People will quit cuz of this Green Fire Quest

(Locked)

90 Undead Warlock
Its things like these threads that ruined the game, all these cata babies just want things given to them. If anything i hope they make it harder, if you want green fire earn it dont go on forums and cry out for nerfs.

As opposed to Wrath babies when Cata was current?

I think it's far more general than what expansion you came in on. Everyone everywhere wants stuff handed out to them.
90 Night Elf Monk
Not even 5% hit? You're in pvp gear, ok. But you have like no hit, and you actually get spell misses against players.

But it's really not surprising from your poorly typed paragraph. I feel like the people who whine and complain about this are the type of people who aren't good at owning up to their mistakes, or learning anything from errors. It's really tiring to see people who complain when their character isn't even optimal for the fight or when they still have no idea how the fight mechanics work after 50+ attempts. The amount of times I've read people complaining about the imp and calling it RNG is incredible.
90 Undead Mage
Im hoping they dont nerf this quest before i can get the drop. People like you are the reason why mmos dont have nice things like thieving and pvp freelooting anymore. Id love to have a 2400 arena rating, maybe we should ask them to give 2400 ratings to everyone who cries. Step up your game, plenty of undergeared people have done it.
IMHO they should make it harder. Not only is my cup of tears not full enough, but it should be a bloody CHALLENGE to get green fire.

It's obviously doable. You're just not good enough.
95 Undead Warlock
You people made this way to hard some of us spent hours upon hours looking for this quest when we find it we are so excited and the thing that gets us upset is that you made it to where its like a raid boss most people have jobs and dont have time to be that strong or get that rotation down to kill the green fire guy you think people can get through this your wrong i bet you Game Masters had trouble also why make something that people would get upset over this should have been a glyph not a quest all it dos is turn your fire green but now most of us are seeing how much we are spending repairing our gear not only that 3 people i know are thinking about quiting the game cuz of this this is something that you will need to change or lose members that have been playing for year this is wrong thing to do to people who put so much money into a game to not be able to get what they want even if they work hard for it i bet alot of people will agree to this as this is wrong and this i hope will have alot of people talking about it so you can get it into your head that people are not happy!!!!!!!

Whoa, mega qq!!! This fight requires learning the mechanics and having some skill. As for people with jobs who don't have time to d this... I am active duty military and I was able to find a tome and get my green fire the first week. Just takes some forethought and a bit of dedication.

If anyone gets this upset to unsubscribe then do us all the favor and go for it. Whining about it won't make it any easier and is just pathetic.

On a separate note, I would have been very disappointed if they handed out green fire via a glyph... then EVERYONE would have it and it wouldn't be so desired anymore. If you want hand outs, play a different game.
90 Human Warlock
03/27/2013 07:06 PMPosted by Fallenkiller
You people made this way to hard some of us spent hours upon hours looking for this quest when we find it we are so excited and the thing that gets us upset is that you made it to where its like a raid boss most people have jobs and dont have time to be that strong or get that rotation down to kill the green fire guy

Don't worry, all of us who killed him had our raging moment. Mine was in guild chat, and my guild leader was considering kicking me for it. I have a full time job, working about 50-55 hours a week and still managed to find the time to do it.

If I can beat it in one sitting w/ full pvp gear, you can do it.

Egotism is hereditary, so I cannot flame you for posting that... but when you actually DO start the quest chain, let us know all about how you smashed through it in your pvp gear and made Mr. Ebonlocke crap in his pants.

03/27/2013 07:09 PMPosted by Varlth
Fight is all about mechanics. Gear makes it easier, and low gear doesn't make it impossible.

You said it, the encounter can be done in any reasonably earned gear. I completed it with an iLvl of 469, although I'm sure the encounter was not meant to last that long. My second curse had about 2 minutes remaining on it. I'm estimating about 10 minutes total for my final encounter.

this fight isnt about dps

its about staying the !@#$ alive.

so how the hell can better gear make this fight easier?/

Tell me...

I'm very curious to know...

The whole "gear" thing has to do with the amount of damage you can focus on Kanrethad before you are exhausted of all your abilities (or hit the end of the curse timer). Having better gear will help you deal more damage over the course of 7 minutes (which I do not see being done unless you have an iLvl of like 550, that is why you keep purification potions ready).

Im hoping they dont nerf this quest before i can get the drop. People like you are the reason why mmos dont have nice things like thieving and pvp freelooting anymore. Id love to have a 2400 arena rating, maybe we should ask them to give 2400 ratings to everyone who cries. Step up your game, plenty of undergeared people have done it.

You sound like someone who's been playing since vanilla. Someone who has to EARN everything. I bet you have a great work ethic too. I couldn't have said it better myself! Props to you, and it is indeed a Legendary chain.... I just hope they add a feat. of strength for it. Right now there isn't even an achievement for killing Kanrethad. :'-(

Nerf it or scale it to gear. Or both.

I myself am not returning to Kanrethad till I have my full tyrannical.
Blizzard did not consider people that are PVP players for this encounter.

Once you beat it, you will change your mind. As for waiting for a full set, that might be a good idea if you are not a very alert player. The encounter takes a TON of situational awareness. You controll the tank, the DPS, and the heals. Until you've mastered all of this, don't expect to beat him.
Edited by Conjurevil on 3/28/2013 4:36 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Thell shut up noob first off your siting there on your computer do you even have a job or a life why not get one cuz you should
90 Orc Warlock
What job do you have where they don't care if you know how to spell or form proper sentences?
90 Troll Warlock
Thell shut up noob first off your siting there on your computer do you even have a job or a life why not get one cuz you should

You have to be <13 years old.
90 Undead Warlock
Let them quit, they are the cancer ruining WoW.
90 Undead Warlock

ITT, whiney warlock who can't beat Ebonlocke calling another warlock with green fire and Challenge Mode transmog gear a noob.

F'n priceless
90 Human Warlock
I'm just happy that Fallenkiller plays Horde. I thought these whiney temper tantrums always came from the Alliance side...
90 Orc Warlock
Blizzard should make an entire separate forum for all these threads. Seriously there's got to be at least a thousand at this point. If you quit because you can't get green fire, well, good riddance.
90 Human Warlock
No one will quit. Some of us will keep trying to get better and finish the fight, other will simply not have green fire (OH NO!!!!).

You, OP, are an over-entitled whiner. Tuck in your skirt, Susy!
90 Undead Warlock
Anger management is in order for anyone seriously thinking of quitting this game over one fight, with an aesthetic reward. Keep at it and take breaks if you are getting frustrated. If you feel that you can't do it or aren't willing to put in the effort for it, just wait til you out gear the fight.

this fight isnt about dps

its about staying the !@#$ alive.

so how the hell can better gear make this fight easier?/

Tell me...

I'm very curious to know...

You seriously don't know how better gear can make this fight easier? I was able to do it in ilvl479 pvp gear, reforging to hit but better gear would have made the fight a lot easier. A faster fight is an easier fight. Simple.
90 Gnome Warlock
People will not quit because of this quest, they will just reroll.
90 Undead Warlock
You people made this way to hard some of us spent hours upon hours looking for this quest when we find it we are so excited and the thing that gets us upset is that you made it to where its like a raid boss most people have jobs and dont have time to be that strong or get that rotation down to kill the green fire guy you think people can get through this your wrong i bet you Game Masters had trouble also why make something that people would get upset over this should have been a glyph not a quest all it dos is turn your fire green but now most of us are seeing how much we are spending repairing our gear not only that 3 people i know are thinking about quiting the game cuz of this this is something that you will need to change or lose members that have been playing for year this is wrong thing to do to people who put so much money into a game to not be able to get what they want even if they work hard for it i bet alot of people will agree to this as this is wrong and this i hope will have alot of people talking about it so you can get it into your head that people are not happy!!!!!!!

this is where blizzard gets stuck, they have people complaining about the game being to easy, then they add something hard, and then they get people like you, who complain about things being too HARD, it doesn't sound like you have a job, the green fire is supposed to be a REWARD, because you've done something very challenging, and in return, you get something that looks awesome, if you and other people are going to quit because something is too hard for you, then you're not getting the point of the game.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]