People will quit cuz of this Green Fire Quest

(Locked)

90 Orc Warlock
sorry fallenkiller, its hard to take you seriously when your using stam gems and the elemental force enchant on your weapon. Its not like its a requirement to complete the quest, and if i were you id be working on basic gear upgrades and enchants instead of having green fire. icyveins.com is a good place for you to start looking theres some great threads on there about how to make you better equiped to take on this questchain or anything else in game. Ive only had a couple shots at the final boss on the quest and i think its perfect the way it is. I have to agree with Coldvyvora, its a reward for beating something thats a challenge. Do some research, theres many good videos on the fight.
90 Orc Shaman
Im a pretty casual player, did it in full malevolent pvp gear as well...It is an unforgiving fight for sure and takes execution but COME ON MAN....if you cant get it down then why do you think you should deserve the epic green fire??? if it were EASY then it wouldnt be prestige at all and EVERYONE would be sporting it.....I LOVE this quest, i love the boss and love that its actually challenging, If pve were always this challenging then id raid again, unfortunatley pve has been dulled down because of crybabys like you who dont want to try to get better and expect the same rewards
90 Orc Warlock
Yes, Kanrethad is extremely difficult and annoying... But that is how it should be. I just had a 5% wipe right before I had to log so I plan on downing him tonight. Study the fight and do it over and over until you have the timing down for every summon. Its not impossible, otherwise no one at all would be finishing the quest. I will be very upset if they nerf the boss.
100 Undead Warlock
03/29/2013 12:03 PMPosted by Coldvyvora
the green fire is supposed to be a REWARD, because you've done something very challenging, and in return, you get something that looks awesome

But we want our epics now!!! EPICS!!!! Why do I have to kill bad guys for my awesome gearz? Just give it to me for 5 copper so I can be cool like the rest! >:-(
its not about the gear really at all because the micanx, are just so truff for some people, you guys say ooo its easy this guy done it in 463 gear, its not the point, its prob like the hardest boss fight ever in wow, bliz is expecting us to use moves than some/MOST people have never used.....
its dum that the dum bliz that they are didnt take in affect of the noob out there who will never be good at playing a warlock but farmed weeks to get the quest for it and then found out they cant even get pass the imps in the fight..
90 Orc Warlock
03/29/2013 02:28 PMPosted by Dziah
its dum that the dum bliz that they are didnt take in affect of the noob out there who will never be good at playing a warlock
This was hard to read but you're just wrong. They did take it into account. That's why there is no gear scaling. You will be able to outgear it from LFR or normal ToT. If you still cant get it by T16 then you have T16 LFR to massively overgear it. If you still can't get it in this xpac then likely it'll just be from a trainer next xpac. They're giving everyone what they want. The people who want to push themselves get the opportunity (something no other class gets; we are getting a huge thing as Warlocks), and the people who don't want to or can't bring the skill to kill it get the opportunity in the future. Some people you can never please no matter what you do. If you can't see that some people just have to wait a couple months, or think that all the people who enjoyed the quest should've been screwed just so the impatient people could get something they didn't have to work toward, you're in a huge whiny minority. I'm glad Blizz isn't catering to that toxic playerbase. The warlock community doesn't need those kind of people.
90 Undead Warlock
03/29/2013 02:42 PMPosted by Loktronotron
its dum that the dum bliz that they are didnt take in affect of the noob out there who will never be good at playing a warlock
This was hard to read but you're just wrong. They did take it into account. That's why there is no gear scaling. You will be able to outgear it from LFR or normal ToT. If you still cant get it by T16 then you have T16 LFR to massively overgear it. If you still can't get it in this xpac then likely it'll just be from a trainer next xpac. They're giving everyone what they want. The people who want to push themselves get the opportunity (something no other class gets; we are getting a huge thing as Warlocks), and the people who don't want to or can't bring the skill to kill it get the opportunity in the future. Some people you can never please no matter what you do. If you can't see that some people just have to wait a couple months, or think that all the people who enjoyed the quest should've been screwed just so the impatient people could get something they didn't have to work toward, you're in a huge whiny minority. I'm glad Blizz isn't catering to that toxic playerbase. The warlock community doesn't need those kind of people.

Come on Lok, you're better than replying to this kind of garbage. =P

It also smells a bit of troll.
90 Human Warlock
A small percentage of people in lower end gear can do it. They are few...

Compared to the 10's of thousands that can't.

Nerf it or scale it to gear. Or both.

I myself am not returning to Kanrethad till I have my full tyrannical.
Blizzard did not consider people that are PVP players for this encounter.

It's much harder in PVP gear from S12. Not impossible. A few have done it.

Sure its about skill but let's face it.
Most people have not the time nor skill to do this.

If you substitute Green Fire for Heroic raids, you get the same issue. Only a small number of people right now are clearing Heroic ToT. 5.2 isn't even a month old - and from the get go people have been calling for a nerf to this new content (the quests not the raids) because they think its too hard because they didn't 1 shot the boss, yet I haven't seen cries for nerfs to the Brawlers Guild and correct me if I am wrong, but its pretty much the same thing isn't it? I personally don't understand it.

Green fire was supposed to be a rare thing that not many people have. There are only so many ways to do this. Limit the availability of the tome, or make the encounter a challenge. They did both, and I am glad they did. It is not something I have been able to dedicate time too as of late, but I hope that it remains a challenge even with gear, and I wouldn't mind if it continued to scale UP in difficulty with gear so that when I finally get around to it, it will be just as much of a challenge as it is today.

TL;DR: Green fire is an optional questline, just like the brawlers guild, challenge modes, and heroic raids are optional. Just because 60% of the warlock community cannot complete the quest in their current gear doesn't mean it needs a nerf.
90 Orc Warlock
http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/1710-kanrethad-guide-warlock-green-fire-video-and-guide-by-ackthal

There, now you know how to do it.
Quitters, hurry up and quit, and stop whining.

I stuck it out for MANY hours, MANY attempts, and TONS of gold. But now I'm green
90 Orc Warlock
03/29/2013 07:01 PMPosted by Crocelle
I'll never understand why warlocks are the only class in the game that's treated like this.
For anyone that doesn't have a crappy attitude and actually enjoys difficult content, this is a blessing for the Warlocks. I feel bad for all the other classes that get stuff handed to them. We get an AWESOME quest and a very difficult fight all to ourselves. If you can't do it, then just wait til it's a lot easier or til it's a trained ability or glyph or something. We got really special treatment and Blizz gave us something unique and amazing.

People who just look for things to cry about thinking that this is a case of Blizz disliking warlocks are insane. Find anything to cry about and try to get attention instead of understanding how lucky we are and how great this quest is to complete (which lots of people could do if they took some time from whining and actually learned how to do it). It's pathetic how some people think. Can't ever look at the positive side of things, what a great way to go through life.
91 Undead Warlock
this !@#$ is getting VERY old. should not be this hard, and no matter WHERE i send the enslave, even behind the portal, it gets broke EVERY time and i get killed on felhound phase 1. ive been a paying customer since vanilla and this is just pissing me off for a vanity item. really leaving a bad feeling after playing for hours trying to beat this quest. im using the proper macros and trying everything else i can think of. idk, i may just stop playing for a bit also
90 Dwarf Warlock
My subscription was about to expire, and I was going to let it (I hadn't played in most of a year anyway) until I heard about the Green Fire Warlock Scenario. It is literally what got me playing WoW again.
90 Undead Warlock
SKP
I actually came back to the game specifically to level a warlock to do the Green Fire quest. I want challenge in WoW.

I want the Hunter quests from Vanilla. I want the original Warlock steed quest. I want something I can do alone (or mostly alone), and that means something to me because I had to work for it instead of having it handed to me.

I don't know if people will quit due to this quest, but good riddance. I came back and I know others have as well.
90 Orc Warlock
The fight really is not hard at all once you understand all the mechanics. If people really can't do it, then they don't deserve green fire and SHOULD quit. It took me less than 10 attempts in FULL PvP gear. Either get better, or quit. Don't complain about a fight being too hard when it's not.
100 Undead Warlock
Oh shut up.
100 Troll Warlock
HC
Killed it in 3 attempts because the first two times I didn't send my pitlord far enough to range the felhunters. Then again, I also did it on ptr in 15 attempts the day they released it, so I knew the fight going in.
100 Human Warlock
Dear Blizzard,

I already got my green fire(I look badass, thank you for asking). but I would like to ask when you finally decide to cave and give these Wannabe Warlocks easy-mode green fire quest, please implement an Achievement/Feat of Strength for those of us who passed the trial... And also the ability to throw a pie in the face of any Warlock with Green Fire and no Achievement/Feat of Strength.

They can have green fire, but only with humiliation by pie.
100 Troll Warlock
HC
Dear Blizzard,

I already got my green fire(I look badass, thank you for asking). but I would like to ask when you finally decide to cave and give these Wannabe Warlocks easy-mode green fire quest, please implement an Achievement/Feat of Strength for those of us who passed the trial... And also the ability to throw a pie in the face of any Warlock with Green Fire and no Achievement/Feat of Strength.

They can have green fire, but only with humiliation by pie.

What kind of pie? Can it be kodo?!?!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]