Riptide/UE glyph could fix sham spread heals!

90 Orc Shaman
As happy as i am too see shaman healing on the spells Healing Rain and Chain heal and Earthliving buffed by 20% its still not why shamans are under performing. Shamans need a solid heal to use when the raid is spread out besides glyph of chaining which is still mediocre at best. I invite everyone to submit possible solutions to this issue. I have a possible solution to this issue.

Change glyph of riptide

- While glyph of riptide was intended to help shamans in spread raid healing and with movement fights, I feel blizzard went the wrong way with it by reducing the healing and removing the cooldown. Instead, I feel it should have done something along the lines of making it more like Circle of Healing or Wild Growth and making the cooldown longer. The new glyph would read something like:

(Possible new names for glyph are welcome. I like "Glyph of Rip Current")

Glyph of Riptide - Cause your riptide to hit your initial target and the 4-5 lowest hp targets within 30yards but also doubles the cooldown and mana cost and sets the riptide hot duration to 12 seconds.

Reasons this glyph is helpful/fair:

-This would help shaman cover their weakest spot in their toolkit, spread healing.

-The longer 12second cooldown and double mana cost would cause a shaman to have to use it wisely still instead of just spamming it because now you can not use it as often to generate tidal waves.

-The reduction to 12second duration on riptide HoT effect is necessary as I feel it would get to out of hand having a riptide HoT on 10targets which would mean your chain heal would always be getting buffed by it. This way maxes it out at 5 targets having riptide HoT at once. Or this change may not be necessary at all because the penalty from not getting as many tidal wave procs from it.

(All of the above effects would be subject to tuning and balancing)

Any feedback on what you think about this glyph would be appreciated. Only constructive comments please

---EDIT---
Another possible solution:
Unleash Elements Glyph (Resto Only): Your UE no longer applies a direct heal. Instead it copies any of the shamans healing over time effects and copies them to 4-5 nearby targets within 30yards.

Once again it would have a CoH, WG feel to it.
Already on a 15second cooldown.
Would make the actual "healing" from UE seem useful.
Would synergize greatly with Chain Heal.
Edited by Boomdawg on 3/28/2013 5:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
-The longer 12second cooldown and double mana cost would cause a shaman to have to use it wisely still instead of just spamming it because now you can not use it as often to generate tidal waves.

When you double the cd and mana cost it is a net 0. And you would just spam it on CD like WG or CoH, especially since it is a hot and you'd be using it pre-emptively.

If anything is to be done with RT it just needs the HoT portion buffed a bit. It is a good spell and a good design, just a little weak. If this type of spell was introduced it would become a mandatory glyph which is kind of what they don't want even though many glyph are extremely terribad.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
When you double the cd and mana cost it is a net 0. And you would just spam it on CD like WG or CoH, especially since it is a hot and you'd be using it pre-emptively.

If anything is to be done with RT it just needs the HoT portion buffed a bit. It is a good spell and a good design, just a little weak. If this type of spell was introduced it would become a mandatory glyph which is kind of what they don't want even though many glyph are extremely terribad.

Ok how do you feel about a counter proposal about an unleash elements glyph.

It would remove the direct heal and copy any of the shamans hot effects from the target it was cast on to 4-5 targets within 30 yards? (once again prioritizing to the lowest hp targets)
This would more easily allow the spreading of earthliving and riptide and then. It would also synergize quite well with chain heal as once again it would allow you to spread the riptide hot very effectively and enable the probability that you will need to cast chain heal on a target with the hot.
Edited by Boomdawg on 3/28/2013 5:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Having too many 5 target heals starts to change the playing field dramatically. CH would be a great spell if it was looked and and it's mechanical limitations were adressed. To me it is really just that simple. Don't need new spells, buffs, or bells and whistles. The foundation is there, just need some new siding and a roof.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I'm not saying have them both introduced simply one would do. I'd be perfectly content with my 6second riptide single target heal if the UE glyph was introduced. Hell I'd even take a tweak to "Glyph of chaining". Just add that chain heal is now instant to glyph of chaining and it would become a much better glyph. Although I'm sure that would cause alot of balancing issues for PvP unfortunately when you now give shamans another instant heal.
Reply Quote
80 Goblin Shaman
I can see the merits in the proposal. I know that I enjoy the CoH style heals on my priest and smart heals are always better than dumb heals.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
My vote to fix resto shaman;

Delete Unleash Fury Talent (it's ridiculous to babysit a second buff on whoever you unleash on to get the full benefit).
Replace with [Totemic Mastery]
Air Totems - Heals a second target for 50% of the healing. (pretty much like the tier 15 2 piece bonus)
Water Totems - Some type of slight mana benefit
Fire Totems - Hits an additional target for 50% of the dmg done
Earth Totems - Places a shield on 3-5 low health targets. This would give us an incentive to keep an earth totem down. More depth. I like :)

Numbers could come up or down of course, but i think it'd be great. I say, give us a piece of the absorb pie that Disc and H-Pallies have been gorging on this expac.

What would be nice about this is that it wouldn't be much of an advantage in PvP as it's all attached to our 10 hp totems. I think this is Blizzard's biggest concern with us.

Or if you prefer, this idea could replace our abysmal totem tier with something useful.
Edited by Luvbacon on 3/28/2013 11:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
A glyph like that would just be flat out mandatory, which is not what they want.

Delete Unleash Fury Talent (it's ridiculous to babysit a second buff on whoever you unleash on to get the full benefit).

You can't just delete UF without taking into consideration the DPS specs.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Is it really that good for dps? I'm thinkig they'd rather have more dmg from their fire totems, but who knows. Fair enough, but it is pretty terrible for healing. The idea would certainly work for our totem tier which you must agree is awful.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]