat of a chore. Dailies are tedious and time consuming.

I've tried to do boomkin and feral and they are both nasty and not much fun, compared to other solo specs. Boomkins cast times are just too long, and feral hits too weakly and hasn't got the interrupts and stuns a rogue has, that are needed to stand in close without dying.

Having taken away any real hybrid utility for druids, the cut down pure roles seem short of abilities and gimped. Given that druids are not top of the pack in any of the pure PvE roles either, I just can't seem to get it.

All the other classes seem to moan about druids, but just because they can't kill them fast enough. Maybe this makes them useful in bgs and arenas (debateable), but as far as everything else goes it doesn't help that much. I would gladly trade the escapability, for the ability to kill something.

Of course it doesn't help that our level 87 spell is only of any use in a group.

Yes, druids can run away and log off until the group in the questing zone leaves, but for anything else, except avoiding fighting, they are pretty useless without a group of decent classes to back them up.
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
It's just that there's no point in bringing a boomkin in 5.3 when a lock, Mage, rogue or DK can dish out more damage and bring more utility. I may even go back to my hunter.

Lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8518011755
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Y'all sound like all the cry baby warriors that defended not changing second wind. It will still be a strong ability without the glyph.

@overdozer You dont even pvp on that toon. Go ahead and enjoy that lock

^ Too dumb to realize his boomy won't be invited to any half-decent RBG teams once this change goes through.

Ya'll might think you're the exception to the rule, but if you're not 2400+ material, you will lose your spot to a random schmuck warlock come 5.3.

I guess it's a damn good thing that I geared up my lock for 5.2..
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
They won't invite boomkins because of our amazing spread damage, cyclone, and push? We still bring plenty to the table. We were good in battle grounds before the solar beam glyph and we will be good when its gone. I don't like the change, but I won't pretend to be ignorant to the reasoning behind it.
Reply Quote
Grip beam is still viable, and you guys are all whiners. If you get "replaced by some random shmuck warlock" you probably suck to begin with.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]