Possible Fishing Issue

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin
I logged in to WoW tonight and was doing the fishing daily to get the 7 eels. But whenever I get a bite and reel it in I get a message saying there is no loot to get. I must have casted about 50 times and i got that message about 12 to 15 times.There was a mage who was fishing by me and he said same thing happened to him and he fixed it by logging out of the game and logging back in. I tried that but now every time I cast and reel in, I get that message EVERY time. is there a problem with that daily today?
- Customer Support
10 Blood Elf Priest
have you tried disabling addons, to see if that helps?
Support Forum Agent
There was a mage who was fishing by me and he said same thing happened to him and he fixed it by logging out of the game and logging back in. I tried that but now every time I cast and reel in, I get that message EVERY time. is there a problem with that daily today?

Not that I'm aware of. If logging out and back in fixed it for the mage you spoke with it could be an issue with your UI or a latency issue you may be having with the realm.

Usually waiting about 15 minutes or so allows you to sync with the game and resolves most of those issues but you can also try resetting your UI.
90 Human Rogue
I have had the same issue over the past few days.
The bobber will go off but the message says no loot.
Interesting part is that my fish count goes up by one each time on my counter for the "thats a lot of bait" achev despite not having anything to show for it
Only seems to happen when fishing from pools and moving to another pool in the same area is fine.
Should mention that its seems to happen on the inland waters of Krasarang and not the coastal pools
- Technical Support
12 Human Mage
I had this happen in the Valley at the pools outside the brewery. One specific pool resulted in that same message. I just figured the pool was bugged and moved on. The other pools worked.
90 Draenei Paladin
I first encountered this at least 2 weeks ago, with the new "fish of the day" pools in pandaria. The pools act like normal pools, and disappear after 3-4 casts, but at least every other pool gives the "there is no loot" message.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Thread about this issue in Bug Reports:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8177777716

It's not just limited to Pandaria and fish of the day pools. It's also happening in Mulgore and Durotar while trying to do the dailies there.

My daughter tried doing the /reload, deleting cache, logging in and out, resetting her UI, the works. None of these fixed the problem.

It happened to me again day before yesterday while once again in Krasarang trying to do the Dojani Eels daily. =/ Fished out a Paddlefish pool. No fish, only this error.
Support Forum Agent
One specific pool resulted in that same message. I just figured the pool was bugged and moved on. The other pools worked.

The more information our QA department can get on the issue the better it should help them track what is happening. If you come across another one of those pools if you can go to it and then submit a report through the in-game interface that will note the location and send the information to Quality Assurance.
90 Human Warrior
I was doing the fishing by Stormstout brewery. Same thing I would fish the pools and get no loot message. I logged in/out. Disable add ons, reload ui to no avail. I tried different pools. Some would let me loot, some didnt.
MVP - Technical Support
12 Human Mage
Celtic, please do exactly what Vrak said and use the in-game Bug Report tool to report the broken fishing pools. Do this when are are standing next to the bad ones! That will help the QA team by providing specific information automatically.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]