Future of wPvP, shoud ED get involved?

Many of you are aware of the changes that our friend Charax has pointed out.

Here is a link to his/her post on the General Discussion forum, and a few others of relevance.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8480728546
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8481098514

The biggest argument the PvE'rs and forum trolls keep stating is that wPvP only consists of ganking or whoever has more people. Anyone on ED worth their mettle can to you otherwise.

I know ED is pretty unique but there are a few other wPvP havens out there (or so I have been told). Regardless, much of the community does not understand what wPvP means to us and what its about. So I would like to ask for wPvP videos from anyone in the community that has any from Cata to present. My goal would be to organize them in a thread to post on the General Discussion forums to show them what wPvP really is.

That is my initial thoughts on the subject at least. However, I also feel like this would either be A) Pointless: Why should the preferences of a few servers get in the way of PvP balance for everyone else. Or B) Promote an influx of non-RP transfers and solve nothing.

Whats your thoughts? Regardless I think if you value wPvP you need to get involved and cause a ruckus to be heard.

TL;DR: Gimme some ED wPvP videos or tell me why that is a pointless/bad idea.

Edit: My grammr R gewd.
Edited by Vhiessu on 3/28/2013 10:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
20 Gnome Warrior
Come on guys, you heard him, Shockblast, Thankus and all my other video making mind slaves, its up to you to make some videos, and its up to the rest of us to provide content for the videos.

Lets get this !@#$ done fast, i want them out before the new patch comes out.
Edited by Shippolo on 3/28/2013 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Warsong Battalion have some videos dating back to Cata. Some of us against Kingship and others of us fighting Battlehammer

I would forever love anyone who has the video of the Horde base in Howling Fjord being attacked by the AEC. It was WSB and Project Mayhem against AEC. Was such an epic fight with only a little lag

Oh, and I know there are some Wpvp videos with DwD fighting Ally
Edited by Bronkk on 3/28/2013 10:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
20 Gnome Warrior
Warsong Battalion have some videos dating back to Cata. Some of us against Kingship and others of us fighting Battlehammer

I would forever love anyone who has the video of the Horde base in Howling Fjord being attacked by the AEC. It was WSB and Project Mayhem against AEC. Was such an epic fight with only a little lag

Post em, everyone who has a video of big or small WPVP, post em. Make sure its not just you ganking people.
Reply Quote
Links people we needz linkz!

Post em, everyone who has a video of big or small WPVP, post em. Make sure its not just you ganking people.
Edited by Vhiessu on 3/28/2013 10:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
You should reach out to the other wpvp servers, like Bleeding Hollow and KJ. Even some previous high wpvp activity servers, like Veco, would have a bunch of vids.

It would be great to show the epicness of wpvp to the uninformed.
Reply Quote
Alright. Also check out www.Warsongbarracks.com. Ton of Wpvp videos there of us against almost every Ally Wpvp guild
Edited by Bronkk on 3/28/2013 10:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xVE30ZI_kU

Not sure if this is what you are looking for. KotE Wpvp video broken into chapters of different areas. Looks like Thankus made it

Edit- My old guild Enclave was in the first fight XD
Edited by Bronkk on 3/28/2013 10:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I've really only played on ED, and I guess I took WPvP for granted.

Is it true that on normal PvP servers the WPvP is lacking? Even with CRZ?

And the 5.3 changes will essentially favor 520+ Raid Gear vs Tyrannical gear?

Sucks man.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
If you guys start going on about how wpvp is more about tactics and the like they'll just turn it back on you and say then all your tactics and kill should overcome any pve gear advantage that may exist. There is no way you're going to get any of these people to agree with your position.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I've really only played on ED, and I guess I took WPvP for granted.

Is it true that on normal PvP servers the WPvP is lacking? Even with CRZ?

And the 5.3 changes will essentially favor 520+ Raid Gear vs Tyrannical gear?

Sucks man.

Kil Jaeden and Bleeding Hollow both have several guilds that focus on wpvp which are very active. I'm sure there are a few others here and there but decent sized wpvp has faded away over the years, some blame flying mounts but I'm leaning more towards this is an old game and everyone has been there and moved on to other aspects of the game.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
World PVP isn't going to die because of this change. Chill out.
Reply Quote
World PVP isn't going to die because of this change. Chill out.

Haha true. A kick in the nuts won't kill you either, but I wouldn't recommend one.

Blizz asked for feedback on this change, if you feel you have a stake in it, might as well have your voice heard.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I dont understand why they would have to tweak the gear at all. I primarily PvE, but I have a full set of PvP for when Im roaming around the world and want to protect myself. It just seems like the smart thing to do. Just a strange decision by Blizz really.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
What is the absolute worst thing that's going to happen if this change makes it live?
Reply Quote
03/28/2013 12:51 PMPosted by Áyllin

Haha true. A kick in the nuts won't kill you either, but I wouldn't recommend one.

Blizz asked for feedback on this change, if you feel you have a stake in it, might as well have your voice heard.

We barely have 1 single guild who just finished Heroic ToE, and you guys are worry about them raiders ganking you in the far future.

The Drama Queen award goes the Emerald Dream's PvPers

Wanting the best PvP gear to be equivalent to the best PvE gear is being a drama queen?

Go troll emeralddrama, I hear you're right popular there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]